• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The ethics chief who quit just went viral with his own “State of the Union” speech

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
This is a hilarious parody re Trump's SOTU speech.

Walter Shaub, who resigned as head of the Government Ethics Office early in Donald Trump’s administration to protest the president and his cronies fast and loose ethics, is now Senior Director, Ethics, for the Campaign Legal Center, and he frequently tweets his opinion of weighty ethical matters.

The Shtate Of The Uniom Ish Tremendoush.”

“My fellow “Americans,” and you know who you are (wink), I will now read Steve Miller’s monotonous words.”

“There’s my wife Melania looking stormy tonight. We should be so lucky to have more immigrants like that. She’s from Slovenia. It’s next to Norway. So, she’s like practically a Norway person.”

“There’s the sweet aroma of anticipation in the air because coal jobs are coming back, along with other traditional professions: blacksmiths, cordwainers, boatswains, Bookbinders for a paperless society! Wheelwrights unite!”

“I.m reopening Guantanamo. Abu Ghraib too. And those secret CIA places – I’m not talking about those buildings with steeples where they torture you with sermons. I’m talking gulag-style torture. The best torture. Yes, America is great again! Halleluj. Halleluuuuuge,”

“In conclusion, the sthtate of the uniom ish great! So are my conflicts of interest. So great.”

Wow. Incredible. Folks, let me tell you, never seen a biglier speech before.

http://washingtonpress.com/2018/01/31/ethics-chief-quit-just-went-viral-state-union-speech/

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member

Walter Shaub, who resigned as head of the Government Ethics Office early in Donald Trump’s administration to protest the president and his cronies fast and loose ethics, is now Senior Director, Ethics, for the Campaign Legal Center, and he frequently tweets his opinion of weighty ethical matters.

“My fellow “Americans,” and you know who you are (wink), I will now read Steve Miller’s monotonous words.”

“There’s my wife Melania looking stormy tonight. We should be so lucky to have more immigrants like that. She’s from Slovenia. It’s next to Norway. So, she’s like practically a Norway person.”

“There’s the sweet aroma of anticipation in the air because coal jobs are coming back, along with other traditional professions: blacksmiths, cordwainers, boatswains, Bookbinders for a paperless society! Wheelwrights unite!”

“I.m reopening Guantanamo. Abu Ghraib too. And those secret CIA places – I’m not talking about those buildings with steeples where they torture you with sermons. I’m talking gulag-style torture. The best torture. Yes, America is great again! Halleluj. Halleluuuuuge,”

“In conclusion, the sthtate of the uniom ish great! So are my conflicts of interest. So great.”

http://washingtonpress.com/2018/01/31/ethics-chief-quit-just-went-viral-state-union-speech/
That might have been funny but I'll never know because I don't read anything I know is bullshit.

Last edited:

Caroljo

Senator
Have they continued to bring more prisoners in? I thought they had been trying to remove/transfer them out for quite some time.
There are 15 "detainees" still there. Obama couldn't make a deal to get rid of them I guess. We still have soldiers there guarding them. It never closed. Now, it still won't! Sounds like ANY terrorist that is caught, here or in other countries, that will be their new home.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!

oh wow what a shocker an obama appointment ethics went out the door when obama became president. the opinion of that unethical person doesn't bother me

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
oh wow what a shocker an obama appointment ethics went out the door when obama became president. the opinion of that unethical person doesn't bother me
He left early on after unethical Trump entered the WH.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
He left early on after unethical Trump entered the WH.

I guess Trump wasn't going to allow him to be unethical any longer.

It must be quite expensive to keep it open for just 15 detainees.
It been open since 1903.

Somehow I bet you didn't know it's a US naval base for 115 years. Sad.

The military prison for terrorists was built just prior to its opening in 2002.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
It been open since 1903.

I wonder how many Democrats don't know it's a navy base. I spent two months on deployment to Gitmo. The main base, called Seward or Windward, is like a small American town. The other side, called Leeward, where the patrol squadrons were billeted, is, or was a shit-hole.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
It been open since 1903.

The cost of keeping GITMO open is more amazing.. not that there's a naval base.

Guantanamo Camp Costs $900,000 A Year Per Inmate

WASHINGTON, May 3 (Reuters) - It’s been dubbed the most expensive prison on Earth and President Barack Obama cited the cost this week as one of many reasons to shut down the detention center at Guantanamo Bay, which burns through some $900,000 per prisoner annually.

The Pentagon estimates it spends about $150 million each year to operate the prison and military court system at the U.S. Naval Base in Cuba, which was set up 11 years ago to house foreign terrorism suspects. With 166 inmates currently in custody, that amounts to an annual cost of $903,614 per prisoner.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/03/guantanamo-camp-cost_n_3211978.html

“With a cost that has now topped $5 billion, keeping Guantanamo open is a drain on taxpayers and a recruiting tool for terrorists,” said Sen. Dianne Feinstein, California Democrat. “Most importantly, holding prisoners without charge or trial for decades erodes the bedrock of our democracy. It’s a clear violation of due process and the rule of law.”

WASHINGTON, May 3 (Reuters) - It’s been dubbed the most expensive prison on Earth and President Barack Obama cited the cost this week as one of many reasons to shut down the detention center at Guantanamo Bay, which burns through some $900,000 per prisoner annually.

The Pentagon estimates it spends about $150 million each year to operate the prison and military court system at the U.S. Naval Base in Cuba, which was set up 11 years ago to house foreign terrorism suspects. With 166 inmates currently in custody, that amounts to an annual cost of $903,614 per prisoner.

“With a cost that has now topped $5 billion, keeping Guantanamo open is a drain on taxpayers and a recruiting tool for terrorists,” said Sen. Dianne Feinstein, California Democrat. “Most importantly, holding prisoners without charge or trial for decades erodes the bedrock of our democracy. It’s a clear violation of due process and the rule of law.”
Don't worry your little head. Just go back to thinking Obama closed it. :p

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member

Addy, no one here expects you to understand what a navy base is. The cost of the detainment facility is primarily for feeding the inmates. It's on the base so the cost is minimal.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Don't worry your little head. Just go back to thinking Obama closed it. :p
Oh wise one, why would I think that -- when there has been so much controversy surrounding closing GITO...:rolleyes:
I just thought they were no longer accepting new prisoners since quite a few prisoners have actually been removed/transferred.

New Pro-GI ROEs

How much does it cost to give Muzzies a bullet in the head, plus a gallon of pig's blood for a burial anointment?