• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The real "Hands up, don't shoot"?

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
the cops targeted this guy from sort of pre-existing dispute. the investigation is under way. he was evidently involved in some shady dealings with these "sherfiffs' and the cops were afraid he was about to turn them in.
Agreed and I suspect these two "city sheriffs" will go away for a long time for the murder of a boy and attempted murder of his father. Right now the charge is Second Degree Murder, but if this prior relationship is true, it should be upgraded to First Degree Murder.

EatTheRich

President
Karma? Yes, actions produce consequences. That works both ways. It's why President Obama's and AG Holder's actions such as in the Philly voting incident, in the Zimmerman case and Ferguson are seen as racist since they are not applied to all similar situations. Just the ones with black people. Doesn't that fit the definition of racism? "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

WTF? Are you accusing President Obama of state-organized genocide?
1. It is certainly racist that Obama and Holder give extra scrutiny to minor crimes involving Black people and acquiesce in the state-organized genocide of Black people.
2. I wouldn't say it's organized by Obama. It's mostly local police and their allies in paramilitary groups (KKK, etc.). But the fact that Obama isn't stepping in vigorously to address the routine killing of one or two Black people per week, when he probably would if it were white people being targeted for their race, makes his administration complicit.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
1. It is certainly racist that Obama and Holder give extra scrutiny to minor crimes involving Black people and acquiesce in the state-organized genocide of Black people.
2. I wouldn't say it's organized by Obama. It's mostly local police and their allies in paramilitary groups (KKK, etc.). But the fact that Obama isn't stepping in vigorously to address the routine killing of one or two Black people per week, when he probably would if it were white people being targeted for their race, makes his administration complicit.
And you wonder why I think you're a conspiracy theorist?

1. What is this "state-organized genocide of Black people"?

2. So Obama just lets "paramilitary groups (KKK, etc.)" run around unhindered to murder black people? I'm shocked.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Unlike, say, the Michael Brown case, where witnesses also said he had his hands up. Why were they arrested in this case?
1. The victims were white.
2. Protests against the murders of Brown, Garner, etc., helped create a climate in which police were more likely to be held accountable for their crimes if sufficiently egregious.
1. Witnesses lied and were proved wrong

2. Protests...errr looting because of Brown attacking a police officer resulting in lawful use of lethal force...have ruined people lives and have forced police to not enforce laws and stop crime...I hope you become a victim rather than some law abiding citizen...you deserve to see this first hand.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
KKK started by Democrats...that you being you!

EatTheRich

President
And you wonder why I think you're a conspiracy theorist?

1. What is this "state-organized genocide of Black people"?

2. So Obama just lets "paramilitary groups (KKK, etc.)" run around unhindered to murder black people? I'm shocked.
1. There is an unarmed Black person killed by a police officer (an agent of the government) about once every 3 days. In the vast majority of cases, the officers escape criminal liability because they are following department policy. In other words, they are doing what the state tells them to do.
2. What he hasn't done: organize and arm multi-racial militias to resist this violence. This was standard practice in the days of Reconstruction, but today it poses too much of a threat to big business.

EatTheRich

President
1. Witnesses lied and were proved wrong

2. Protests...errr looting because of Brown attacking a police officer resulting in lawful use of lethal force...have ruined people lives and have forced police to not enforce laws and stop crime...I hope you become a victim rather than some law abiding citizen...you deserve to see this first hand.
1. No physical evidence contradicted the witnesses. The very fact that you are willing to disbelieve so many witnesses without evidence speaks volumes about your feelings about the Black community.
2. From everything I've seen, Brown lawfully defended himself from an unlawful assault. The looters were a tiny minority who took advantage of the protests to engage in criminal activity. There is strong evidence that the protests have not "forced police to not enforce laws and stop crime." And of course there is the fact that police do not do a great job stopping crime, often have corrupt relationships with criminals, and terrorize communities with violence that, although it may be "legal," is just as deadly as criminal violence.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
1. There is an unarmed Black person killed by a police officer (an agent of the government) about once every 3 days. In the vast majority of cases, the officers escape criminal liability because they are following department policy. In other words, they are doing what the state tells them to do.
2. What he hasn't done: organize and arm multi-racial militias to resist this violence. This was standard practice in the days of Reconstruction, but today it poses too much of a threat to big business.
1. a. How many whites are killed by police daily, weekly, whatever?
b. 39,000,000 black Americans. While one death every three days (a total of 122/year) is a tragedy, no [Unwelcome language removed] way is it genocide.
c. How many of those shot were criminals engaged in a crime and how many were completely innocent?

2. On one hand you complain that the police "are doing what the state tells them to do" but on the other you advocate "militias" to do what the state tells them to do. WTF?

EatTheRich

President
meaning..I justify murder of police officers.
No, meaning I recognize that the current system systematically produces the murder of police officers (as well as dissidents and poor people who are often Native American, Black, Latino, trans, etc.) and that if we want to stop it we need to employ means that will actually put an end to the war between cops and poor people:

1. Strict affirmative action quotas for police hiring and firing.
2. Beat cops assigned to the neighborhoods in which they live.
3. Elected community boards with the power to hire and fire police.
4. Alliances between police and other anti-crime groups (Nation of Islam, etc.).
5. Ending the war on drug users. Legalization of prostitution. Repeal of taxes on alcohol, tobacco, etc.
6. Repeal of onerous gun control laws.
7. Taking state power out of the hands of the capitalist class and building a workers' and farmers' government. If this is not done, everything else is ultimately just a palliative.

EatTheRich

President
1. a. How many whites are killed by police daily, weekly, whatever?
b. 39,000,000 black Americans. While one death every three days (a total of 122/year) is a tragedy, no [Unwelcome language removed] way is it genocide.
c. How many of those shot were criminals engaged in a crime and how many were completely innocent?

2. On one hand you complain that the police "are doing what the state tells them to do" but on the other you advocate "militias" to do what the state tells them to do. WTF?
1a. Blacks are killed at an annual rate of 5 per million. Whites are killed at an annual rate of 2 per million. Since whites outnumber Blacks 5 to 1, whites, although they are 2.5 times less likely to be targeted, are actually killed by police at twice the rates Blacks are.

1b. The UN Genocide Convention defines genocide as:
...any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:
(a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

It doesn't say that the deliberate killing of 1 in 200,000 doesn't count.

1c. I believe in the Bill of Rights, which says that police can't decide for themselves, without trial, which criminal acts should or should not be punished by summary execution. Even if you believe the people killed were guilty of capital crimes which deserved death (I oppose capital punishment but that's another story), they were denied the right to confront their accusers, see the evidence against them, and be tried by a jury of their peers.

2. There's an obvious tension there, and a risk that any such militias will end up becoming paramilitary arms of the status quo. But at the same time, merely forming such militias, or raising the demand that they be formed, can transform the nature of the state (as in Reconstruction when the U.S. government in the South was transformed into a revolutionary-democratic movement).

I'd like to know the answer to that too, @EatTheRich. Also, please clearly define "worker" since most Americans who aren't on welfare fit that definition.
Fair point. I always thought of Spammy as a layabout welfare recipient, or one of the legions of "disabled" people who get a monthly check from me and the rest of the taxpayers.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
1a. Blacks are killed at an annual rate of 5 per million. Whites are killed at an annual rate of 2 per million. Since whites outnumber Blacks 5 to 1, whites, although they are 2.5 times less likely to be targeted, are actually killed by police at twice the rates Blacks are.
Nice numbers. Because I'm a numbers guy, do you have a factual reference for those statistics? 39 x 5 = 195/year. Still not genocide, but pale (no pun intended) compared to the 2245 black Americans murdered by their fellow black Americans each year. Factual reference: https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls

1b. The UN Genocide Convention defines genocide as:
...any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:
(a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

It doesn't say that the deliberate killing of 1 in 200,000 doesn't count.
It also doesn't prove genocide. Where is your proof police shootings of criminals is intended to destroy any particular race?

I hate text walls and will stop here. In short, there's nothing to prove genocide or that President Obama supports the KKK.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Fair point. I always thought of Spammy as a layabout welfare recipient, or one of the legions of "disabled" people who get a monthly check from me and the rest of the taxpayers.
Many are. It's why they support the DNC so much. The DNC meme for 2016 is promising free college to all. That's easily 30 million votes right there paid for by the working class. If unlimited, then anyone of any age can drop out of the workforce and "study" fingerpainting for 4-12 years (BA to PhD).