• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The Government, the Market, Charity and the Social Safety

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Au contraire, I don't agree with degsme on everything. So I certainly don't have "blind faith."

The big difference between you and degsme is that he doesn't claim to know everything but is more willing to back his arguments up with facts rather than with "intution" (which you have told me several times is what you do.) I go on intutition a lot myself but I have no illusions that my "intuition" is invaribly correct.

I stick to the simple and straightforward (this isn't rocket science). Yet you would rather place your blind faith in Degsme's "sophisticated" decorrelation studies adjusting for this, that and the other thing as "proof" (PROOF) that progressive economics works (despite all its real world examples of failures).

Lukey

Senator
Au contraire, I don't agree with degsme on everything. So I certainly don't have "blind faith."

The big difference between you and degsme is that he doesn't claim to know everything but is more willing to back his arguments up with facts rather than with "intution" (which you have told me several times is what you do.) I go on intutition a lot myself but I have no illusions that my "intuition" is invaribly correct.
Well I guess it's just that I've so often been proven to be correct. My "intuition" is backed up by age, intelligence and superior math skills, so it usually works.

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Well, I think that degs and I might well say the same thing. So it is a standoff. It is up to the audience to decide.

Well I guess it's just that I've so often been proven to be correct. My "intuition" is backed up by age, intelligence and superior math skills, so it usually works.

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Nope. A chance to earn a reputation as a thoughtful poster and serious voter is about all I can offer.

(Gabe, if you could focus and channel your obvious energy, you might surprise yourself.)

will you be offering doctorates to those who have the knowledge, time and energy to answer?