• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

the genesis of civilization

Days

Commentator
There seems to be some archeological evidence of writing in ancient Bulgaria or Serbia that predates writing from Sumeria by a few hundred years. There could be undiscovered writing by other civilizations that have been wiped out but the tremendous technological advantage that writing provides implies that they likely don't go back that far ... Greece is the only place I know of where the idea of writing has been (temporarily) lost altogether ... meanwhile there are continuous archeological records of civilization all over. I understand that we have only started to explore the seas, but it appears that the only heavily populated area to have been swamped by sea level rise were the North Sea (but there was no sign of writing in culturally similar Britain and Scandinavia till much later) and the Indonesian Seaway (likewise no writing nearby, also much more sparsely populated).
writing is perishable. stonework stands up to time a lot longer. you've got similar carvings in the stonework at Gobekli Tepe as those found in central and south america, those are 12,000 years old, and were, no doubt, those were glyphs; part of a language. But when you don't have the language, once it is lost, it is awful hard to recover. What we do have is all the languages of the past 6000 years, and what we are learning is that the languages we do have are handed down from former languages; in other words, the stream of language never stops, it has been flowing forever, but it keeps changing.

Last edited:

Days

Commentator
I tend to think Genesis stole from existing texts, it is a patchwork quilt of ancient texts; I think this was as simple as Moses asking his scribes to put together a history for the people.

When it comes to ancient geneologies; those tend to be kings lists or at least lines of nobility. The thing about those lists: they are ordering the most important characters in order to chronicle an age... they are not attempting to be detailed descriptions of those times; this was where Luke erred when he thought he understood such matters. One person might have begotten another - after 20 generations, or hell, 200 generations - those lists can skip down time in dramatic fashion. Only an ignoramus would scream that the earth is only 6000 years old, cuz "the Bible tells me so" ... the Bible is a compilation of writings, not a single authorship, and no intelligent analysis of those writings would render the earth to be 6000 years old... in the words of Schadenfreude, that's just stupid.

also, you know that Sumerian king lists can give ridiculously long reigns to a few of those kings... why couldn't that be how long the king's dominion lasted? It doesn't have to mean the human being lived 25,000 years, it could simply mean his kingdom lasted 25,000 years.

Last edited:
You don't think Muslims worship the God of Abraham? Because they do. Or you don't think there was a real covenant between God and Muslims? Because none of them were real.
You can delude your atheist heart all you want but Muslims don't have the same Abrahamic God as the Jews and the Christians share.

Days

Commentator
You can delude your atheist heart all you want but Muslims don't have the same Abrahamic God as the Jews and the Christians share.
The Jews are the offspring of Isaac. Arabs are the offspring of Ishmael. God made both into 12 nations. God promised both a covenant. These covenants are for their flesh; they are covenants of laws to live by. The same laws are placed into the heart of a Christian.

yeah, it's all from the same God. Jesus was a Jew, his ministry was for the Jews, but he said he had another flock to gather; the house of Ishmael is the only other offspring of Abraham out there. Jesus spoke Aramaic as his first tongue... he knew all about the flock of Ishmael.

Scripture describes the house of Ishmael as a wild man, whose hand is against every man's hand. God promises him a covenant of peace. (Ezekiel 34:25) Islam is the same word as Salem, it means peace. Islam was not meant for the gentiles, it is not a replacement for Christ, it is a covenant with the household of Ishmael.

EatTheRich

President
you missed my point. Skyscrapers are easy once you have the technology to pour and extrude steel. I'm not calling them primitive. It takes an advanced civilization to acquire global standards for the structural members of steel. All I'm saying is, once you get there, skyscraper design is not hard; it is way tougher to build a pyramid.
No it isn't. Pyramids were built using stone age technology ... long before steel was invented.

Days

Commentator
No it isn't. Pyramids were built using stone age technology ... long before steel was invented.
Stone Age technology was far advanced to modern skyscrapers.... the real "stone age" was something like 100,000 years ago to 15,000 years ago. they had everything we have and lots more.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
Malki Tzedek high priest of (Jeru)Salem
Zadok temple priest under David who sided with Solomon in his war with Adonijah
Sadducees fundamentalist/aristocratic party that dominated the Sanhedrin in Jesus's time.
Zedek the Jebusite deity worshipped in Jerusalem before it became an Israelite city ... aka the El Elyon of Abraham perhaps?
Sydyk the Phoenician name for this deity, widely worshipped in the ancient Fertile Crescent
Even better on Sadducees ... It's derived from Tzaddukim, closer to Tzedek & Tzadok. From the Hebrew for "righteous."
Nice little post, ETR; people miss those sorts of significant connections thanks to translations and transliterations.

What about the Documentary hypothesis
Still a useful hypothesis for scholars to work with, but shown repeatedly and from all quarters to be full of holes.

Days

Commentator
Even better on Sadducees ... It's derived from Tzaddukim, closer to Tzedek & Tzadok. From the Hebrew for "righteous."
Nice little post, ETR; people miss those sorts of significant connections thanks to translations and transliterations.

Still a useful hypothesis for scholars to work with, but shown repeatedly and from all quarters to be full of holes.
The world we received is handed down from former ages, and that world was handed down to them from former ages... mankind has lived here on earth for millions of years.

The writings of Moses' scribes seem to be extremely brief summaries of previous writings. Genesis first ten chapters read like a quick recap of how we got here... real quick. Entire works are summarized into half a sentence. The entire universe is tossed in at the last moment, almost left out those stars.. "the stars also" how brief can you get?

It behooves us to dig deeper... and study those works from which the scribes were summarizing the former ages.

Sumerian Artifacts That Indicate Ancient Stargate Technology is Real

we are the manifestation of God, all life is. It's the coolest of all phenomenoms; LIFE.

God = alive
Couch Potatoes Get Their Brains Peeled

In Greek, the word for God comes from the same word that theater comes from. The Hebrew Yahweh is the same as the Roman Jove and the Greek Io. It means, "Go, get away" and signifies a prehistoric invader, an ancestor of Genghis Khan who ran the Jews and pre-Europeans out of the Caucasus Mountains.

Last edited:

Jen

Senator
The world we received is handed down from former ages, and that world was handed down to them from former ages... mankind has lived here on earth for millions of years.

The writings of Moses' scribes seem to be extremely brief summaries of previous writings. Genesis first ten chapters read like a quick recap of how we got here... real quick. Entire works are summarized into half a sentence. The entire universe is tossed in at the last moment, almost left out those stars.. "the stars also" how brief can you get?

It behooves us to dig deeper... and study those works from which the scribes were summarizing the former ages.

Sumerian Artifacts That Indicate Ancient Stargate Technology is Real
As I have said many times: The Wheel of Time turns, ages come and go. Legend turns to myth and then it's forgotten until the wheel turns and the same legends and myths become real stories again only to repeat the cycle. I don't doubt it. What I don't know, though, is the real purpose behind it.

The wheel of time turning philosophy, though, might point to fewer souls/ spirits than we once thought. It is quite possible that the number of Souls is limited and these Souls find pleasure in living part of their infinite existence in a solid, time-bound state. They deprive themselves of a memory to make the experience fresh, but some shred of that memory remains allowing a civilization that's gone to ashes the chance to grow again.

I"m not saying that this is my theory................but it is "a" theory.

Days

Commentator
Couch Potatoes Get Their Brains Peeled

In Greek, the word for God comes from the same word that theater comes from. The Hebrew Yahweh is the same as the Roman Jove and the Greek Io. It means, "Go, get away" and signifies a prehistoric invader, an ancestor of Genghis Khan, who ran the Jews and pre-Europeans out of the Caucasus Mountains.
I think you are mixing up a transliteration of Hebrew into Greek with an actual Greek word. But that is quite the remarkable coincidence - because God invades our natural lives and our natural man is put to death by that invasion. The flesh sees God as death; because that's all it is to the flesh. God has a plan for your life; the cross. The end of you and the beginning of something greater.

Last edited:

Days

Commentator
As I have said many times: The Wheel of Time turns, ages come and go. Legend turns to myth and then it's forgotten until the wheel turns and the same legends and myths become real stories again only to repeat the cycle. I don't doubt it. What I don't know, though, is the real purpose behind it.

The wheel of time turning philosophy, though, might point to fewer souls/ spirits than we once thought. It is quite possible that the number of Souls is limited and these Souls find pleasure in living part of their infinite existence in a solid, time-bound state. They deprive themselves of a memory to make the experience fresh, but some shred of that memory remains allowing a civilization that's gone to ashes the chance to grow again.

God calls all the angels by name; hence, there is a finite number of them. God also resends the same spirits back to bring forth new life; so we do repeat the same sagas over and over, we keep reliving the past... we are made from those spirits.

I have a hunch that the angels are the spirits that become men; have already been countless men; the spirits of life that create men; not at all apart from mankind standing over us in heaven, but very much who and what we are.

"We are not humans having a spiritual experience... we are spirits having a human experience"

Jen

Senator
God calls all the angels by name; hence, there is a finite number of them. God also resends the same spirits back to bring forth new life; so we do repeat the same sagas over and over, we keep reliving the past... we are made from those spirits.

I have a hunch that the angels are the spirits that become men; have already been countless men; the spirits of life that create men; not at all apart from mankind standing over us in heaven, but very much who and what we are.

"We are not humans having a spiritual experience... we are spirits having a human experience"
That said, and I have asked this question before and will no doubt ask it again: is it possible that some people do not have spirits?

I am watching/ listening to the material you provided in the OP now.

Days

Commentator
That said, and I have asked this question before and will no doubt ask it again: is it possible that some people do not have spirits?

I am watching/ listening to the material you provided in the OP now.
What you just asked - kind of like asking - are some humans not human? * or * are some spirits not spirits?

I toss out this terminology "the Spirit of life" to gain an understanding of how life is created. But the Sirit is life, not just the giver of life, but life itself.

So we are a part of God, we are spirits, all part of the Great Spirit. Everything that happens down here is a manifestation of God; I guess right now he is in ugly mode, but every human is a part of what he is doing.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Senator
What you just asked - kind of like asking - are some humans not human? * or * are some spirits not spirits?

I toss out this terminology "the Spirit of life" to gain an understanding of how life is created. But the Sirit is life, not just the giver of life, but life itself.

So we are a part of God, we are spirits, all part of the Great Spirit. Everything that happens down here is a manifestation of God; I guess right now he is in ugly mode, but every human is a part of what he is doing.
That makes sense.
But some people don't recognize that they are a spirit living a human experience. They don't have that spark of memory of who/ what they really are. I have always wondered and till wonder why some have the base memory of being a spirit and others just don't possess it at all.

Jen

Senator
The Jews are the offspring of Isaac. Arabs are the offspring of Ishmael. God made both into 12 nations. God promised both a covenant. These covenants are for their flesh; they are covenants of laws to live by. The same laws are placed into the heart of a Christian.

yeah, it's all from the same God. Jesus was a Jew, his ministry was for the Jews, but he said he had another flock to gather; the house of Ishmael is the only other offspring of Abraham out there. Jesus spoke Aramaic as his first tongue... he knew all about the flock of Ishmael.

Scripture describes the house of Ishmael as a wild man, whose hand is against every man's hand. God promises him a covenant of peace. (Ezekiel 34:25) Islam is the same word as Salem, it means peace. Islam was not meant for the gentiles, it is not a replacement for Christ, it is a covenant with the household of Ishmael.
The house of Ishmael never received a Savior. They live by the old covenant.......that love has no part in..... only the letter of the law.

Why didn't they get a Savior?

Days

Commentator
That makes sense.
But some people don't recognize that they are a spirit living a human experience. They don't have that spark of memory of who/ what they really are. I have always wondered and till wonder why some have the base memory of being a spirit and others just don't possess it at all.
The house of Ishmael never received a Savior. They live by the old covenant.......that love has no part in..... only the letter of the law.

Why didn't they get a Savior?
I'm rushing this to pick up my son from the train station, but there seems to be this divide; a crossing over of sight... we call it prophecy, but the old testament called them "seers" before labeling them prophets. Even the guy in the video who does a good job of discovering the gateway to heaven in ancient religions doesn't seem to understand that it is a spiritual gateway, if you don't see the Spirit, you look for technology. Technology comes from man. The gods came from heaven and are trying to lead us back to heaven. gods = spirits.

there is a discipline, you should know it from music, of following the spirit. disciples of Christ walk the path, we wait on the Lord. My wife gets in a huff about knowing the son of God, receiving Jesus, not just viewing him as a prophet, as those in Islam do, but they follow the discipline of their faith, and there is a salvation in that discipline.

see the spirit. the kingdom of God is inside us. most can't see it, but many still follow it. You don't enter the kingdom of God by believing some teaching or doctrine; salvation s not an indoctrination, you enter the Spirit by crossing over into his realm, call it an obedience of soul, call it believing, call it following... humans do it without even knowing they are doing it.

gotta run...

Harbingers of the Dead of Winter

Einstein's making time a dimension and implying that different timelines exist simultaneously was an example of myth-making nonsense. Nutcase Nietzsche had also used this with his "eternal return" idiocy. Both foreshadowed the 20th Century's authoritarian irrationalism.

I think you are mixing up a transliteration of Hebrew into Greek with an actual Greek word. But that is quite the remarkable coincidence - because God invades our natural lives and our natural man is put to death by that invasion.
Echoes of a Prehistoric Horror

The bloodthirsty beasts from Central and North Asia must have appeared to be supernatural to their victims, even sent by God to punish them for their sins.