• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The Republicans don't have a history of racism.

Colorforms

Senator
I STILL don't understand why some righsters are so eager to remind us that the Democratic Party USED to be the locus of American racism, but that the GOP willingly and eagerly gobbled up that defecation a soon as the Dems dumped it.
Dumped it? Dems never dumped it. They changed tactics is all. Instead of keeping blacks down through legislation, the way that they used too, they now do it through poor school administration, and literally paying them to be wards of the state.

Anyone who suggests that we might elevate them to the same standards that the rest of society enjoys (republicans) is immediately attacked as racist.

fairsheet

Senator
Dumped it? Dems never dumped it. They changed tactics is all. Instead of keeping blacks down through legislation, the way that they used too, they now do it through poor school administration, and literally paying them to be wards of the state.

Anyone who suggests that we might elevate them to the same standards that the rest of society enjoys (republicans) is immediately attacked as racist.

So...that probably explains why the entire south magically switched from blue to red, post the "Civil Rights Act of 1964". The Dems did it so's to trick the south into voting GOP!

Colorforms

Senator
So...that probably explains why the entire south magically switched from blue to red, post the "Civil Rights Act of 1964". The Dems did it so's to trick the south into voting GOP!
That certainly makes as much sense as "Southern democrats wanted to stay racist, so they switched to the party that ended slavery"

Interesting side note about the Civil War. Northerners, the victors, have created some very false truth about the Confederacy, as most war victors do about the enemies they defeat.
  • In 1864, the Confederate States began to abandon slavery. There are some indications that even without a war, the Confederacy would have ended slavery. Most historians believe that the Confederacy only started to abandon slavery once their defeat was imminent. If that were true then we are to believe that the CSA wanted independence more than they wanted to hold on to slavery.
  • The CSA’s highest ranking generals, Robert E. Lee and Joseph E. Johnston were not slave holders and did not believe in slavery.
  • According to an 1860 census, only 31% of families owned slaves.
  • 75% of families that owned slaves owned less than 10 and often worked beside them in the fields.
  • The Confederate Constitution banned the overseas slave trade, and permitted Confederate states to abolish slavery within their borders if they wanted to do so.
  • Slavery wasn’t abolished until 1868, 3 years after the war. Thus Kentucky, Missouri, Maryland and Delaware still had slaves.
Not quite the picture painted in modern pseudo-knowledge, is it?
>>>In 1864, the Confederate States began to abandon slavery. There are some indications that even without a war, the Confederacy would have ended slavery.<<<

Brother Now I've seen it all. A liberal saying that the Confederate States who went to war to protect slave holders, were going to end slavery. Yep, and the KKK were nothing but a bunch of boy scouts.

Unbelievable.

Folks, this just goes to show that there is no depth limit on the bull crap that liberals will spew when trying to defend their party's atrocities. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
It was a Republican President who said he wouldn't free any slaves if he could win the Civil War without freeing any and it was a Republican who adopted the "Southern Strategy" that all subsequent GOP POTUS candidate have employed.
I don't know what history books you've been reading, but they probably were written in Moscow.

GreenBean

Council Member

It was a Democrat president not a Republican who appointed Hugo Black a member of the KKK, to the Supreme Court. It was a Democrat Senate that appointed Robert Byrd and member of the KKK to Senate Majority leader. It was a Democrat Governor that blocked blacks access to schools in Alabama, not a Republican.

It was a Republican president that started the war against slavery. It was a Republican president that introduced the first civil rights act and sent troops to Alabama to allow blacks to attend segregated schools. I was a majority of Republicans that voted for the Civil Rights acts of 1964 and 1965. It was a Republican President who appointed the first Black member of the Supreme Court.

Democrats are just a racist now as they where then, enslaving blacks to welfare to obtain their votes.

...Anytime you throw your weight behind a political party that controls two-thirds of the government, and that Party can not keep the promise that it made to you during election time, and youre dumb enough to walk around continuing to identify yourself with that Party, you are not only a chump, but you are a traitor to your race.... Malcolm X
--

E.W. Jackson of Virginia, Black Politician, Republican Party candidate for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia, stated ...

...slavery did not destroy black families, but government welfare programs launched in the 1960s caused them to deteriorate....

--
Walter Williams, economist, philosopher, columnist, professor at George Mason University, and Black Republican was interviewed by The Wall Street Journal and discussed research he conducted which led him to the conclusion that the government welfare state killed the black family, not slavery or racism.

Even .... when slaves often weren't permitted to wed, most black children lived with a biological mother and father. During Reconstruction and up until the 1940s, 75% to 85% of black children lived in two-parent families. Today, more than 70% of black children are born to single women. The welfare state has done to black Americans what slavery couldn't do, what Jim Crow couldn't do, what the harshest racism couldn't do,.... And that is to destroy the black family.

I think it's important for people to understand the ideas of scarcity and decision-making in everyday life so that they won't be ripped off by politicians," he says. "Politicians exploit economic illiteracy. The State Against Blacks - Wall Street Journal

Blacks and the Democratic Party

GreenBean

Council Member
I don't know what history books you've been reading, but they probably were written in Moscow.
I would like to see his source for this quote - it is possible that some facsimile of it was said - but I'm sure it is twisted way out of context.o_O

GreenBean

Council Member
There was no mocking dude. Did you leave your sense of humor at home this morning?

You said:
  • 75% of families that owned slaves owned less than 10 and often worked beside them in the fields.
I said:

"Yep. Phil Robertson said he worked beside them in the fields and they were Happy,Happy,Happy."

Oy

As a Senate leader, Lyndon Johnson who had consistently voted against any legislation to protect African Americans from lynching, worked vigorously to stifle the Civil Rights Act of 1957. Lacking sufficient votes to defeat it, he did manage to water it down and render it virtually useless before it was returned to Eisenhower.

Democrat, Strom Thurmond picked up the torch from Johnson and performed the longest filibuster in history in an unsuccessful attempt to keep the bill from passing at all. Lyndon Johnson, dubbed by some as the master of the Senate conspired with the Kennedy liberals to credit Johnson for having seen to the laws passage while simultaneously boasting to southern Democrats that he had rendered the legislation impotent.

Democratic Strategists, of whom Johnson was one, realized the importance of the Negro vote and in this light Johnson explained the strategy re: the Republican Civil Rights Act of 1957 to his Democratic co-conspirators:

These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now, we've got to do something about this; we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. for if we don't move at all, then their allies [The Republicans] will line up against us and there will be no way of stopping them, we'll lose the filibuster and there will be no way of putting the brake on all sorts of wild legislation, it'll be reconstruction all over again - Lyndon Johnson

Johnson is also credited with the statement - I'll have those niggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years

The reason for the switch had more to do with state's rights than anything to do with Slavery. After all, if it was about slavery, it was a Republican president that went to war to defend blacks' rights. It was another Republican president that sent military to open up segregated schools to blacks. So the south wouldn't have went Red if it was about slavery. It has more to do with 2nd amendment issues, religious freedom, traditional marriage and limited federal power.

As late as the 1940's Democrats were using blacks as guinea pigs in medical tests on syphilis and diabetes, under FDR's direction.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Another comment from the peanut gallery. Pathetic if this is and throwing money at the inner city welfare state are the only way you can get the vote.
now that's funny. you, a republican, reply with a racist insinuation which lends credence to my claim that most racists are republicans.

now that's funny. you, a republican, reply with a racist insinuation which lends credence to my claim that most racists are republicans.
If you see racism in my reply, you have just proved my point. By the way,. My wife's brother is married to a Black woman, and when we see them we get a long well together.

But then again, she is more of the Clarence Thomas persuasion, than Herr Obama's persuasion.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
If you see racism in my reply, you have just proved my point. By the way,. My wife's brother is married to a Black woman, and when we see them we get a long well together.

But then again, she is more of the Clarence Thomas persuasion, than Herr Obama's persuasion.
does your sister-in-law join you in making negative generalizations about blacks....like you did in the post above?
to be a bigot or racist, one must first be ignorant.

GreenBean

Council Member
They will twist any thing you have to say on the topic to be racist, when they can't win an argument or the facts are stacked against them - they will scream racist , homophobe , hater -

It's a tactic that I sincerely doubt @JuliefromOhio has the requisite IQ to even realize she's using, it's just what she's been conditioned to do and all she knows. It's called Jamming

The objective of jamming is to force opponents into silence by accusations of Racism and bigotry . The purpose being to create a social stigmatization of anyone whom opposes the Liberal Agenda. Jamming is to ridicule the opponent in the eyes of the world and to evoke the "pack mentality" .

Mentally healthy human beings will naturally feel a sense of shame and exclusion when they perceive that they are not part of the the pack, both in their thoughts and actions. The Jamming tactic objective is to evoke a sense of shame in the opponent

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member

It was a Democrat president not a Republican who appointed Hugo Black a member of the KKK, to the Supreme Court. It was a Democrat Senate that appointed Robert Byrd and member of the KKK to Senate Majority leader. It was a Democrat Governor that blocked blacks access to schools in Alabama, not a Republican.

It was a Republican president that started the war against slavery. It was a Republican president that introduced the first civil rights act and sent troops to Alabama to allow blacks to attend segregated schools. I was a majority of Republicans that voted for the Civil Rights acts of 1964 and 1965. It was a Republican President who appointed the first Black member of the Supreme Court.

Democrats are just a racist now as they where then, enslaving blacks to welfare to obtain their votes.
My how times have changed. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member
They will twist any thing you have to say on the topic to be racist, when they can't win an argument or the facts are stacked against them - they will scream racist , homophobe , hater -

It's a tactic that I sincerely doubt @JuliefromOhio has the requisite IQ to even realize she's using, it's just what she's been conditioned to do and all she knows. It's called Jamming

The objective of jamming is to force opponents into silence by accusations of Racism and bigotry . The purpose being to create a social stigmatization of anyone whom opposes the Liberal Agenda. Jamming is to ridicule the opponent in the eyes of the world and to evoke the "pack mentality" .

Mentally healthy human beings will naturally feel a sense of shame and exclusion when they perceive that they are not part of the the pack, both in their thoughts and actions. The Jamming tactic objective is to evoke a sense of shame in the opponent
I see you are a big fan of the jamming school.

GreenBean

Council Member
My how times have changed. Now the shoe is on the other foot.
Hardly , you silly little simple minded tool. You're not a very sharp tool - but you're a tool, a/k/a useful idiot. I can't help but notice that you seem incapable of going beyond a sentence or two - is it too strenuous on your limited abilities ? Does it put a stranium on your cranium ?

Are the facts too much for you to digest ?

Are you able to comprehend that slavery has been reintroduced into the Black Communities by the Democratic Party and that it continues to this day. That the majority of the Black community is subservient to handouts.

...Anytime you throw your weight behind a political party that controls two-thirds of the government, and that Party can not keep the promise that it made to you during election time, and youre dumb enough to walk around continuing to identify yourself with that Party, you are not only a chump, but you are a traitor to your race.... Malcolm X

Even the infamous Malcolm X saw that the Democratic Party used African Americans to suit their own agenda and failed to address the communitys living standards or job situations but Blacks still voted Democratic. Why ?? Because it was the Path of least resistance .

LBJ - one of the masterminds of the New Slavery - rationalized his strategy to his fellow bigots and Klansmen around the same time Nixon was formulating his Southern Strategy

These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now, we've got to do something about this; we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. for if we don't move at all, then their allies [The Republicans] will line up against us and there will be no way of stopping them, we'll lose the filibuster and there will be no way of putting the brake on all sorts of wild legislation, it'll be reconstruction all over again - Lyndon Johnson

What the “Southern strategy” essentially did was concede that African Americans were still enshackled to the slaveholder descendants , that the slave and slave master were voting for Democrats, therefore Republicans decided they would entice white voters by making them aware of this fact in hopes of driving more of the poor “white vote” towards the Republican party. They succeeded - while the slave and slave holder descendants remianed loyal to the Party of Big Brother - The Democrats . Seig Heil Bitch .

Last edited:
does your sister-in-law join you in making negative generalizations about blacks....like you did in the post above?
to be a bigot or racist, one must first be ignorant.
Another comment from the peanut gallery. Pathetic if this is and throwing money at the inner city welfare state are the only way you can get the vote.

I see talking about the inner city welfare state is racist, according to you. My sister in law is very critical of those that choose to live off welfare. whether they be white or black, as I am.