• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The Juice..is loose

Vengeance. Money is never about "justice". I saw clips with the father of Ron Goldman, and he was all about - we want to track him just to torture him.We know we won't get anything.. but we will keep hounding him and hounding him.
I think the Goldman family was completely blind-sided by what happened to Ron. Nicole's family, however, likely had premonitions of what often happens to victims of domestic violence if they can't get completely away from their abusers.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-justice-and-revenge-1

1) Revenge begets more revenge; justice provides closure

"If a neighbor vandalizes your car, an act of revenge would be you going over to your neighbor's house and vandalizing their car. The next act of revenge would be your neighbor going back to your house and vandalizing another car, etc. This would not stop until the justice system gets involved and would put both neighbors in prison whereby the vandalizing would stop.

"All of the famous quotes, 'An eye for an eye will make the world go blind', 'Fight fire with fire and you will get burned,' etc. are referring to revenge.

"Justice is different: it seeks to restore balance.

"It should be noted that there is a VERY fine line between this difference, which, unfortunately, is the reason for many of the debates about punishment in the justice system. It's also primarily the reason why people mistakenly say justice is a form of revenge."

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yup. I think parole board members often do that to see if a prisoner takes responsibility for the crime and/or shows remorse. OJ mixed in a little of that but the overall picture he painted was that he was the victim of a miscarriage of justice - thrown in prison just for "taking his own stuff back."
He served 9years. And eligible for parole by law. Deserve it not so sure...

Bugsy McGurk

President
He served 9years. And eligible for parole by law. Deserve it not so sure...
He wouldn't have gotten my vote if I was on the board. He remains arrogant and unrepentant. He even flashed rage at a board member at one point. I'm surprised they sprung him.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
oj will get 25k per month from his nfl pension...its the only monies the goldman family cannot touch...

poor oj,,hes the posterboy for "idindonuffin"...

Boca

Governor
As a Republican:eek:
No, no...he's a murderer...perfect Dem fit....I'm thinking of the Clinton body count that just a few days ago added another witness about to testify. Juice could win the 2018,2020, 2024, 2025,2029 democrat nominations by unanimous consent...no conventions necessary.

Last edited:

Caroljo

Senator
He wouldn't have gotten my vote if I was on the board. He remains arrogant and unrepentant. He even flashed rage at a board member at one point. I'm surprised they sprung him.
I watched it all too and was surprised when he did that! I was sure the younger woman on the parole board wouldn't vote yes to give him parole, she clearly wasn't happy with him. All the news-heads last night though were saying his parole will be very stringent and if he so much as sneezes wrong he'll be back in prison...and know what a narcissist that man is, it shouldn't take long.

S

Sickofleft

Now you can help him look for the real killer.
Yeah, apparently OJ must have gotten a tip that the real killer would be on a golf course....before his recent incarceration that is where he spent most of his time........

Bugsy McGurk

President
I watched it all too and was surprised when he did that! I was sure the younger woman on the parole board wouldn't vote yes to give him parole, she clearly wasn't happy with him. All the news-heads last night though were saying his parole will be very stringent and if he so much as sneezes wrong he'll be back in prison...and know what a narcissist that man is, it shouldn't take long.
He sure does need to walk the straight and narrow, and his arrogance might do him in yet again.

Caroljo

Senator
I think the funniest part of what he said was that he'd lived 'basically a conflict free life'....Lol! I would have kept him in prison just for that idiotic statement!