• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

the genesis of civilization

Days

Commentator
Sorry kid the magnetic poles move. You are still perfectly wrong. In fact the magnetic poles reverse every so many millions of years. Apparently you do not know the difference between the geographic north pole where Santa lives and the magnetic pole.

Tell us about jehovah now
So, you read that post, which doesn't mention magnetic poles, I haven't mentioned magnetic poles in this entire thread, I don't know what the magnetic pole has to do with anything in this thread, and yet, that's what you came out with... magnetic poles... really?

oh yeah, I'm quite certain everyone has given up on you.

So, let's look back at the only thing you said that made sense:

So, the old Antarctic ice cap was displacing water, but so does the new one, but not near as much as the old one did. Meanwhile the old Arctic ice cap wasn't displacing water, but the new one is. So, the difference between the ice caps displacement of water is what added 350-400 feet to the mean sea level.

Days

Commentator
Pangaea ... all of which was farther south than any present land mass ... broke up 175 million years ago. The current ice age began 2.6 million years ago. Your failure to be reasonable is no one else’s fault.
I'm making perfect sense, and I'm in perfect agreement with what you just posted. You haven't caught up with the latitude change. Try this, close up Canada, Russia and Europe into Pangea... that isn't covering the north pole?

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
So, you read that post, which doesn't mention magnetic poles, I haven't mentioned magnetic poles in this entire thread, I don't know what the magnetic pole has to do with anything in this thread, and yet, that's what you came out with... magnetic poles... really?

oh yeah, I'm quite certain everyone has given up on you.

So, let's look back at the only thing you said that made sense:

So, the old Antarctic ice cap was displacing water, but so does the new one, but not near as much as the old one did. Meanwhile the old Arctic ice cap wasn't displacing water, but the new one is. So, the difference between the ice caps displacement of water is what added 350-400 feet to the mean sea level.
We already know that you do not understand what the magnetic poles are. I said that they fluctuate and they do.

Can you provide a link that says the ice age was ended by a meteor strike?

I mean prove me wrong now

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
I'm making perfect sense, and I'm in perfect agreement with what you just posted. You haven't caught up with the latitude change. Try this, close up Canada, Russia and Europe into Pangea... that isn't covering the north pole?
Continents move an inch or so per year, thus in 12000 years, .189 miles of move happened, or 1000 feet.

Not noticable without mapping tools on an ocean. That said the geographic pole is still where it always was

Do you own a gun?

Is this a test?

Last edited:

Days

Commentator
We already know that you do not understand what the magnetic poles are. I said that they fluctuate and they do.

Can you provide a link that says the ice age was ended by a meteor strike?

I mean prove me wrong now
A) you are confusing me with charcat
B) The magnetic poles are of no importance at all, we are talking about continental drift
C) read the frickin' thread, I told you it is already posted, I even told you what page to start reading on ... page 11.

Days

Commentator
Continents move an inch or so per year, thus in 12000 years, .189 miles of move happened, or 1000 feet.

Not noticable without mapping tools on an ocean. That said the geographic pole is still where it always was

Do you own a gun?

Is this a test?
continental drift from the creation of the earth up till 12,000 years ago...

NOT since 12,000 years ago.

I think the continents are moving something like 6 inches a year, so they separate a total of one foot per year. I might be wrong. I got my math wrong on that a few pages back. I figured they separated about a thousand feet in the past 10,000 years, obviously that should have been ten thousand feet. That's still only two miles.

Days

Commentator
Don't forget to tilt the earth back northward so that Iceland is at the North Pole...
then slowly pull the continents away from each other....
all that water that we now call the Arctic Ocean would have been located south of the Arctic...
the current ice cap formed over that water, so it is displacing water.

The old Antarctic ice cap formed over water and was displacing water, but maybe a 1/4 or 1/3 of it survived and the new ice cap formed over water and land both, so roughly half of the new one in the south is displacing water, and the old one would have been twice as big, maybe 3 times as big.

But now remember, the entire Northern ice cap went into the oceans and the new ice cap in the north is displacing water so it isn't changing anything.

So it comes down to the southern ice cap displacing a third as much as it used to, but the northern ice cap being totally dumped into the oceans, so the net effect is 1/3 of an old ice cap was added to the mean sea level.

Last edited:

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
A) you are confusing me with charcat
B) The magnetic poles are of no importance at all, we are talking about continental drift
C) read the frickin' thread, I told you it is already posted, I even told you what page to start reading on ... page 11.
Continental drift from 12000 years ago to now is less than a quarter of a mile, and since there was no continent at the north pole 12000 years ago, the amount of drift is ZERO, THE SAME AS YOUR IQ

Now tell us about the meteor that caused the great flood by melting the arctic 12000 years ago like you claimed earlier

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
continental drift from the creation of the earth up till 12,000 years ago...

NOT since 12,000 years ago.

I think the continents are moving something like 6 inches a year, so they separate a total of one foot per year. I might be wrong. I got my math wrong on that a few pages back. I figured they separated about a thousand feet in the past 10,000 years, obviously that should have been ten thousand feet. That's still only two miles.
Continental drift is measured at an inch per year, what you think is of no consequence. Now you have jumped back to pangea as though it has something to do with the meteor that you claimed melted the arctic 12000 years ago.

Again do you own a gun

Days

Commentator
Continental drift from 12000 years ago to now is less than a quarter of a mile, and since there was no continent at the north pole 12000 years ago, the amount of drift is ZERO, THE SAME AS YOUR IQ

Now tell us about the meteor that caused the great flood by melting the arctic 12000 years ago like you claimed earlier
stuck on stupid with the continental drift, and can't understand "read page 11"

worst troll ever

Days

Commentator
Continental drift is measured at an inch per year, what you think is of no consequence. Now you have jumped back to pangea as though it has something to do with the meteor that you claimed melted the arctic 12000 years ago.

Again do you own a gun
It makes no difference what the current continental drift is, the whole point was that the northern ice cap formed over land, roughly 3 billion+ years ago.

I notice you never stop calling me stupid while you fumble every single concept you come across. project much?

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
It makes no difference what the current continental drift is, the whole point was that the northern ice cap formed over land, roughly 3 billion+ years ago.

I notice you never stop calling me stupid while you fumble every single concept you come across. project much?
What does 3 billion years ago have to do with the meteor that you claimed melted the arctic and caused a great flood 12000 years ago

Keep tryin

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
you have no intention of stopping this game, do you?

well, I hope you had fun.
I want to know about the meteor that melted the arctic 12000 years ago and caused a great flood as you claimed. I want the world to recognize your great scientific talent, and put your name in for a Nobel prize, of which I am sure you will give me a 10 percent cut

EatTheRich

President

In the Pliocene Epoch, 2.6 million years ago, the continents were very near their present positions and there was no ice cap.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
"In the beginning" of what?

Mankind, in our current image and likeness, has been around for 200,000 years. There was a flood as recently as 9000-12,000 years ago. So there is two civilization periods. The book of Genesis starts at somewhere before the first civilization... in the beginning of that time period.

The earth was empty, as in void, as in no land sticking up out of the water. So God had totally flattened the earth, which means the oceans would have covered it to an average depth of 1 1/2 miles. We are not told why he did that, or what pissed him off that time, or if it was just a big mistake. But we are told that God gathered the land together, populated it, then separated the land into continents, and it is terribly obvious that the continents all fit back together. There's a rock cycle, so don't believe any dates in the billions of years for rocks. Maybe believe that dating for stars, but stars aren't rocks, capice?

So God tells man to go "replenish" the earth.

replenish: fill (something) up again. restore (a stock or supply of something) to the former level or condition.

Be fruitful and multiply. So the whole intent in creating man all over again was to reproduce a working civilization. It's a do-over. When a potter goofs up a vase, he smashes the clay down, adds more water, and starts over.

Something like 30,000 to 40,000 years ago, we had some very high tech civilization going on. Which means it was around for another 15,000 years minimum, to reach that point. I'm inclined to believe that the entire 200,000 years played out in the last two civilizations. IOW, there was no cave man bull shit in the past 200,000 years. Man was created intelligent. And there was mankind before this time, but he may not have been made in God's image and likeness. He may have been a cave man... but I doubt it. Even the animals have intelligence, so why would you expect mankind to be less intelligent than the animals? What would be the point in creating animalistic mankind? Again, don't believe any dates in the millions of years for human skeletons. I only believe mankind predates the book of Genesis because the book of Genesis tells me that he did. There is no way a human skeleton survived whatever catastrophe reduced the earth to a perfect sphere covered with water. For that matter, there is no way any skeleton of any creature survived that, except if they were fossilized by it, which they would have, if it was a sudden inundation.

How were the floods created? The land was flattened. Bring down the mountains, bring up the sea floor, and the oceans will cover everything. The first flood was an absolute leveling. The 2nd flood was a partial leveling. The deep trenches in the ocean floor were raised and then dropped, the mountains may have been lowered somewhat and then raised back up, but the water did not cover everything in Noah's flood, it was a docile enough flood for a wooden boat to survive. It would have, no doubt, melted the ice that had formed in North America into the Great Lakes. And it would have created fossils.

So now you see that there was two floods in the Bible. The first one which finished off all mankind and Noah's flood which did not finish off all mankind. The Bible records there were giants before Noah's flood and that they survived the flood, heck, there was still some smallish giants in the land of Canaan in David's time. In Moses' time there was real giants in the land, maybe 12 feet tall, maybe 20 feet tall, before Noah's flood some were 30 feet tall, even 35 feet tall. Figure that was something like 5000-7000 years after the flood, and likely longer. So, there's little doubt that more than Noah's family survived the flood.

Just as there is little doubt that mankind was already on the earth before God created Adam... heck the lands already had names, and already had people in them, so Adam wasn't even the beginning of the civilization before Noah's flood, he was inserted into it. If you think about it, man was created upon the land in chapter one, then God goes back and creates Adam and Eve in a garden he planted eastward in e-den, so civilization was well under way already.
Good thing for Noah

35 feet tall people huh?

Lay off the ludes

I want to know about the meteor that melted the arctic 12000 years ago and caused a great flood as you claimed. I want the world to recognize your great scientific talent, and put your name in for a Nobel prize, of which I am sure you will give me a 10 percent cut
Actually, some geologists have explored this possibility. It might actually end up describing the events because they are having a very hard time explaining the heat source that melted so much ice in a short period of time. But no one has any real proof, it is simply a conjecture.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
Actually, some geologists have explored this possibility. It might actually end up describing the events because they are having a very hard time explaining the heat source that melted so much ice in a short period of time. But no one has any real proof, it is simply a conjecture.
Nonsense, because melting ice in the sea already has no effect on sea level. Basic physics, the end

What short time, the ice melted over at least a 10,000 year period, and 20,000 years later it's still melting.

PS. Melted ice is not study able anyway

Think before the babble

Last edited:
Nonsense, because melting ice in the sea already has no effect on sea level. Basic physics, the end

What short time, the ice melted over at least a 10,000 year period, and 20,000 years later it's still melting.

PS. Melted ice is not study able anyway

Think before the babble
I know you support the idea that it happened over a long time. It may well have. But it also could have happened quickly. Catastrophes do happen. I am not arguing either way, I am simply saying that it is still a question.