• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The right wing's Solyndra argument bits the dust. HA HA

Spamature

President
So now what ? Turns out the program itself has turned a profit in spite of the losses by some of the companies that received financing. So I guess the administration will now start to he from right wingers apologizing for premature and immature fits of anger. Some of you can start right here if you like. Best to get it off of your chest now instead of waiting and letting the guilt set in.

(Reuters) - The controversial government program that funded failed solar company Solyndra, and became a lighting rod in the 2012 presidential election, is officially in the black.

According to a report by the Department of Energy, interest payments to the government from projects funded by the Loan Programs Office were $810 million as of September - higher than the $780 million in losses from loans it sustained from startups including Fisker Automotive, Abound Solar and Solyndra, which went bankrupt after receiving large government loans intended to help them bring their advanced green technologies to market.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/13/us-doe-loans-idUSKCN0IX0A120141113?irpc=932

justoffal

Senator
So now what ? Turns out the program itself has turned a profit in spite of the losses by some of the companies that received financing. So I guess the administration will now start to he from right wingers apologizing for premature and immature fits of anger. Some of you can start right here if you like. Best to get it off of your chest now instead of waiting and letting the guilt set in.

(Reuters) - The controversial government program that funded failed solar company Solyndra, and became a lighting rod in the 2012 presidential election, is officially in the black.

According to a report by the Department of Energy, interest payments to the government from projects funded by the Loan Programs Office were $810 million as of September - higher than the $780 million in losses from loans it sustained from startups including Fisker Automotive, Abound Solar and Solyndra, which went bankrupt after receiving large government loans intended to help them bring their advanced green technologies to market.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/13/us-doe-loans-idUSKCN0IX0A120141113?irpc=932
Solyndra stands by itself as an example of corporate theft of government funds with insider help. It matters little what the rest of the program does. Solyndra was a known failure prior to their receiving financing. They got their money because they had friends in high places.....Michelle Obama to be exact.

It was never about the chosen product it was always about the business model.

JO

Spamature

President
Solyndra stands by itself as an example of corporate theft of government funds with insider help. It matters little what the rest of the program does. Solyndra was a known failure prior to their receiving financing. They got their money because they had friends in high places.....Michelle Obama to be exact.

It was never about the chosen product it was always about the business model.

JO
Solyndra was part of a program dedicated to investing in alternative energy. The program had some winners and losers. As do many investments of this sort. Over all the winners out paced the losers.

You made accusations here. How about you put some evidence behind it.

Are we relying on government accounting? lol.

Spamature

President
Are we relying on government accounting? lol.
PS

You're going to love this:

U.S. Expects $5 Billion From Program That Funded Solyndra
By Justin Doom November 12, 2014
The U.S. government expects to earn $5 billion to $6 billion from the renewable-energy loan program that funded flops including Solyndra LLC, supporting President Barack Obama’s decision to back low-carbon technologies.

The Department of Energy has disbursed about half of $32.4 billion allocated to spur innovation, and the expected return will be detailed in a report due to be released as soon as tomorrow, according to an official who helped put together the data.

The results contradict the widely held view that the U.S. has wasted taxpayer money funding failures including Solyndra, which closed its doors in 2011 after receiving $528 million in government backing. That adds to Obama’s credibility as he seeks to make climate change a bigger priority after announcing a historic emissions deal with China.

A $5 billion return to taxpayers exceeds the returns from many venture capital and private equity investments in clean energy, said Michael Morosi, an analyst at Jetstream Capital LLC, which invests in renewable energy.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-11-12/u-dot-s-dot-expects-5-billion-from-program-that-funded-solyndra

PS

You're going to love this:

U.S. Expects $5 Billion From Program That Funded Solyndra
By Justin Doom November 12, 2014
The U.S. government expects to earn $5 billion to $6 billion from the renewable-energy loan program that funded flops including Solyndra LLC, supporting President Barack Obama’s decision to back low-carbon technologies.

The Department of Energy has disbursed about half of $32.4 billion allocated to spur innovation, and the expected return will be detailed in a report due to be released as soon as tomorrow, according to an official who helped put together the data.

The results contradict the widely held view that the U.S. has wasted taxpayer money funding failures including Solyndra, which closed its doors in 2011 after receiving $528 million in government backing. That adds to Obama’s credibility as he seeks to make climate change a bigger priority after announcing a historic emissions deal with China.

A $5 billion return to taxpayers exceeds the returns from many venture capital and private equity investments in clean energy, said Michael Morosi, an analyst at Jetstream Capital LLC, which invests in renewable energy.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-11-12/u-dot-s-dot-expects-5-billion-from-program-that-funded-solyndra
Maybe the government is paying on the backside to bring in money on the loans. I wouldn't put it past any of these government clowns. Regardless, Solyndra was a transfer of money from political insiders to political insiders - ordinarily a crime.

You relied on it to rant about Solyndra. All of a sudden when the news is positive the same source is now suspect. You guys are forever moving the goal post.

Shameless.
No, going broke has nothing to do with government accounting! People actually showing up to bankruptcy court is not dependent on government accountants. lol

Spamature

President
Maybe the government is paying on the backside to bring in money on the loans. I wouldn't put it past any of these government clowns. Regardless, Solyndra was a transfer of money from political insiders to political insiders - ordinarily a crime.
You guys keep making accusations How about some proof. Else how about an apology to this administration for being wrong so often and so loudly.

ya-ta-hey

Mayor

Mr. Spam,

True, but what this article fails to mention that the majority of $810M in loan interest from the Bush Administration program came from loans, primarily to Tesla, and the US Nuclear industry, whereas the majority of the $780M in losses came from the 1705 Renewable Energy Program that the Obama adminstration carved out of the original funding for loan gauruntees from the 2005 Energy Policy Act as part if his stimulus program.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
would you feel better if we gave more credit to the Bush admin. since they initiated the investment in Solyndra?

http://mediamatters.org/research/2011/09/19/what-the-press-is-getting-wrong-about-solyndra/175483

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member
Just how deep is your love of government that you demand citizens "apologize" to it? Do you have any clue how bizarre that is?
He is simply suggesting the winger set apologize to the administration. Our government is a lot more than the administration.

I am curious, however, about which type of government you would prefer.

Spamature

President
Just how deep is your love of government that you demand citizens "apologize" to it? Do you have any clue how bizarre that is?
Do you know you are violating the rules now. The subject is Solyndra not me. And yeah I'd love to see you guys eat crow. That has nothing to do with the govt. It has to do with all the big talk your cons engaged in when this issue was still in its infancy. Now that it appears to be maturing into a success... Why not admit the error of your ways ?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Do you know you are violating the rules now. The subject is Solyndra not me. And yeah I'd love to see you guys eat crow. That has nothing to do with the govt. It has to do with all the big talk your cons engaged in when this issue was still in its infancy. Now that it appears to be maturing into a success... Why not admit the error of your ways ?
I've not posted on Solyndra. I've also never demanded citizens prostrate themselves before the government.

You're so far gone you can't even see it...

Spamature

President
Mr. Spam,

True, but what this article fails to mention that the majority of $810M in loan interest from the Bush Administration program came from loans, primarily to Tesla, and the US Nuclear industry, whereas the majority of the $780M in losses came from the 1705 Renewable Energy Program that the Obama adminstration carved out of the original funding for loan gauruntees from the 2005 Energy Policy Act as part if his stimulus program.
LINK ?

Spamature

President
I've not posted on Solyndra. I've also never demanded citizens prostrate themselves before the government.

You're so far gone you can't even see it...
It has to do with all the big talk your cons engaged in when this issue was still in its infancy.

I didn't say you did, did I ?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
He is simply suggesting the winger set apologize to the administration. Our government is a lot more than the administration.

I am curious, however, about which type of government you would prefer.
Whether it is all of our government or part of it is irrelevant. It is a patently bizarre wish that some citizens apologize to the government. Geeze!

Re: Government...I'd like an accountable, responsive, constitutionally limited one whose citizens treat it as subordinate to themselves.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
It has to do with all the big talk your cons engaged in when this issue was still in its infancy.

I didn't say you did, did I ?
So why do you seek praise and apology to the administration? Is it somehow holy or exalted? You really want some people to go to the state and apologize to it??

Spamature

President
Whether it is all of our government or part of it is irrelevant. It is a patently bizarre wish that some citizens apologize to the government. Geeze!

Re: Government...I'd like an accountable, responsive, constitutionally limited one whose citizens treat it as subordinate to themselves.
Why not ? When you are wrong and make allegations against people that turn out not to be true. Isn't an apology the appropriate act ? After all the govt is just people doing their jobs.

PEOPLE

Just because you hate them does not make they any less than that.