• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

the genesis of civilization

EatTheRich

President
We see all this influence from religious thought and theology; our understanding of what we are reading, stems from our frame of reference in the religious thinking we were raised in. Whether I like it or not, both my parents being raised Roman Catholics is the foundation for my understanding of Genesis, even though they raised me atheist and outside of the Catholic institution, the religious instruction of their youth was still the frame work for my understanding of scripture. Only now that I am on the verge of entering old age - after 35 years of walking with the holy spirit - am I beginning to look at these verses with an open mind.

I wrote 15 years ago that it was a bedtime story, it was a myth, carried by word of mouth, but I think it was much bigger than just a Jewish myth, it was, no doubt, a general myth of mankind, remembering where he came from, adapted to the Jewish origin of their family patriarch Abraham. The first 5 chapters of Genesis reads radically different than the rest of the book, it reads like a totally different book that was penned in the Hebrew as an introduction to where Abraham came from. So the story of Adam seems to be a general myth from the mysts of time, something that was common to mankind, an understanding of how we came to be on this planet, and then it was adapted to produce Abraham. I suspect the story of Adam is so much older than we tend to think, and yet, I think it is a genuine story passed down... not one made up for the sake of later generations. I don't buy into the idea that religion made it up to enslave us into caste systems... although religion definitely does that, I think religion is also an opportunistic scam that uses anything it can get its hands on. I think the bedtime story of Adam was there, floating around forever in the general consciousness of man... and religion plucked it up for an intro to the story of Abraham. That's not to say it isn't an honest approach, whoever the scribes were, seemed to be earnest enough... I think they were faithfully retelling the story. No way to know if the "first epoch" or "first age" ended up reading "the first day"... or when or if a change like that happened, but the kernel of the story seems to be intact.

If we strip away the religious catholic teachings and muse over the myth (the myth is likely so much older than those dogmas, it is like taking a child's interpretation for an ancient writing; there's no reason whatsoever to listen to that; it should hold no authority)... if we just think about what the myth is telling us, you will notice some startling concepts unveiled here. The idea that the waters were above and below the firmament; how in the hell did mankind know about the jet streams?

And there is that old question... which came first; the ground or the life that dies and becomes ground? Genesis tells us that all plant and animal life came from the ground. Where did the dirt come from? You can say that early plant life grew in the volcanic ash, and that gave us dirt which eventually produced "earth" - a ground of dirt. We see that happening today, but not without animals to fertilize it. It's a tougher biologic model than was likely intended by the verses because Genesis starts with the ground and everything comes from it... it isn't so easy... perhaps, this latest epoch of time was the benefactor of earlier epochs - and maybe those started differently? A global flood should deposit some nice soil to work with, the epoch described in early Genesis seemed to be primed to go, everything fell into place with such precision, like it was just itching to happen.

And look at mankind. God creates man the same way he created the animals, and bear in mind, all of this is replenishing the earth, so all of this was here before, anyway, he makes man from the ground, just like the animals. Mankind is naked, just like the animals... there's no thought amongst the animals to make clothing for themselves and the same went for mankind. So mankind is living in the woods, amongst the trees, very much like another ape, and God looks amongst the animals for a mate for Adam. Either God is really stupid, or this man Adam, is not very different from the apes. At any rate, a strand of mankind is reproduced, and the huge deal, the big separator, is the gift of speech.

Then it seems that God and his angels bequeath everything upon this strand of man: clothing, shelter, organization, community, eventually government and industry. I don't think the story was about the great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandparents of Abraham and Sarah, I think the story is about the origin of mankind after a cataclysmic flood. I think it relates to us our early history going back roughly 200,000 years. The Jews, no doubt, seized upon the myth the same way all religions seize upon ancient writings and claim them for their own. But my gut tells me, the pre-(Noah's)-flood story was adapted, or simply recorded for posterity sake, as an introduction to Abraham's story; a way to say how mankind began, then they shoot to Noah's flood and the genealogy of Abraham: and by and large, Genesis is the story of Abraham... and Abraham was the genesis of monotheistic civilization.
Abraham wasn't monotheistic though ... he worshipped Elohim (plural) and he and Sarah took the household gods (idols) from the home of her father.

Days

Commentator
Christians (ethnic Greeks from the Roman Empire) destroyed the bulk of it. Earlier parts had been accidentally damaged in wars. The Arab Muslim invaders destroyed the small remnant that was left.
the loss of that library brought on the dark ages.

Days

Commentator
Abraham wasn't monotheistic though ... he worshipped Elohim (plural) and he and Sarah took the household gods (idols) from the home of her father.
yeah he was another idol worshipper from Ur. I don't think he had any clue what was happening to him. God told him to leave his father and he took his father with him, so there doesn't seem to be that close a relationship, it reads like God started speaking to this guy and this guy had no clue who God was. The high priest of Salem took Abraham aside and taught him who the most high God was... so it seems Abraham still didn't know.

EatTheRich

President
I'm not sure if it is in this thread, but somewhere, I pointed out that the first 5 chapters of Genesis belongs to another time, it isn't a solely Jewish writing, it was penned by the Jews as an introduction to the history, life, and times of Abraham, but it must have existed long before Abraham. I've taken the liberty to compare it with every source of ancient science in which I can find associations for it. We can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth... so when searching for the truth... dig, dig, dig!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generations_of_Adam#Comparisons

EatTheRich

President
Have you noticed the similarities between the names Israel and Azeri (Azerbaijan), and Yahweh and Jove (which was pronounced Yoway)? Also Jupiter (Jew-father). And the flight from Egypt, which has no historical evidence, was probably from the subjugation of a prehistoric Asian group that had conquered the Jews when they lived in the Caucasus.
Israel=Semitic root (Hebrew via Eblaite/Ugaritic) meaning "struggles with El"
Azeri=Indo-European root (Persian via Greek via Persian) ultimately from a name meaning "fire guardian"

Yahweh=Semitic root (Hebrew via Edomite/Midianite) perhaps from a root meaning "He blows"
Jove=Indo-European root (Latin) from "sky," from an earlier word "to shine"
Jupiter=same Indo-European root plus another Latin root "father"
Jew=Semitic root (Hebrew) from a root meaning "praise" ... borrowed into English with alterations via the Semitic language Aramaic and the Indo-European languages Greek, Latin, and French

I would not be surprised to find Yahweh and Jove/Jupiter sharing a very ancient common origin ... the rest sound a lot more likely to have been coincidental products of convergent development ... although on the other hand I can still see how they could share a common source word if we went very, very far back to a very limited number of words that became the source for a ton of words all over.

EatTheRich

President
Now, Graham Hancock is an archaeologist (and a stoner):cool:... he's no climatologist. The
Younger Dryas Cold Event was not caused by "dust in the air". There was no dust in the air for 1300 years, that's just crazy. Let's look at it:

So, what I see here is an epoch warming event immediately met by the North American ice sheet being struck by a fractured meteorite. Big time melting, lots of flooding and what happens when ice melts? It absorbs a lot of heat from the atmosphere; hence the cooling. Then, when the ice is all melted it warms back up and another ice sheet breaks off and melts, more flooding, more cooling, and then it warms up again, and then another. From start to finish, I see 7 major flood events over the course of 5000 years, the final one producing the 8200 year cooling event.

That's going to produce a lot of flood myths, dontchathink?

Noah's flood looks like a local flood to me, but it was part of a global flooding event.

Now, about those pyramids. Those were power plants. You put a power plant in the middle of a city to power the city. The pyramids sent an energy beam straight up the center and bounced it off the atmosphere. The energy beam would then return down in a mushroom like enclosure providing energy for all within. Something as big as the pyramids at Giza might have been powering a very large region, a lot more than just a city. Egypt appears to have been an ancient industrial center (before the flood, when most of Europe would have been covered with a 2 mile thick ice sheet) ... pyramids abounded. One of those pyramids exploded. Another one exploded over in Peru. Ancient industrial accidents... imagine the workman's comp lawsuits! BTW, the above ground pyramids are levitating, there has been zero settling for the Great Pyramid's 6 million tons of stone; remember, the pyramids are resonating underground streams, they are all built over top of underground rivers.

The reason Graham says the most important archaeological site on the planet is the crude pyramid built in Indonesia is because it was started inland in reaction to the first flood. It was built slowly over scores of centuries by a civilization ravaged by the inundation of most of their continent. This was an ancient attempt to move the civilization inland. I'm not sure later generations understood what they were building any more or how to finish it. I agree with Graham, it is very important historical knowledge for us to recover... it's a picture window peering into what happened to pyramid technology after the floods.
What evidence is there for pyramids being power plants?

EatTheRich

President
Now comes the end of human civilization. What does that mean? It means the structure of government and the means by which it rules is ending. Kings rule by fear. Men obey the rule of law for fear of punishment. The law functions only when it is enforced. Lose the fear of enforcement and humans will immediately stop obeying the law and will do whatever they feel like doing. So it is fear of force by the ruler that makes human government work.

In exactly 18 years and 10 1/2 months, all this recent civilization of the past 6000 years is going to come to an end. (Blessed is he that cometh to the 1290th day) In its place, we will see the return of a divine government, the gods will return to rule in our midst and teach us all over again. Only this time, the gods will be resurrected men, so this time will be different.

The stone that is cut out without hands is the same stone in Zechariah that is inscribed by God and has the same seven eyes (beams of light) as the resurrected man standing before the throne with those seven in his hand. So the top stone is by definition a part of the building, a member of the church, but this stone, anointed by God, cut out of the mountain of his holiness, removed from the main church, this stone strikes the whole of civilization and utterly pulverizes it into dust, so that it completely vanishes and is forgotten forever. A whole new way of ruler ship is set up, not by fear and the law, but by love and grace which leads by faith. The same God who was there in the beginning, fluttering over the deep, brooding over the chaos, is there in the end, overcoming our fears, overcoming our confusion, replacing our devotion to greed and slavery with generosity and liberty, washing away the past, teaching us how to go forward.
No God's gonna do that, we have to do it ourselves.

EatTheRich

President
Look at the last great flood event (#8) :

The event happens around 9000 years ago, this is going to be the great flood, even though it doesn't cool the earth as much as event #2, #4, and #5... take into account how long the cooling lasts (820 years) and you realize this is the mother flow of ice, this was the flood that brought the mean sea level up to where it is, this is the flood that retreated the ice age to the poles, this was - no doubt - a global flood of epoch proportions; which still would have been different in size and duration for localities according to topography and currents, but there is little doubt this flood left the oceans chock full of ice. So this was the flood I think was Noah's flood, especially when you consider the remote location of the Ararat Mountains.

2 years ago, I wrote in my word press blog that this flood happened roughly 9000 years ago ... without ever having looked at the ice core findings. Back then, I reverse engineered the civilizations of the earth and traced back the populations of those civilizations, and then allowed time for hunter/gatherers to organize into farming societies and then build kingdoms, and finally those first empires in Mesopotamia and Egypt; I wasn't thinking as much about Asia and India at the time. At any rate, I calculated the flood at roughly 9000 years ago from that and it matched up with the ice cores perfectly. So I feel pretty solid about that time frame.

If you are talking Southeast Asia or India, the first event 11,400 years ago is going to be the big impact. Also Atlantis, and any other civilization that was sitting right at sea level would have slipped under the waves.

But let's also think about the earth prior to this global warming that popped up 12,500 years. You've got tens of thousands of years, maybe hundreds of thousands of years of recorded cold... the ice age was the normal ... this was the earth mankind was planted on in the first chapters of Genesis. Europe was under ice, Africa was a lush tropical climate... that was normal, that the Africa that colonized the planet. Those people had technology, what's more they had the industry to build ocean going vessels and replant their technology around the globe. Hunter/gatherer man, so-called cavemen, came as a result of the floods that destroyed the earlier technology. So Neanderthal man was likely a business man wearing suits, and if you stop and look hard at those types today, they still look pretty Neanderthal.

So, here we go, a quarter million years ago, an intelligent spieces of man was wiped off the surface of the earth, not a single survivor and not a single word why God did it... maybe it was just an act of nature. Then God built back up the land, repopulated it with plants, animals, and man. Neanderthal man... an intelligent civilization that built technology beyond the point we are at today. Then God seeded Cro-magnon man into their midst, and it seems it was Cro-magnon man that was violent and sinful and killed off the more peaceful Neanderthal man. Then the floods came and wiped out most of cro-magnon man, but traces from earlier civilizations survived and slowly rebuilt until we have an earth full of these raving lunatics ready to destroy the whole planet with nuclear bombs and all kinds of warring technology.

That's why Jesus testified of the world, that it is evil. Because we are evil, it is that simple. Take a look around the planet today, what do you see? War, killing, all kinds of evil. Read these politics and what do you read? Hatred, anger, all kinds of violence. What is the "solution" man reaches to solve his problems? Kill off the enemy. And it holds for politics also, you guys don't want to win the argument, you want to kill off the opposing argument. Persuasion be damned, let's just exile the opposition, totally control the dialogue, win by force. The bible calls that the warring in our members. We are a violent race of mankind. I don't think we are intended as the end product. I hope there is better things coming. My guess is there will be another do-over with mankind. But not before Jesus returns to rule in the midst of this current evil crop of humans... I wonder why he wants to do that?
Their ocean-going vessels were wood-and-vine rafts for use near shore.

EatTheRich

President
Look at the last great flood event (#8) :

The event happens around 9000 years ago, this is going to be the great flood, even though it doesn't cool the earth as much as event #2, #4, and #5... take into account how long the cooling lasts (820 years) and you realize this is the mother flow of ice, this was the flood that brought the mean sea level up to where it is, this is the flood that retreated the ice age to the poles, this was - no doubt - a global flood of epoch proportions; which still would have been different in size and duration for localities according to topography and currents, but there is little doubt this flood left the oceans chock full of ice. So this was the flood I think was Noah's flood, especially when you consider the remote location of the Ararat Mountains.

2 years ago, I wrote in my word press blog that this flood happened roughly 9000 years ago ... without ever having looked at the ice core findings. Back then, I reverse engineered the civilizations of the earth and traced back the populations of those civilizations, and then allowed time for hunter/gatherers to organize into farming societies and then build kingdoms, and finally those first empires in Mesopotamia and Egypt; I wasn't thinking as much about Asia and India at the time. At any rate, I calculated the flood at roughly 9000 years ago from that and it matched up with the ice cores perfectly. So I feel pretty solid about that time frame.

If you are talking Southeast Asia or India, the first event 11,400 years ago is going to be the big impact. Also Atlantis, and any other civilization that was sitting right at sea level would have slipped under the waves.

But let's also think about the earth prior to this global warming that popped up 12,500 years. You've got tens of thousands of years, maybe hundreds of thousands of years of recorded cold... the ice age was the normal ... this was the earth mankind was planted on in the first chapters of Genesis. Europe was under ice, Africa was a lush tropical climate... that was normal, that the Africa that colonized the planet. Those people had technology, what's more they had the industry to build ocean going vessels and replant their technology around the globe. Hunter/gatherer man, so-called cavemen, came as a result of the floods that destroyed the earlier technology. So Neanderthal man was likely a business man wearing suits, and if you stop and look hard at those types today, they still look pretty Neanderthal.

So, here we go, a quarter million years ago, an intelligent spieces of man was wiped off the surface of the earth, not a single survivor and not a single word why God did it... maybe it was just an act of nature. Then God built back up the land, repopulated it with plants, animals, and man. Neanderthal man... an intelligent civilization that built technology beyond the point we are at today. Then God seeded Cro-magnon man into their midst, and it seems it was Cro-magnon man that was violent and sinful and killed off the more peaceful Neanderthal man. Then the floods came and wiped out most of cro-magnon man, but traces from earlier civilizations survived and slowly rebuilt until we have an earth full of these raving lunatics ready to destroy the whole planet with nuclear bombs and all kinds of warring technology.

That's why Jesus testified of the world, that it is evil. Because we are evil, it is that simple. Take a look around the planet today, what do you see? War, killing, all kinds of evil. Read these politics and what do you read? Hatred, anger, all kinds of violence. What is the "solution" man reaches to solve his problems? Kill off the enemy. And it holds for politics also, you guys don't want to win the argument, you want to kill off the opposing argument. Persuasion be damned, let's just exile the opposition, totally control the dialogue, win by force. The bible calls that the warring in our members. We are a violent race of mankind. I don't think we are intended as the end product. I hope there is better things coming. My guess is there will be another do-over with mankind. But not before Jesus returns to rule in the midst of this current evil crop of humans... I wonder why he wants to do that?
Hunter-gatherers came first. Our nearest living relatives, chimpanzees, are hunter-gatherers.

EatTheRich

President
from a video posted today...

Yves Cloutier5 hours ago
I'm not arguing the possibility of ancient (and possibly current) civilizations living in the underground. But if they migrated there due to flooding, wouldn't these underground caves and living areas get flooded? Water flows downward.

Damian Crudele16 minutes ago (edited)
Would if people lived on the coasts and those low lying cities were flooded? Masses of people moving inland might seek shelter in giant cave structures until they could reappear and rebuild their civilizations. Hence, the myth afterward that their civilization was began by people who emerged from the caverns and caves of the earth. No need to look for these people, the people of the dragon living there today are descendants from the cave dwellers who lived with dragons for a short while. Mean sea level rose 400 feet, look at these caves, the mean sea level never dropped again, the ice age never reformed (yet) - so if these caves aren't flooded today, they weren't flooded back then either.

Most prehistoric people weren't cave dwellers. but we know more about the ones who were because caves are good places to preserve fossils. There are people who live in caves even today.

EatTheRich

President
why would skyscrapers be a benchmark for intelligence? skyscrapers are easy to build; advanced tinker toys, all you need is the technology to pour steel and extrude it.
It's an example of something our civilization can construct based on the technological capacity that we have slowly amassed that was not within the reach of ancient people who had not yet built the same technological capacity. That you think of it as primitive speaks even more poorly of their technological level.

EatTheRich

President
okay, but my point was that those that were committed to writing would have been lost to the elements over time... except if they had been chiseled into stone. However, the lack of writing on the pyramids doesn't prove there was no writing at the time of their construction, it just proves that writing was not employed on the stone work.
There seems to be some archeological evidence of writing in ancient Bulgaria or Serbia that predates writing from Sumeria by a few hundred years. There could be undiscovered writing by other civilizations that have been wiped out but the tremendous technological advantage that writing provides implies that they likely don't go back that far ... Greece is the only place I know of where the idea of writing has been (temporarily) lost altogether ... meanwhile there are continuous archeological records of civilization all over. I understand that we have only started to explore the seas, but it appears that the only heavily populated area to have been swamped by sea level rise were the North Sea (but there was no sign of writing in culturally similar Britain and Scandinavia till much later) and the Indonesian Seaway (likewise no writing nearby, also much more sparsely populated).

EatTheRich

President
not really, it just faces us. by definition that means the moon is spinning once in reverse for every revolution it makes... in reality, the moon is static and as a heavier gravity on one side, so that side constantly faces us.
A heavier gravity? What does that mean ... more weight? First off, the moon is spheroid and homogeneous ... so the mass is distributed evenly on all sides ... second, if it were static it wouldn't go through phases ... third, if I understand what "heavier gravity on one side" means, that would disrupt the equilibrium between the Earth's pull and the moon's linear momentum. Fourth of all, there's video of it spinning.

EatTheRich

President
the loss of that library brought on the dark ages.
It was a tragedy of historic proportions ... and Rome falling was a bigger tragedy in the immediate sense for those whose ways of life were destroyed ... but at the same time Rome had to fall to make way for progress. Even in the European Dark Ages and even with the destruction of the library, people were making technological progress. Wheelbarrows, windmills, stirrups, and all kinds of useful things were created during the Dark Ages in Europe (they already had wheelbarrows in China, but not in Europe, and the European ones worked better). Plus land and feudal tenure replaced slavery as the main basis of political power. Which in turn paved the way for capitalism. And the proliferation of rivals to the emperor, including the pope, created conflicts that could be taken advantage of to emancipate the lower classes.

EatTheRich

President
yeah he was another idol worshipper from Ur. I don't think he had any clue what was happening to him. God told him to leave his father and he took his father with him, so there doesn't seem to be that close a relationship, it reads like God started speaking to this guy and this guy had no clue who God was. The high priest of Salem took Abraham aside and taught him who the most high God was... so it seems Abraham still didn't know.
Here's where there is a verified etymological connection I think is interesting:

Malki Tzedek high priest of (Jeru)Salem
Zadok temple priest under David who sided with Solomon in his war with Adonijah
Sadducees fundamentalist/aristocratic party that dominated the Sanhedrin in Jesus's time.
Zedek the Jebusite deity worshipped in Jerusalem before it became an Israelite city ... aka the El Elyon of Abraham perhaps?
Sydyk the Phoenician name for this deity, widely worshipped in the ancient Fertile Crescent

@Days I disagree with much of what you say in this thread and I am frankly an unbeliever in the supernatural but I am also a student of scripture and I do think you're on the right track with a lot of what you've put together here. Have you looked at the traditions of the Samaritans? That's another piece of the puzzle? What about the Documentary hypothesis of the Torah?

Days

Commentator
It's an example of something our civilization can construct based on the technological capacity that we have slowly amassed that was not within the reach of ancient people who had not yet built the same technological capacity. That you think of it as primitive speaks even more poorly of their technological level.
you missed my point. Skyscrapers are easy once you have the technology to pour and extrude steel. I'm not calling them primitive. It takes an advanced civilization to acquire global standards for the structural members of steel. All I'm saying is, once you get there, skyscraper design is not hard; it is way tougher to build a pyramid.

Days

Commentator
Here's where there is a verified etymological connection I think is interesting:

Malki Tzedek high priest of (Jeru)Salem
Zadok temple priest under David who sided with Solomon in his war with Adonijah
Sadducees fundamentalist/aristocratic party that dominated the Sanhedrin in Jesus's time.
Zedek the Jebusite deity worshipped in Jerusalem before it became an Israelite city ... aka the El Elyon of Abraham perhaps?
Sydyk the Phoenician name for this deity, widely worshipped in the ancient Fertile Crescent

@Days I disagree with much of what you say in this thread and I am frankly an unbeliever in the supernatural but I am also a student of scripture and I do think you're on the right track with a lot of what you've put together here. Have you looked at the traditions of the Samaritans? That's another piece of the puzzle? What about the Documentary hypothesis of the Torah?
tell you the truth, I was never a teacher, I was a preacher; I'm not well studied, I don't possess the degree and even the little bit of study I was doing on my own, the holy spirit told me to stop. I believe in study, but we all have our calling, and mine was to preach the word, to reach out to people... and there's a gift that goes with that, an anointing of the instant speaking for carrying on conversation, most of the people I brushed up against in the real world would tell me that I am an angel, quite a few of them were sure of it, what they were experiencing was the anointing resting on me, the gift of evangelism, one of the gifts of the holy spirit, it really is no different than speaking with an angel, the holy spirit is an angel; it is a messenger of God, that's what was whispering in Abraham's ear.

Christians tend to be a dichotomy between a lack of formal learning, but we have the experience necessary to understand the resources. A Christian won't grasp the difference between titles and actual names (in the old testament, those are mostly titles; even the names of God are all titles) ... to a Christian, the order of Milkisadek would just be Paul's fancy way of saying we need to know God personally; most Christians would be completely unaware that there was an actual order - priesthood - that existed there.

I was a wild man, a John the Baptist, I was wet with preaching, in the midst of so many people, and still am, I was the antithesis of a scholar; I have a handful of reference books; enough to get at word meanings, and even there, God told me to stop it, he didn't want me to approach the scriptures that way, my calling was outside in the street, return to the common vernacular and read the scriptures in that mindset (and just as I was reading and writing Greek). So, if you look at the books in our apartment - too many damn books - you notice my little library of reference material has broken backs from all the travel, but clean pages, while all the Bibles are worn out from use. We read the scriptures out loud daily, there's something about the human voice...

so when a close family friend and my wife asked me to write a paper on the difference between the gifts of the holy spirit and the fruit of the holy spirit... I really had no background to fall back on; I tried to do it the same way I preach, I prayed for the instant speaking of the spirit and when it came, typed my two fingers off trying to keep up. I was so relieved when the holy spirit said I was done. Then the holy spirit tells me I have to write another one, this time on revelation of St John. I'm like, "really?" cuz I'm not a teacher, I'm not big time studied, I have a big curiosity, I stick my nose everywhere, but the revelation of Jesus Christ encompasses all the prophets, it's not for beginners. You can imagine my exasperation. What I did the 2nd time, was try to give the vision a framework, so Christians could see what was going on there.

In these ramblings in BFD, I try to give human history a framework, so we all can see what has been happening on this planet. The scriptures are part of that. I have delved into antedeluvian civilization, which was quite advanced, way beyond what we have today, and then peered into the reset civilization went through after whatever cataclysms befell that advanced civilization. Flood myths abound, so it is generally accepted there was flooding; the seas rose 400 feet, so that should have spelled disaster for all the coastline cities on the planet... 400 feet, even if it came in increments, just think what that would do to human civilization.

Days

Commentator
A heavier gravity? What does that mean ... more weight? First off, the moon is spheroid and homogeneous ... so the mass is distributed evenly on all sides ... second, if it were static it wouldn't go through phases ... third, if I understand what "heavier gravity on one side" means, that would disrupt the equilibrium between the Earth's pull and the moon's linear momentum. Fourth of all, there's video of it spinning.
it probably means iron deposits on the side facing us. think of it this way, if there was an attraction to the earth's gravity - stronger in one spot of the moon - what would stop the moon from constantly turning to face the earth? that's not the same as spinning. the moon does not have a rotation - that's what I meant by it is static - what it has is a stronger attraction to the earth's gravity in one area... and because it has no rotation, it just constantly turns to face the earth.

that's going to look the same as one spin in reverse to the orbit around the earth, but it is a completely different animal. I could be wrong. I was wrong once, can't remember when that was, I think it was 20 years ago... no, wait, I was right that time too.