• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The Juice..is loose

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
In the pics of him at his parole hearing,he looked way healthier than he did at his sentencing hearing years ago. Hard to believe he's already 70 years old.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I haven't seen. What was absurd?
Just his overall story of what happened when his crew barged into the hotel room and demanded the stuff. For example, OJ's story is that he didn't want to go in with armed "security" people, but someone else insisted on it. He also claims that, while a gun was pulled and pointed at the guys with the stuff, OJ never even saw the gun, although he was in the same room. He said he found out about the pointed gun the next day. And when the parole board members asked if he had done the things he promised to do in 2013, he just launched into some verbal ju jitsu and dodged their questions.

Just OJ being OJ. A master at the art of bullshit.

;-)

connieb

Senator

Apparently, he will become eligible for release in October if his release plan is developed.

Then what:eek:

I heard he gets 20K a month football pension.. which because its retirement benefits - the families who have judgements against him, can't get any of it.

He has been collecting it too, while in the klink. ... so, I would imagine he would be able to live comfortably on that.

I heard he gets 20K a month football pension.. which because its retirement benefits - the families who have judgements against him, can't get any of it.

He has been collecting it too, while in the klink. ... so, I would imagine he would be able to live comfortably on that.
"The NFL won't say how much he'll get from his NFL pension, and it's hard to estimate without knowing some key details, such as when he decided to start collecting benefits. But according to the NFL benefits formula, he could receive as much as $100,680 a year if he waited until age 65 to start drawing his pension."
http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/20/news/o-j-simpson-retirement-income/index.html
OJ can probably earn multiples of his retirement income through selling his brand, tarnished as that is for most people.

Based on his track record, the families of his victims will find it challenging to collect their legal share of his earnings.

connieb

Senator
"The NFL won't say how much he'll get from his NFL pension, and it's hard to estimate without knowing some key details, such as when he decided to start collecting benefits. But according to the NFL benefits formula, he could receive as much as $100,680 a year if he waited until age 65 to start drawing his pension."
http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/20/news/o-j-simpson-retirement-income/index.html
OJ can probably earn multiples of his retirement income through selling his brand, tarnished as that is for most people.

Based on his track record, the families of his victims will find it challenging to collect their legal share of his earnings.
I got that figure off some news cast last night or this morning talking about it. It seemed high to me. 100K makes more sense. But I do think that 100K makes more sense.

They can only collect what they can find. If he goes to an event like an autograph signing, then he could very well make money in cash - and if he keeps moving his banking around, or has Trusts, etc - then yeah.. they will likely never collect any more than they were already able to. Its not about the money though - to them, its about vengeance and I get that.

connieb

Senator
Do you think the victim's families have vengeance or justice as their goal?
Vengeance. Money is never about "justice". I saw clips with the father of Ron Goldman, and he was all about - we want to track him just to torture him.We know we won't get anything.. but we will keep hounding him and hounding him.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Just his overall story of what happened when his crew barged into the hotel room and demanded the stuff. For example, OJ's story is that he didn't want to go in with armed "security" people, but someone else insisted on it. He also claims that, while a gun was pulled and pointed at the guys with the stuff, OJ never even saw the gun, although he was in the same room. He said he found out about the pointed gun the next day. And when the parole board members asked if he had done the things he promised to do in 2013, he just launched into some verbal ju jitsu and dodged their questions.

Just OJ being OJ. A master at the art of bullshit.

;-)
He was asked to recount, and subsequently recounted the entire history of the crime in today's parole hearing?

Bugsy McGurk

President
He was asked to recount, and subsequently recounted the entire history of the crime in today's parole hearing?
Yup. I think parole board members often do that to see if a prisoner takes responsibility for the crime and/or shows remorse. OJ mixed in a little of that but the overall picture he painted was that he was the victim of a miscarriage of justice - thrown in prison just for "taking his own stuff back."