• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The popular vote isn't a thing

redtide

Mayor
The US borrowed my money. Now it is time to pay me back. Imagine telling a bank that having borrowed their money you don't feel like paying them back. See how that works.
So two wrongs equal a right as long as you can take it from someone else, SICK

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You are under the misguided impression the money you paid in was some sort of retirement account for you. It isn't. It was used to pay others.

Like any ponzi scheme, it will eventually implode.
We have run a surplus in money collected from SS for it's entire history. The rest of that money was used for the general fund....So it kept the federal government from raising taxes. Stupid scheme? Maybe. Am I willing to take the hit? Nope. But you should feel free to get Trump to run on a plan to have SS declare bankruptcy and wipe out all SS accounts. My dad, at 93, may not be much in favor of voting for your chosen candidate.

Nostra

Governor
We have run a surplus in money collected from SS for it's entire history. The rest of that money was used for the general fund....So it kept the federal government from raising taxes. Stupid scheme? Maybe. Am I willing to take the hit? Nope. But you should feel free to get Trump to run on a plan to have SS declare bankruptcy and wipe out all SS accounts. My dad, at 93, may not be much in favor of voting for your chosen candidate.

None of that changes the fact it was set up as a ponzi scheme.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
So?

Words often mean several things. Illegal aliens are aliens.

You were wrong, again.

Keep digging.:D
I am right. Aliens are creatures from outer space. Have a nice day.
P.S. Sorry if I made you look foolish. Next time I'll let you win OK?

redtide

Mayor
LOL, a surplus is that what your leaders are telling you? Perhaps that is why they have raised age and are concerned about the ponzi scheme not being sustainable?

Nostra

Governor
I am right. Aliens are creatures from outer space. Have a nice day.
P.S. Sorry if I made you look foolish. Next time I'll let you win OK?
Oxford Dictionary:

a·li·en
/ˈālēən/

adjective

• 1.belonging to a foreign country or nation.
noun

• 1.a foreigner, especially one who is not a naturalized citizen of the country where they are living:"an illegal alien"
Merriam Webster:

alien
adjective
\ ˈā-lē-ən , ˈāl-yən\
Definition of alien
(Entry 1 of 3)

1a: belonging or relating to another person, place, or thing : STRANGEan alien environment
b: relating, belonging, or owing allegiance to another country or government :FOREIGN

alien

noun
Definition of alien (Entry 2 of 3)

1: a person of another family, race, or nationaliens seeking asylum in the U.S.
2: a foreign-born resident who has not been naturalized and is still a subject or citizen of a foreign country

Dictionary.com:

alien
[ eyl-yuhn, ey-lee-uhn ]
||
SEE MORE SYNONYMS FOR alien ON THESAURUS.COM
noun
Often Disparaging and Offensive. a resident of one country who was born in or owesallegiance to another country and has not acquired citizenship by naturalization in the countryof residence (distinguished from citizen). See also resident alien, illegal alien.
a foreigner.
a person who has been estranged or excluded.
adjective
residing under a government or in a country other than that of one's birth without having orobtaining the status of citizenship there.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Oxford Dictionary:

a·li·en
/ˈālēən/

adjective

• 1.belonging to a foreign country or nation.
noun

• 1.a foreigner, especially one who is not a naturalized citizen of the country where they are living:"an illegal alien"
Merriam Webster:

alien
adjective
\ ˈā-lē-ən , ˈāl-yən\
Definition of alien
(Entry 1 of 3)

1a: belonging or relating to another person, place, or thing : STRANGEan alien environment
b: relating, belonging, or owing allegiance to another country or government :FOREIGN

alien

noun
Definition of alien (Entry 2 of 3)

1: a person of another family, race, or nationaliens seeking asylum in the U.S.
2: a foreign-born resident who has not been naturalized and is still a subject or citizen of a foreign country

Dictionary.com:

alien
[ eyl-yuhn, ey-lee-uhn ]
||
SEE MORE SYNONYMS FOR alien ON THESAURUS.COM
noun
Often Disparaging and Offensive. a resident of one country who was born in or owesallegiance to another country and has not acquired citizenship by naturalization in the countryof residence (distinguished from citizen). See also resident alien, illegal alien.
a foreigner.
a person who has been estranged or excluded.
adjective
residing under a government or in a country other than that of one's birth without having orobtaining the status of citizenship there.
Here is a gold star. :)

kaz

Small l libertarian
You aren’t smart. Any money he paid was his earned money. He is at least entitled to his money back. He didn’t have a choice to pay it, the government owes him his money.
His money was spent as it came in like any other tax. Nothing was ever saved. Was the money you paid in taxes that went to the military saved in some sort of trust fund? Of course not. It was spent.

Not one dime of your Social Security check will be from money you paid because zero was saved.

Welfare = money confiscated from today's taxpayers and given to someone who didn't earn it

Social Security = money confiscated from today's taxpayers and given to someone who didn't earn it

Social Security = welfare.

The only difference is that when you rob your kids for your welfare check, you'll give them a tip. Psst, do the same to your kids ...

I'll pass, I don't want to rob my children just because my parent's generation did it to me. End the con now

Last edited:

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
His money was spent as it came in like any other tax. Nothing was ever saved. Was the money you paid in taxes that went to the military saved in some sort of trust fund? Of course not. It was spent.

Not one dime of your Social Security check will be from money you paid because zero was saved.

Welfare = money confiscated from today's taxpayers and given to someone who didn't earn it

Social Security = money confiscated from today's taxpayers and given to someone who didn't earn it

Social Security = welfare.

The only difference is that when you rob your kids for your welfare check, you'll give them a tip. Psst, do the same to your kids ...

I'll pass, I don't want to rob my children just because my parent's generation did it to me. End the con now
Ssocial Security is not welfare!