• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The popular vote isn't a thing

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Several european countries responded in similar ways to the 2007 crisis and their economies stagnated while the U.S. pulled ahead.
@Raoul_Luke doesn't mind stretching the truth a bit....Harding was not president in 1920. He took office in 1921 and the recession was over about 4 months later...long before any of his actions took place. The cut in government spending was largely done by Wilson's administration and took place in 1919 and 1920.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
not sure what point you are trying to make there pal. I am assuming that you are trying to justify the open theft of wealth from those who make it to those who do not
The wolf/sheep analogy is simply idiotic..that was my point. So you seem to think that the 62 million who voted for Trump were more virtuous than the 65 million who voted for Clinton. The people who want tax cuts when we are running a deficit are stealing from future generations who will have to pay it back...so which side looks like the sheep?

You want to reduce spending? Me too. You want government to work? Me too. I want balance the budget and pay as we go. Do you?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Alien:
1) A. Unacceptable, unfamiliar or repugnant. B. Different or separated.
2) Foreign.
3) Of or relating to beings supposedly from other worlds.

I got my definition from the Oxford Dictionary 1997 Edition.
it's 2019

redtide

Mayor
The wolf/sheep analogy is simply idiotic..that was my point. So you seem to think that the 62 million who voted for Trump were more virtuous than the 65 million who voted for Clinton. The people who want tax cuts when we are running a deficit are stealing from future generations who will have to pay it back...so which side looks like the sheep?

You want to reduce spending? Me too. You want government to work? Me too. I want balance the budget and pay as we go. Do you?
If you really cared about cutting spending then you would be supporting the elimination of entitlements and not someone who wants to give more "free" stuff to the human debris such as Obama, clinton and each candidate who is presently running for the Dem nomination.. Yet I see the opposite from you

middleview

President
Supporting Member
If you really cared about cutting spending then you would be supporting the elimination of entitlements and not someone who wants to give more "free" stuff to the human debris such as Obama, clinton and each candidate who is presently running for the Dem nomination.. Yet I see the opposite from you
I'm 66. I've been paying into SS since I was in 9th grade. You think I should be willing to walk away from the money I lent to the government. Ain't going to happen.
You think SS recipients are "human debris"? Quick, call Trump and suggest he let you write his speeches.

If you were really a conservative you would support holding off on tax cuts until the budget is balanced and the debt is gone.

redtide

Mayor
I'm 66. I've been paying into SS since I was in 9th grade. You think I should be willing to walk away from the money I lent to the government. Ain't going to happen.
You think SS recipients are "human debris"? Quick, call Trump and suggest he let you write his speeches.

If you were really a conservative you would support holding off on tax cuts until the budget is balanced and the debt is gone.
It is sick that you are ok with robbing the younger folks just so you can get a free check. Sure you were also forced to pay into the SS ponzi scheme but two wrongs do not make a right.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
It is sick that you are ok with robbing the younger folks just so you can get a free check. Sure you were also forced to pay into the SS ponzi scheme but two wrongs do not make a right.
It isn't a free check, it's money that he paid. It isn't theft to want your own money.

redtide

Mayor
It isn't a free check, it's money that he paid. It isn't theft to want your own money.
are you really that thick? the money he put in was gone before it was even stolen from him. The SS ponzi scheme is and always has been just that. Besides, having 50 years or more to plan for retirement seems to be more than long enough so as to not need to steal from others.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

budget hasn't been balanced or debt paid off in your life time

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
are you really that thick? the money he put in was gone before it was even stolen from him. The SS ponzi scheme is and always has been just that. Besides, having 50 years or more to plan for retirement seems to be more than long enough so as to not need to steal from others.
You aren’t smart. Any money he paid was his earned money. He is at least entitled to his money back. He didn’t have a choice to pay it, the government owes him his money.

Nostra

Governor
Alien:
1) A. Unacceptable, unfamiliar or repugnant. B. Different or separated.
2) Foreign.
3) Of or relating to beings supposedly from other worlds.

I got my definition from the Oxford Dictionary 1997 Edition.

You just proved you were wrong. Thanks, but I already did that.

:D

middleview

President
Supporting Member
The federal government borrowed my money for more than 50 years. Now I want it back.
You think I should be willing to lose a huge part of my retirement income and walk away from what the government borrowed? F*ck that. Feel free to see if Trump will run on that platform plank....

Nostra

Governor
The federal government borrowed my money for more than 50 years. Now I want it back.
You think I should be willing to lose a huge part of my retirement income and walk away from what the government borrowed? F*ck that. Feel free to see if Trump will run on that platform plank....
You are under the misguided impression the money you paid in was some sort of retirement account for you. It isn't. It was used to pay others.

Like any ponzi scheme, it will eventually implode.

redtide

Mayor
You aren’t smart. Any money he paid was his earned money. He is at least entitled to his money back. He didn’t have a choice to pay it, the government owes him his money.
So you agree, it was stolen from him which is exactly my point. lets stop the theft

middleview

President
Supporting Member
The US borrowed my money. Now it is time to pay me back. Imagine telling a bank that having borrowed their money you don't feel like paying them back. See how that works.