• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

the simple reason why we are facing another collapse

Days

Commentator

It does have the appearance, at least, of a house of cards.
There's a big difference between real money that has intrinsic value and synthetic money that has no intrinsic value. Real money is wealth. Synthetic money is not wealth, it merely distributes the wealth. If you mint a bunch of gold coins, you have added to the wealth of the nation, while if you print a bunch of paper notes, you have added no wealth, just thinned the currency value. What the banks have done is print so much currency for themselves, that they own more currency than any market is worth, that way they can control how much currency is in each market by adding or taking away credit to each market. There is over a quadrillion dollars "in print" but most of it sits in asset reserve and isn't traded. The whole game is control. They can slap those cards up and fold them at breakneck speeds, and while it may cause us distress and hard times, it really doesn't affect them. In the final analysis, synthetic money is a control mechanism.

What the banks have done is print so much currency for themselves, that they own more currency than any market is worth, that way they can control how much currency is in each market by adding or taking away credit to each market. There is over a quadrillion dollars "in print" but most of it sits in asset reserve and isn't traded.
It is not for nothing Economics is known as the "dismal science." Here's a graph which purports to explain "everything:"

"What the chart shows is that the vast increase in the monetary base didn’t impact lending or trigger the credit expansion the Fed had predicted.

"In other words, the Fed’s madcap pump-priming experiment (aka– QE) failed to stimulate growth or put the economy back on the path to recovery.

"For all practical purposes, the policy was a flop.

"QE did, however, touch off an unprecedented 6-year bull market rally that pushed stocks into the stratosphere while the real economy continued to languish in a long-term slump.

"And the numbers are pretty impressive too.

"For example, the Dow Jones Industrial Average, which bottomed at 6,507 on March 9, 2009, soared to an eye-popping 18,312 points by May 19, 2015, an 11,805 point-surge in just five years. "
http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/01/15/the-chart-that-explains-everything/

You're running around like Chicken Little predicting a complete collapse of the US, yet you seem to think everything would be normal for you after such a collapse.
If I've given you the impression I'm predicting the "complete collapse of the US", I apologize. I grew up listening to first-hand accounts of what daily existence was like for the US working class during the First Great Depression, and I'm expecting similar conditions when the Second arrives.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooperative_principle#Obeying_the_cooperative_principle

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
If I've given you the impression I'm predicting the "complete collapse of the US", I apologize. I grew up listening to first-hand accounts of what daily existence was like for the US working class during the First Great Depression, and I'm expecting similar conditions when the Second arrives.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooperative_principle#Obeying_the_cooperative_principle
So you're only predicting a Second Depression and capitalism will continue to survive. Thanks.

Not singling you out, dude. I doubt any of the doomsday economics are stocking upon on guns, food and toilet paper. They're just happily masturbating at their keyboards over the idea and then going back to everyday living.
You may well be right about that.
I'm predicting in an urban setting, the private sector breaks down before the public sector does.

So you're only predicting a Second Depression and capitalism will continue to survive. Thanks.
You're improving.
This time, you are only half-wrong.
I believe we've arrived at the historical stage where capitalism disappears in the same way feudalism and slavery vanished; what comes next isn't apparent, to me.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
You may well be right about that.
I'm predicting in an urban setting, the private sector breaks down before the public sector does.
In the face of a collapse, even a regional or local one, violence would be most fierce in the urban sectors because of a combination of high density population and a lack of food and water.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
You're improving.
This time, you are only half-wrong.
I believe we've arrived at the historical stage where capitalism disappears in the same way feudalism and slavery vanished; what comes next isn't apparent, to me.
Actually, it's you who backpedaled away from economic collapse to a depression. Believe as you wish, but what you are predicting can't happen without unlimited resources. As long as resources are less than the population needing them, there will be competition, sometimes violent, for those resources.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
We're not talking about simple homelessness. You're running around like Chicken Little predicting a complete collapse of the US, yet you seem to think everything would be normal for you after such a collapse.

Not singling you out, dude. I doubt any of the doomsday economics are stocking upon on guns, food and toilet paper. They're just happily masturbating at their keyboards over the idea and then going back to everyday living.
yet you seem to think everything would be normal for you after such a collapse.

Dude...he says he'll be living under the bridge...

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
yet you seem to think everything would be normal for you after such a collapse.

Dude...he says he'll be living under the bridge...
Correcct, yet he also isn't making any plans to stock up on guns, food or toilet paper which is my main point.

In the face of a collapse, even a regional or local one, violence would be most fierce in the urban sectors because of a combination of high density population and a lack of food and water.
I doubt it.
The state is most powerful in urban settings.
Food and water will be provided by government while suburbs burn.
Maybe the local militia will take over water sales in your "hood?"

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Correcct, yet he also isn't making any plans to stock up on guns, food or toilet paper which is my main point.
Yeah...toilet paper will be the biggest need...and will greatly assuage all other issues. :rolleyes:

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
I doubt it.
The state is most powerful in urban settings.
Food and water will be provided by government while suburbs burn.
Maybe the local militia will take over water sales in your "hood?"
LOL. And that food and water will just magically appear because you have so much confidence in our government?

Dude, look at any natural disaster, massive blizzard or a hurricane and find out how quickly the food and water runs out in cities.

This is my main point; the doomsayers have all these fantastical predictions yet they aren't taking any steps to protect themselves nor their families when the "collapse" comes.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Yeah...toilet paper will be the biggest need...and will greatly assuage all other issues. :rolleyes:
Toilet paper will be worth more than gold in the event of a collapse of civilization....as anyone who has spent a lot of time camping knows.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Not so much for those of us who have experience with urban camping.
Panhandling and looting a gas station bathroom for TP isn't camping. I'm talking about a situation where you can't mooch resources off of others. No soup kitchens, shelters or running water for flush toilets.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
I envision Max (this is MadMax...after all) carrying a huge backpack....full of toilet paper.

Survival!
LOL. Well you've proven yourself to have a very fanciful imagination, but if you'd actually read the thread, I'm pointing out a discrepancy between the doomsayer's predictions and their actions. I'm not making such a dire prediction myself since I know our nation is much more resilient several on this thread believe.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Panhandling and looting a gas station bathroom for TP isn't camping. I'm talking about a situation where you can't mooch resources off of others. No soup kitchens, shelters or running water for flush toilets.
Then we have a total collapse of society. There would be no distribution of goods, not even toilet paper. Wood and paper pulp would not make it to factory...to make toilet paper.

You, of course, state that toilet paper will be among the most valuable resources on the planet. But...it has a limited use policy that ensures the supply soon runs out...and you blew all that gold for a little comfort.