• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The simplest answer to mass shootings.

freyasman

Senator
Who says you can't have both. In fact I would think that licensing would include a universal background check.

Sure there isn't the political will for it now. But does that ever stop wingers from trying to get their legislation passed ? They play the long game. Look at abortion. The majority supports it. Yet because of the perseverance on the right it always teeters on the edge of repeal. They don't shrug and walkaway because its not popular. Look at the political will on the right for the last 10 yrs. They have fought tooth and nail to repeal the ACA popularity be damned .
No.

freyasman

Senator
and you forgot when and where you and the stranger did the background check, you paid for it in cash, the buyer paid in cash and you don't remember what he looked like...right?

Hate to tell you this, but we caught the guy and made a deal...you didn't get a check on him, he's an ex- felon and could never have passed one. you now win the jackpot...accessory to the crime and felony gun sale.
Prove it.

(And guess what? Guys like me get jury duty too..... I got it later today, in fact.) ;)

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Prove it.

(And guess what? Guys like me get jury duty too..... I got it later today, in fact.) ;)
Prove what? He gins up a hypothetical sale and you want proof of something...

if you sold a gun and did a BC for it here in Co then the dealer has the same paperwork on it if he sold a new gun.
all the seller need do to show he did follow the law is show the receipt or identify where they got the BC. If the buyer was an ex-felon or ineligible to own a gun and rolls on the seller it is the same as any other testimony saying someone committed a crime...

freyasman

Senator
Prove what? He gins up a hypothetical sale and you want proof of something...

if you sold a gun and did a BC for it here in Co then the dealer has the same paperwork on it if he sold a new gun.
all the seller need do to show he did follow the law is show the receipt or identify where they got the BC. If the buyer was an ex-felon or ineligible to own a gun and rolls on the seller it is the same as any other testimony saying someone committed a crime...
If that's all you got, then the guy who bought the gun ain't going to jail.

freyasman

Senator
Prove it.

Update;
Had to report for jury duty by 0930, actually got there about 9. Refused to consent to the TSA style security search at the front door. Security went and got a sheriff's deputy, and when asked, I explained that I was there for jury duty and was in fact looking forward to it, but I wasn't going to waive my 4th Amendment right to do so.
Deputy called a bailiff downstairs, and then they told me I was excused. :D
I got both their names, shook the deputy's hand, climbed on my Harley and rode away, lol.

freyasman

Senator
Update;
Had to report for jury duty by 0930, actually got there about 9. Refused to consent to the TSA style security search at the front door. Security went and got a sheriff's deputy, and when asked, I explained that I was there for jury duty and was in fact looking forward to it, but I wasn't going to waive my 4th Amendment right to do so.
Deputy called a bailiff downstairs, and then they told me I was excused. :D
I got both their names, shook the deputy's hand, climbed on my Harley and rode away, lol.

Me, walking out of the courthouse, lol.