• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The primary difference between liberlas and conservatives...

Corruptbuddha

Governor
...liberals expect the government to improve their lives.

...conservatives expect government to get out of the way so we can improve our own lives.

Bo-4

Senator

...conservatives expect government to get out of the way so we can improve our own lives.
And how exactly is the government currently standing in the way of you improving your life CB?

Corruptbuddha

Governor
In every way they can.

The federal government is a ubiquitous monster with a tentacle that impacts nearly every single aspect of the American citizen's life.

How about for example, the number of papers and forms I have to file just to hire or fire an employee? What about taking about 30% of my money each year? What about killing civilians in a faraway land in my name?

Hell, the list, like the government itself, goes on and on.

Lobato1

Mayor
That's fine if U live in an island by yourself, but if 2nd guy is around guess what?

You need rules to govern the island.

Best Regards
Lobato1

:violin:

:violin:

Council Member

I would say republicans want the govt to stay out of their way in their lives, while democrats think that we need a referee to make sure you don't
up our lives.

Try having a hockey game with a team that wants to win at any cost and a group of guys just wanting some exercise, and have no refs.

Council Member
In every way they can.

The federal government is a ubiquitous monster with a tentacle that impacts nearly every single aspect of the American citizen's life.

How about for example, the number of papers and forms I have to file just to hire or fire an employee? What about taking about 30% of my money each year? What about killing civilians in a faraway land in my name?

Hell, the list, like the government itself, goes on and on.
so your a ron paul guy?

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Who said you don't?

I've never said we don't need government...we just don't need as much government.

You, n the other hand, believe in government before the individual.

I believe in the reverse.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Who said 'no refs'?

Again, conservatives aren't anarchists.

They support small, controlled government.

Not the over sized, bureaucratic monolith that you support.

Council Member
I still can't for the life of me understand how anyone who really thinks Ron Paul is a good choice could vote for any of the other three guys.
I like some of what Paul says, but not enough. But I surely couldn't vote for any of the others, I could write your name first corrupt, before Santorum, Newt, or Mitt. It wouldn't be such a big waste as these three guys.

Lobato1

Mayor
Wrong, we Libs believe government safeguards our constitutional rights

Best Regards
Lobato1

Who said you don't?

I've never said we don't need government...we just don't need as much government.

You, n the other hand, believe in government before the individual.

I believe in the reverse.

Council Member
Who said 'no refs'?

Again, conservatives aren't anarchists.

They support small, controlled government.

Not the over sized, bureaucratic monolith that you support.
you don't mind one Ref, just don't give him a whistle or allow him to get in the way.

Lobato1

Mayor
Say what U want of Ron Paul, but nobody can accuse him of being dishonest

Far from the Mitt Tax Cheat & the Horny Patriot.

Best Regards
Lobato1

I still can't for the life of me understand how anyone who really thinks Ron Paul is a good choice could vote for any of the other three guys.
I like some of what Paul says, but not enough. But I surely couldn't vote for any of the others, I could write your name first corrupt, before Santorum, Newt, or Mitt. It wouldn't be such a big waste as these three guys.

Council Member
In some aspects.

Smaller government, closest to the people, is the best government.
In some aspect it's also the worst. Not to mention that they may be able to function as a small community, but they still have to depend on the rest of the country.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Says who?

A small, efficient government, properly restricted and monitored by the people would NEVER be able to wage war on false pretenses.

A federal government is responsible for three things: Defense, trade security, and insuring equality under the law.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
You mean like the TSA? Or the Patriot act? Or rendition? Or Affirmative action or quotas? Or regulations that favor one industry over another?

You mean those rights?

Corruptbuddha

Governor
As long as we play by the rules, held accountable by the fans, then we wouldn't need more than one ref.

The problem come when we have 20 refs and only 10 players. And the refs are changing the rules to suit either side every five minutes or so.

Lobato1

Mayor
Present Patriot Act is far cry from Patriot Act One Bushista reign of terror

The presidential press secretary, Ari Fleischer, condemned Bill Maher's irreverent comic response to 9/11 by reminding "all Americans that they need to watch what they say, watch what they do." Fear itself—the fear that "paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance,"

My reference to the GOPer Fear Factor from the past : http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/fighting_words/2006/09/fear_factor.html

Sad.

Best Regards
Lobato1

You mean like the TSA? Or the Patriot act? Or rendition? Or Affirmative action or quotas? Or regulations that favor one industry over another?

You mean those rights?

Corruptbuddha

Governor
So, losing less rights, is better than losing more?

Not in my mind.

We shouldn't have to surrender ANY rights for national security.

If we do, what are we securing?

The right to live in a totalitarian state?