• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The racism of the Left

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Another example of modern racism; the accusation of "cultural appropriation".

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-35944803
A viral video has started a debate about "cultural appropriation" and the racial politics of hair.

The footage picks up in the middle of a confrontation between two young people - one a white man, the other a black woman. The argument centres around the man's hairstyle. Specifically, his dreadlocks.

"You're saying I can't have a hairstyle because of your culture - why?" the man says.

"Because it's my culture," the woman answers back. At one point she pushes him and tries to stop him from walking away.

The video, which has been watched more than three million times on YouTube, kicked off a debate online.

The man was later identified as Cory Goldstein, a student at San Francisco State University, where the video was apparently filmed. During the argument, Goldstein at one point declares: "You have no right to tell me what I can wear." Most of those commenting seemed to agree - many were critical of the woman.....
Racist accusations of "cultural appropriation" aren't new. Remember the conniption the Left Wing had over Katy Perry's act opening the American Music Awards?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/25/cultural-appropriation-katy-perry_n_4337024.html

Jen

Senator
So if a white person should not be allowed to have dreadlocks because they belong to black culture, then shouldn't black women be forbidden to have straight (white) hair? If we can't appropriate a hair style that some other race has had for generations and uses...........then black women had better get back to the kinky black hair now.

Liberals employ the creepiest kind of racism known to mankind.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
So if a white person should not be allowed to have dreadlocks because they belong to black culture, then shouldn't black women be forbidden to have straight (white) hair? If we can't appropriate a hair style that some other race has had for generations and uses...........then black women had better get back to the kinky black hair now.

that's one butt ugly guy

Reactions: Jen

Spamature

President
Last edited:

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member

...and stop culturally appropriating white culture like wearing business suits, reading and writing English, using "white" tech, etc. ;)

Reactions: Jen

write on

Senator

Racist accusations of "cultural appropriation" aren't new. Remember the conniption the Left Wing had over Katy Perry's act opening the American Music Awards?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/25/cultural-appropriation-katy-perry_n_4337024.html
See how you perpetuate the racism of the right wing?

No?

Look at the first reply to your post.

connieb

Senator

I like watching liberals - so want to out loon each other - that they begin to criticize and canibalize their own...

connieb

Senator

Oh, and I love their complete and total lack of self awarness.

Screeming "cultural appropriation"... indicates that one infact does see their culture as superior. The article states "Borrowing from another culture is most problematic when it plucks from a minority group (especially one that has been exploited or otherwise oppressed). Using aspects of another culture from a position of privilege is a means of additional exploitation in that it disregards the shared experiences that led to the development of the culture in question and uses ideas and traditions for their benefit"

So, inorder for this to occur one culture has to view itself superior to the other...

Well, um news flash, if you are screaming that you appropriated something - you are saying I view my culture as the superior or opressive culture.. so you are doing nothing other than acknowleding your own bigotry.

Furthermore, I am quite sure - that if you go to China you will find that they do infact think they are superior to westerners. If you go to Japan, they do also infact think they are superior to Americans. If you go to Iran or India - guess what - they too think they are superior to westerners..... So, how can westerners be "appropriating" anything from cultures who don't see themselves in an inferior position? Again, it is showing ones own hubris and bigotry to be looking at the situation - from a postion where you are convinced of your own superiority. THAT honestly - is one hell of an insult.

Here people of Japan.. we know that we are better than you. and you must be convinced that we have oppressed you.. so it is wrong for us - to take something of yours... Wow.. what arrogance. You know... the rest of the world has long been convinced of the arrogance of Americans.. and the more I think on it, they are right, American liberals are an arrogant bunch.. afterall.. its not like the rest of the world has had much contact with rubes from Texas... who is traveling the world... culturally appropriating.. I can probably say for certain, its not a bunch of ignorant redneck rightwing hicks. Its the uber enlightened liberals......... the pieces are starting to come together.. but I digress.

What happened to the idea that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? I am quite sure that Katy Perry didn't dress up as a Geisha because she was intent on marginalizing and belittlein the culture.. but because Geisha's are the considered the gold standard of all of the worlds ladies of the night. They are beautiful, refined, genteel, intelligent and actually highly educated. She was actually honoring that piece of culture by paying homage to it. Not "appropriating" it. That would of course imply that the Japanese are some sort of inferior culture, or that they view themselves as such.. and honestly, THAT would be a greater insult.

connie

write on

Senator
Oh, and I love their complete and total lack of self awarness.

Screeming "cultural appropriation"... indicates that one infact does see their culture as superior. The article states "Borrowing from another culture is most problematic when it plucks from a minority group (especially one that has been exploited or otherwise oppressed). Using aspects of another culture from a position of privilege is a means of additional exploitation in that it disregards the shared experiences that led to the development of the culture in question and uses ideas and traditions for their benefit"

So, inorder for this to occur one culture has to view itself superior to the other...

Well, um news flash, if you are screaming that you appropriated something - you are saying I view my culture as the superior or opressive culture.. so you are doing nothing other than acknowleding your own bigotry.

Furthermore, I am quite sure - that if you go to China you will find that they do infact think they are superior to westerners. If you go to Japan, they do also infact think they are superior to Americans. If you go to Iran or India - guess what - they too think they are superior to westerners..... So, how can westerners be "appropriating" anything from cultures who don't see themselves in an inferior position? Again, it is showing ones own hubris and bigotry to be looking at the situation - from a postion where you are convinced of your own superiority. THAT honestly - is one hell of an insult.

Here people of Japan.. we know that we are better than you. and you must be convinced that we have oppressed you.. so it is wrong for us - to take something of yours... Wow.. what arrogance. You know... the rest of the world has long been convinced of the arrogance of Americans.. and the more I think on it, they are right, American liberals are an arrogant bunch.. afterall.. its not like the rest of the world has had much contact with rubes from Texas... who is traveling the world... culturally appropriating.. I can probably say for certain, its not a bunch of ignorant redneck rightwing hicks. Its the uber enlightened liberals......... the pieces are starting to come together.. but I digress.

What happened to the idea that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? I am quite sure that Katy Perry didn't dress up as a Geisha because she was intent on marginalizing and belittlein the culture.. but because Geisha's are the considered the gold standard of all of the worlds ladies of the night. They are beautiful, refined, genteel, intelligent and actually highly educated. She was actually honoring that piece of culture by paying homage to it. Not "appropriating" it. That would of course imply that the Japanese are some sort of inferior culture, or that they view themselves as such.. and honestly, THAT would be a greater insult.

connie
I do like reading your righteous posts.

It shows that you are so far disconnected from the reality of everyday America.

Last edited:

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
See how you perpetuate the racism of the right wing?

No?

Look at the first reply to your post.
Dude, it's the Left that perpetuates racism by institutionalizing it into our laws and government. The LW claims they are against racism, but they continually use it as an election tool just as the RW uses abortion and gay marriage. When the LW can't find actual examples of racism to use, they start making shit up like "cultural appropriation".

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
I do like reading your righteous posts.

It shows that you are so far disconnected from the reality of everyday America.

Dude, it's you who are disconnected from reality. You're so far Left you are in danger of falling off the edge of reality.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
.....What happened to the idea that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? I am quite sure that Katy Perry didn't dress up as a Geisha because she was intent on marginalizing and belittlein the culture.. but because Geisha's are the considered the gold standard of all of the worlds ladies of the night. They are beautiful, refined, genteel, intelligent and actually highly educated. She was actually honoring that piece of culture by paying homage to it. Not "appropriating" it. That would of course imply that the Japanese are some sort of inferior culture, or that they view themselves as such.. and honestly, THAT would be a greater insult.

connie
Agreed Perry didn't appear onstage as a Geisha to belittle Japan anymore than Japanese businessmen wear Western attire to belittle Europeans.