• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The Forum rules as posted in 2014 have been revised.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I read the rules thoroughly. And many if not most of them, it is easy to see, were inspired by the whining of Lefty. Lefty makes rules that it has no intention of abiding by. Any doxxing that was ever done on PJ was done by Lefty. Lefty sees any use of the ratings as abuse.

Our only hope is that the asterisk statement at the end of most of those rules that "moderator discretion" is used in all reports - will be seen and dealt with by fair-minded moderators.
50+ disagree ratings in a row is abusive IMO and simply trolling, otherwise I could care less of ratings and you're correct libs have always hated ratings and why negative was removed.

I read the rules thoroughly. And many if not most of them, it is easy to see, were inspired by the whining of Lefty. Lefty makes rules that it has no intention of abiding by. Any doxxing that was ever done on PJ was done by Lefty. Lefty sees any use of the ratings as abuse.

Our only hope is that the asterisk statement at the end of most of those rules that "moderator discretion" is used in all reports - will be seen and dealt with by fair-minded moderators.
When we first came here - and the owners couldn't keep up - I suggested then that the boards be renamed, as in, the old Slate boards - we might all have settled into our old families then - bit late now and it may not have worked but ............. it is still a thought.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Please tell me when I have attacked other posters WITHOUT being provoked.
No, SW48 has not taken me into his confidence. He runs the forum the way he wants to run it. I agree with his new rules. Every forum seeks to attract new posters; that is what keeps it interesting. "Newbies" shouldn't be harassed and ran off just for the amusement of the old timers.
"WITHOUT being provoked"...…...that's not very pleasant

Please tell me when I have attacked other posters WITHOUT being provoked.
No, SW48 has not taken me into his confidence. He runs the forum the way he wants to run it. I agree with his new rules. Every forum seeks to attract new posters; that is what keeps it interesting. "Newbies" shouldn't be harassed and ran off just for the amusement of the old timers.
Amnesia is it? Good grief ---- what newbies?

Give us a break -

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
It's funny reading all this. After all these years the pattern is very clear...we only apply to those that choose to be abusive. It's not this censoring heavy hand. Quite the opposite in reality and the record is sound. The mods work well together.
Not perfect, but not like other sites for sure

No baiting:

2. HARASSMENT, BAITING, TAUNTING, FLAMING

*Penalties for harassment, baiting, taunting, flaming will be at the moderator's discretion.

Stalking posters via the forum or PM's is considered harassment.
Baiting posters who have been thread banned or forum banned is not allowed.
Signatures must not be poster quotes of any type
Diploma Dumbos

Bated breath, not "baited." It is a shortened form of abate "reduce, decrease, lessen," related to beat down. Lazy English teachers would rather teach dreary whining literature than grammar, except when they can politicize it unisexually.

Terrible --- just terrible.

I think that we are going to have to find a new home - they obviously don't want many of us here. I may not post much at the mo nor be one of those they dislike most but - I don't feel comfy here any more. You?
Netiquette Nannies

Start singing in the key of PC! Independent thought is verboten!

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
QED

Run off, not "ran off." Unstructured grammar leads to unstructured thought, as you just proved. This is by design; that's why the united ruling class forces us to consider grammatical standards to be "nitpicking."
I stand corrected. Thank you. But, my thoughts are usually pretty structured. :)

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Diploma Dumbos

Bated breath, not "baited." It is a shortened form of abate "reduce, decrease, lessen," related to beat down. Lazy English teachers would rather teach dreary whining literature than grammar, except when they can politicize it unisexually.

Huh?

Baiting.
deliberately annoy or taunt (someone).
"the other boys reveled in baiting him about his love of literature"