• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The simplest answer to mass shootings.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Fair enough. But that is kind of my point.

Binary.

I know. Hence the problem. Our legal system is not binary. It makes finer distinctions.
Of course it does. Who said otherwise? Did I say otherwise? The examples in my case being a reply to the point....we enforce it we don't.

Immigration laws being an example.

afella

Mayor
And that's the point.

Maybe for some, though I'd doubt for most. Gun laws are well Intentioned, it's the enforcement and resulting issues that are the problem.

The worst part about red flag laws or making semiautos a NFA is the amount of victimless crime felons you will create. Some willfully, others not close to willfully. The only reasonable solution to avoiding that problem is to confiscate all weapons in a door to door manner.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
Maybe for some, though I'd doubt for most. Gun laws are well Intentioned, it's the enforcement and resulting issues that are the problem.

The worst part about red flag laws or making semiautos a NFA is the amount of victimless crime felons you will create. Some willfully, others not close to willfully. The only reasonable solution to avoiding that problem is to confiscate all weapons in a door to door manner.
That is not reasonable

freyasman

Senator

Gun control requires gun violence to enforce.

Even if only 1% of gun owners fight back rather than submit, that will be 100 times the violence they claim to be trying to prevent.

No. We're not going to do that.

How is this making a law abiding citizen a victim. I am not even saying the right to own a semi automatic weapon should be taken away. I am just saying we need to inject a bit more responsibility into the system where people are allowed to have guns.

What is wrong with that ?
If I thought for a moment you were telling the truth, perhaps nothing. Unfortunately your track record here doesn't allow me to trust you.

Except for criminals, of course. They don't obey the laws and there will always be firearms available on the black market, making law abiding citizens bigger victims than they are now.
Besides, the leftist push to disarm Americans isn't about stopping the killing. It's about taking permanent control of the country where dissidents will be killed, en mass.
That's the entire goal of the anti-civil rights nutters like the thread author. Good thing most of us can spot it so easily.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't establish and enforce them

We still enforce the speed limit even though people speed on the highway often.
Interesting analogy. Thank you. Just how many speeders get away with it? Answer: MILLIONS DAILY. Most ticket recipients resent the ticket and never change their ways. So it will be with illegal guns. It will not diminish the number of shootings.
FACT: gun laws do not stop shootings. Proof? Baltimore, Chicago and Detroit. But the Democrats don't care about those cities where guns are already banned. That's because disarming citizens isn't about saving lives, it's about gaining power over a defenseless citizenry.

My neighbors are in the Los Angeles area. They thoroughly rejected your leader and his party and in fact kicked all but 2 of them out of the entire 55 federally elected congressional and senate seats in the state in the last election. And one of the 2 who weren't kicked out is going to prison for misuse of campaign contributions.
California's "ballot harvesting" scheme stole those Congressional seats. Everybody knows it.
This is why I do not trust any gun"control" scam presented by the Democrats. And you.

trapdoor

Governor
The proposal in the original post is fine with me. It just means my guns will be like a liberal's immigrants -- undocumented.

He was a Democrat and head of the actor's union before he turned to the dark side and became a Republican.

It's sad to see them grow up and turn bad.
"Grow up" being the key phrase of course. Democrats are children, hence their stupidity and tendencies towards violence.

Aka a bit more state control. And the bourgeois left may push it as part of their one-two punch, but it will be the right that will as always benefit from the masses being politically and literally disarmed.
Every totalitarian leftist regime in history disagrees with you. Civilian disarmament was a necessary step for the genocide that always follows.

How is this making a law abiding citizen a victim. I am not even saying the right to own a semi automatic weapon should be taken away. I am just saying we need to inject a bit more responsibility into the system where people are allowed to have guns.

What is wrong with that ?
How would that have stopped either of the geeks last weekend?