• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The Troll Has Been Retired!

Minotaur

Governor
Dave graciously tried the Grand Troll Experiment at the urging of Moderators and posters alike and soon we found the Troll was actually just looking for a spotlight. As it turned out every single flaw of a troll was already built into the rules as they exist. We paid homage to Troll for nothing.

Mr. Troll, in his greed to be known, became the subject of LOC isolating all the ROC Trolls (and there were many of you) and ROC isolating all the LOC Trolls (and there were just as many of you.) It displayed itself as a conversation stopper: “Troll!” “Troll Alert” “I see Troll” “YOU are a Troll” “He/she/they is/are Troll(s)” which of course broke the rule on Self-Moderating. Reports reflected it “This is a troll and he/she must be banned” the reported post may have read “I disagree with what you are saying, strongly.”

So as you can see where the Troll is concerned, after a fine experiment he has received his Pink Slip. We no longer need his services. He came in under false pretenses and he is now Banned in the Grand Troll Experiment.

We present the evidence ladies and gentlemen of the jury:

Thread-jacking irrelevant posts- See Hijacking. Also see “Off Topic” coming soon with a title of its own

Baiting and bickering – See No name calling or personally attacking posters. See “Off Topic” when it arrives formally or as found informally in rules currently.

meaningless posts removed – See pretty much every rule

Identified through repeated infractions serious – See Infractions but seriously if you are breaking all these related rules continuously you are probably already gone so be-gone troll be-gone!

No Hijacking - See: If they jump into a thread or post of yours to make a personal attack, then that is what we consider hijacking. Also see "Personally attacking poster" and “Off Topic” coming soon.

Flames - See: No reliving old wars from other websites unrelated to Political Jack. Leave your Flame Wars and old website boards and information behind. Also see Personally attacking poster.

We rest our case.

Min & Jen

Jen

Senator
Goodbye Mr. Troll......... don't let the door hit ya.....:ciao:

Loved this post, Minotaur!!

gabriel

Governor
somethin fishy here!!?? lol. did dave ever really exist? and if so, does he still exist?? did you two haridans cook this site up together when you saw slate goin under?? lol

Jen

Senator
Harridans? Oh I love that. Good story too. But no. That didn't happen.

This is the only fishy thing around here: :fish:

Minotaur

Governor
Think of Dave as H.A.L. in 2001 A Space Oddessy's. I expect Dave/H.A.L. (who is controlling this spaceship) to set us free from this servitude.

Hopefully he shows up soon to see his orders in place so we do not have to go back to the dark cell.

G

Greenridgeman

I think there was a Dave.

He lost his ass on this Hellhole, and had to get a real job.

G

Greenridgeman

Flames - See: No reliving old wars from other websites unrelated to Political Jack. Leave your Flame Wars and old website boards and information behind.

Great way you two handled that yesterday.

Oh wait, you two didn't handle that yesterday.

My bad, self moderating again???

It's ALL so CONFUSING!!!!

I didn't understand a bloody word of that .....Oh wait I'll put my glasses on ............................................ Nope still don't understand !

What does it all mean ???????? Are the Trolls now underground ? Or are there no Trolls never were and never will be Trolls ? What does it all mean ??????

G

Greenridgeman

Hmmm, there's trolls under the bridges down the road.

Big, ugly trolls.

Jen

Senator
We're no longer using the word "troll" in the context of describing certain posting behaviors. This post was a tongue-in-cheek way of letting all of you know that behaviors sometimes called "trolling" are all covered in our various rules. Nothing has changed, really, except for that pesky word that has gone the way of the cute little :censored: guy that people also didn't like.

It's all good. :)

I didn't understand a bloody word of that .....Oh wait I'll put my glasses on ............................................ Nope still don't understand !

What does it all mean ???????? Are the Trolls now underground ? Or are there no Trolls never were and never will be Trolls ? What does it all mean ??????

G

Greenridgeman

What a mess you people have made.

I even had a post deleted as "racist" that I had made dozens of times, in mockery of the stupid censorship program.

I mean, what is racist about:
"One coon bad,
Two coons good",
if the obvious point of the post was to point out how silly it all is?

G

Greenridgeman

What, pray tell ,is an "airing cupboard"?

And you people must have some tiny trolls, to live in any cupboard.

Oh Ok ............. No Trolls ..................there is no such thing as a Troll ...mmmmm no Trolls live under the stairs, nor in the airing cupboard nor AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH what was that !!!!!!!!!

HELP !!!!!!

Jen

Senator
OR to make it even more confusing I could say that it was deleted because no "personal" information is allowed about anyone........and my paternal grandmother's maiden name was "Coon".......you'll find that name in the list of Native Americans in the Trail of Tears that ended in Missouri/ Oklahoma (which is where my grandmother was from).

So many reasons to delete that.

But really, we were just cleaning up the rules post for new people that might come to the board. At least that was the thought. Had we deemed it racist or too revealing, we would have said so.

Jen

Senator
Yes. That is correct, Queen. But NEVER EVER cross a Troll Bridge............ or ............did I mean Toll Bridge? I forget.

But never do it just the same.

Oh Ok ............. No Trolls ..................there is no such thing as a Troll ...mmmmm no Trolls live under the stairs, nor in the airing cupboard nor AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH what was that !!!!!!!!!

HELP !!!!!!

G

Greenridgeman

Do I need to forward the PM from the moderator that told me it was racist, and thus deleted?

Or, did I just wake up on the wrong side of the bed, and missed a joke?