• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The Supreme Court: A Blast from the Past

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
I remember seeing these sorts of signs from my youth.

Impeach-Earl-Warren-Sign.jpg

Given the 5-4 Bush v Gore decision and the 5-4 Citizen's United decision and the possible outcome of the upcoming ruling on the Affordable Care Act, I am wondering whether we might see some "Save Our Republic: Impeach John Roberts" signs being placed in yards.

The issues back then were racial in nature. The rage against the Warren court was a rage against the poor and minorities rise to equal legal and social status under the law. This was blatant racism. Today, the rage against the Roberts court will be one of universal pain for everyone will pay for the horrific Citizens case and if they repeal the ACA, that too. At least we are moving forward regardless of the last remnants of the racists who likely put that sign up so long ago.

Friday13

Governor
I'll put one up for Roberts, one for Thomas, one for Alito, and an extra large sign for this a$$hole...

Leave it to Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia to argue that the Constitution does not, in fact, bar sex discrimination.

Even though the court has said for decades that the equal-protection clause protects women (and, for that matter, men) from sex discrimination, the outspoken, controversial Scalia claimed late last week that women's equality is entirely up to the political branches. "If the current society wants to outlaw discrimination by sex," he told an audience at the University of California's Hastings College of the Law, "you have legislatures."

Source

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I'll put one up for Roberts, one for Thomas, one for Alito, and an extra large sign for this a$$hole...
I'd put three up: one each for the two carpet munchers (Sotomanure & Kegle), and the third for the old w-h-o-r-e (Ruth Bader/Meinoff Ginzburg)