• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The House of Horrors case in Cleveland: ( Opinion )

• Thread starter Union_Jack_1972
  • Start date
U

Union_Jack_1972

So far what we know is A. Castro is the lone kidnapper according to the police department in Cleveland, but I have a problem with the local police:

1. Those girls went missing from the same road in consecutive years, and no one at the local district police department put that together???

2. When Amanda Berry called 911 the dispatcher unwillingness to stay on the phone with her until car came was troubling...

3. The quickness for the police to declare all three missing girls as run aways while not taking in to factor that Gina Dejesus is mentally slow also made me question the police and the neglect they showed in this case...

My opinion:

I believe the Cleveland police deaprtment should review this case and realize because of their failures those girls suffered...

Three girls go missing in consecutive years and it should have rang some alarms, but instead all three were treated as run away cases...

I believe because of the neighborhood and the social status of the girls was more of the reason why the Police Departmen just turn them in to run aways and not missing person that might have been abducted...

I believe had those three girls gone missing in a wealthier or dare I say white middle class neighborhood the police would have looked at their cases as being a serial case and not just individual run away cases...

I am going on the record that because of race, social class, and the neighborhood is the reason why the Police did so little to find these girls all these years...

I am sure some will disagree with me but I am standing with my comments and I believe the Cleveland Police Department should apologize to those girls and this case should be taught to future officers not to assume that because a girl is missing that they ran away and no matter what walk of life they come from they're someone child and they should be treated as they could be our own kid when searching for them...

I know I am a idealist and in the real world the lesson will be lost, and Cleveland Police will not learn from this...

Also the true hero in all this is Amanda Berry, and thank God she is now free to start a life without wondering if Castro will be the last face she sees...

God bless those Girls and my prayers to them...

Dino

Russian Asset
Shitty neighbors, shitty police work. That's how stories like this become publicized. Rare, but unfortuanately not rare enough.

lilly

Council Member
Is A. Castro the only one of the three brothers said to be the kidnapper now? How did they decide that so quickly?

I have a problem with the police as well.

lilly

Council Member
Is A. Castro the only one of the three brothers said to be the kidnapper now? How did they decide that so quickly?

I have a problem with the police as well.
You are correct, they are saying it's the one brother only? Sorry.

lilly

Council Member
Still thinking three brothers, three girls but maybe/pretty sure they were all involved in it but only one did the actual kidnapping????

I'll have to catch up on this.

U

Union_Jack_1972

To my understanding from the interview on CNN it was the only brother...

The other two are being held for outstanding warrants for other crimes from what I got from the interview on CNN...

So it look like A. Castro might be the lone Norman Bates in all of this...

U

Union_Jack_1972

I agree on the neighbors part, and the neighborhood is the perfect breeding ground for crime...

With that said the police should have realized and connected the three girls together and that failure falls on them...

Amanda Berry is the true hero, and the neighbors that helped should get a nod but it was her that saved those girls...

I wish those cases never happen, but there are too many sick people in this world...

lilly

Council Member
I just caught up with it all and you are right, the women said he was the only one that lived there and was the only one involved.

Yes, why didn't they connect them living so close together, they thought the older one ran away on her own and left is at that. Lots of sloppy police work will come out as the days continue and at the trial, I bet.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Agree completely but this seems to be pretty typical. The last case in which a young woman was finally rescued after a bunch of years the same thing happened. Cops made numerous visits to the residence, due to complaints, but failed to go into the house or the backyard. The girl had two daughters, fathered by the pervert.

I think most cops are just lazy pieces of shit.

lilly

Council Member
John Walsh was on last night, I don't know if any of you saw it. He said that he was so upset with the police a few years back because they were not paying attention to the two disappearances at that time being so close together that he agreed to go on Larry King to voice his anger. They showed the video.

Minotaur

Governor
The kidnapping and the rapes likely did not involve the brothers as the police based charges on what the 3 women told them and had they been involved with either crime there is no way they would have been released. The only question for them may be whether either brother spotted one or all the girls and did not called police perhaps. Police can put off filing those kinds of secondary charges until they have airtight proof. It would not surprise me if they filed lesser charges or no charges were filed against them depending on whether they even knew.

But really, who knows anything other than that they likely did not kidnap or rape the victims or they'd still be locked up.

Minotaur

Governor
That is the usual anyway. The sick freaks hide their sickness from families and usually they are lone predators.

NightSwimmer

Senator
Police officers in real life aren't the super-heroes that are typically depicted on the numerous, scripted television shows and movies. They're just ordinary people with ordinary motivations and prejudices.

That's why the founders of our nation were so careful to place strict limits upon police power. Unfortunately, fear leads people, over time, to demand expanded police powers in order to provide them with a false sense of security, and that's how a free society eventually evolves into a police state.

Be careful what you ask for -- you just may get it.

U

Union_Jack_1972

I saw him with Wolf on CNN, and I agree with him...

U

Union_Jack_1972

Ummm, just doing there job would have been nice and thank you excusing their lack of using their brains to figure out what Walsh knew!!!

Three Girls go missing down the same street in consecutive years, and yet no one in that district could figure out it was serial???

Also what abuses of powers am I advocating for???

Can you list each abuse of powers I am wanting to grant to the police, or is that you again jumping off track to something else???

If it is the nail to the cross comment that is after he is convicted by a jury, or should we release him because hey those were girls from a poor neighborhood and one for sure is Hispanic with mental problems, so why care???

I have no delusion of how the Police work seeing my Uncles were cops in Chicago, and New Orleans, and they were corrupt, so I do not live in a La-La land like you kindly try to claim...

The reality is the local police did not do there job and you can not and will not convince me they did!!!

Are you upset that is me that is the first one on this board to call in to question police lack of investigation in to the girls disapperance, and the fact they most likely dismissed them as run aways because of their race, social status, and the neighborhood they live in???

So yes I will stand by my comments and opinion and you have a problem with it and feel I am wronging those cops then that is your opinion, alright or will you tell me how my opinion does not matter unlike yours???

Mytzlplk

Governor
it's my understanding that the police pursued every tip in the case, so I'm guessing this BS will go by the wayside much Like Dr. Jack's Stockholm Syndrone BS has.

The FBI's task force and the Cleveland police "have pursued every tip," he says. "The families of these three young ladies never gave up hope, and neither did law enforcement," he says.

Anthony says "you can only imagine the many emotions" in the air. "Yes, law enforcement officers do cry," he says.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/07/cleveland-missing-women-press-conference

There's little doubt in my mind that had this Sherlock Holmes been on the case they would have all been free long ago.

U

Union_Jack_1972

Of course they did and tell me where did I advocate expansion of police powers for my safety or others safety in this thread???

Care to comment and defend your Pal nonsense???

No, then I guess you're full of shit just like your Pal!!!

The Cleveland Police failed but had I said they did a great job you and your Pal would have said no and pointed out their damn failures!!!

Love the fact you came to you Pal defense, and how you do that a lot!!!

Also I know your opinion is golden while everyone else is worthless!!!

So come on punk and explain how three girls going missing on the same street three years straight was not noticed to be a serial kidnapper, and how the Police did not fail???

I guess if they were Black, from Chicago, and Obama said something you would then see the damn failure!!!

Oh wait you know everything even though you're biggest clueless [Unwelcome language removed] on Earth!!!

Also had you been on tthe case you most likely joined in on the rape and kept silent of the kidnapping!!!

Look up Walsh comments or will you slink away while defending your pals!!!

Mytzlplk

Governor
nice meltdown

heal thyself Dr. Jack

meanwhile everything I posted remains unaddressed and unrebutted, eh cop hater?

your baseless and generally fact-free "opinions" rarely qualify as such, at least of the "informed" kind, and more closely resemble ignorant preferences as to what you'd like to be true -- like the Stockholm Syndrone thing for example.

now give us another meltdown, no?

lilly

Council Member
Police officers in real life aren't the super-heroes that are typically depicted on the numerous, scripted television shows and movies. They're just ordinary people with ordinary motivations and prejudices.

That's why the founders of our nation were so careful to place strict limits upon police power. Unfortunately, fear leads people, over time, to demand expanded police powers in order to provide them with a false sense of security, and that's how a free society eventually evolves into a police state.

Be careful what you ask for -- you just may get it.
I understand what you are saying here and know that if a group of police came barging into 100 homes in this neighborhood it would end up looking like a war zone and the police over stepping their bounds if they would not have been found and the police thought the oldest was a run away and that was their mind set.

On the other hand John Walsh is not the kind to come out on a limb and say what he did and go to the length he did by going to a TV show to urge police to check further.

I got a long phone call, I hope time didn't run out.