• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The primary difference between liberlas and conservatives...

Council Member
As long as we play by the rules, held accountable by the fans, then we wouldn't need more than one ref.

The problem come when we have 20 refs and only 10 players. And the refs are changing the rules to suit either side every five minutes or so.
your being a bit ridiculous aren't you? But that is what you believe because you have been told by so many for so long that it is so. Name something that was created that didn't come about because of a need.

Who is going to buy your products, sell you what you need and how are you to get it or how will you ship it if it's just your little world. and when someone invades your sorry ass little community from a different community, you want the war powers to come down on them?

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Not at all.

Last year alone government added 40,000 (That forty thousand) new regulations and laws.

And I believe what I believe because I see it every day. And to equate that necessity is the mother of invention with massive government is not only asinine, it's insanity.

The market decides who buys my products (or in my case service) Whether we have massive government or not, if my service is timely, inexpensive and fulfills a need or want.

As to communities invading other communities....that's just silly.

Do you think the federal government keeps San Antonio from invading Houston?

Would you care to join us back here in 'real world'?

Council Member
Not at all.

Last year alone government added 40,000 (That forty thousand) new regulations and laws.

And I believe what I believe because I see it every day. And to equate that necessity is the mother of invention with massive government is not only asinine, it's insanity.

The market decides who buys my products (or in my case service) Whether we have massive government or not, if my service is timely, inexpensive and fulfills a need or want.

You think people just sit around and try to come up new rules and regulations to make your life harder? You don't think that a need or a result of something gone wrong, was what caused the rule or law to come to be?

Council Member
Not at all.

the real world, or do you mean the make believe world you want to put forward that once again only has one set of ideas, rules, and outcome that is appropriate to your thinking of how and what should happen. Sorry I invaded it.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
No, they come up with new rules and regulations so that they may squeeze another drop of blood from the already dried up turnip. The 'need' is to fill the public coffers so the powers that be can maintain that power by largesse and downright thievery.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Oh, so the idea of communities 'invading' one another is a fact of the real world?

It's quite possibly one of the silliest things you've ever posted and that is saying something.

RedCloud

Mayor
You need rules to govern the island.

Best Regards
Lobato1

:violin::violin:
You are right, Lobato1, and the more people the more rules. I admit that a lot of the present rules should be eliminated. Obamas administration is reviewing all laws and regulations with the intent to eliminating or consolidating them.

RedCloud

Mayor
I would say republicans want the govt to stay out of their way in their lives, while democrats think that we need a referee to make sure you don't
up our lives.

Try having a hockey game with a team that wants to win at any cost and a group of guys just wanting some exercise, and have no refs.
48, that is a good analogy.

Lobato1

Mayor
Nice spin to sidetrack GOPers tooks rights not Libs in Patriot Act one

But this crap has been debated before by you & I & that you didn't read what you posted where I replied:

The section goes on to say that included within the military’s authority is “detention under the law of war without trial until the end of hostilities.” This section, however, exempts Americans citizens captured inside the country.

Then you conveniently bugged off & that I have not forgotten.

My Reference: https://www.politicaljack.com/forums/showthread.php?12665-Question-for-liberals-and-other-Obama-Zombies....&p=173131

Best Regards
Lobato1

:violin:
So, losing less rights, is better than losing more?

Not in my mind.

We shouldn't have to surrender ANY rights for national security.

If we do, what are we securing?

The right to live in a totalitarian state?
:violin:

Council Member
In every way they can.

The federal government is a ubiquitous monster with a tentacle that impacts nearly every single aspect of the American citizen's life.

How about for example, the number of papers and forms I have to file just to hire or fire an employee? What about taking about 30% of my money each year? What about killing civilians in a faraway land in my name?

Hell, the list, like the government itself, goes on and on.
Yeah get out of your way except for the things you feel you need. If I need help then yes by all means they should do that, but if you need help, screw you. That is a republicans position in a handbag.

degsme

Council Member
...liberals expect the government to improve their lives.

...conservatives expect government to get out of the way so we can improve our own lives.
Bull. No evidence of this.

Liberals expect government to help individuals succeed. and recognize the importance of SELF GOVERNANCE

Conservatives expect the government to help the wealthy and powerful and do nothing for anyone else.

gabriel

Governor
wrong. they expect government t improve EVERYONES lives while selfish cons are only concerned for their own lives.

degsme

Council Member
Not at all.

Not true. There were 40,000 CHANGES and/or new regs. In a nation of 310,000,000 people and roughly 105,000,000 businesses... that works out to be about 0.0001 regulations per person/business. a TRUE CATASTROPHE....

And I believe what I believe because I see it every day.
No you see what you believe. and you ignore any contravening evidence. That's how human brians work.

Not true. Absent a government, you
don't have roads to deliver your product
don't have contract enforcement to get paid
don't have private property protection to keep the bigger nastier better armed guy from holding your family hostage and telling you to give them what they want.
have your property damaged by the acid rain from the unregulated polluters
don't have clean water to drink
etc. etc. etc.
I asked this before about my neighbor polluting my lake, which feeds a salmon spawning stream that feeds a salmon river that dumps into international salmon fishing waters.

Absent government, how do I protect my property for things that are not worth suing over or which are hard to prove a tort about?

SourMash_PLH

Council Member
Who said 'no refs'?

Again, conservatives aren't anarchists.

They support small, controlled government.

Not the over sized, bureaucratic monolith that you support.
I'm an anarchist, and only accept conservatism as a necessary compromise with the rest of society which is afraid to be free. My hope is that, if I can't be free, then at least the government should be so small and ineffetive as to allow me to live basically as if I were actually free.

NightSwimmer

Senator
Funny... I've always gotten the impression that the most significant difference was that the conservatives are jealous of the liberals for some reason.

SourMash_PLH

Council Member
Funny... I've always gotten the impression that the most significant difference was that the conservatives are jealous of the liberals for some reason.
Lol, "we are the 99%...why do you have all the good stuff?" Jealousy. Anger. Misuse of statistics. All halmarks of liberalism.