• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The Unafforable Care Act

Zam-Zam

Senator
do you know anyone who kept their kids on their policy until 26? I do. Know anyone who was denied coverage before the ACA? I do. Do you know anybody on a policy they couldn't have afforded before 2010? I do.
I don't ask people about their individual healthcare decisions. Do you?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I don't ask people about their individual healthcare decisions. Do you?
1. My son was on my policy until he was 26.
2. Aetna tried to drop my wife for a pre-existing condition before the ACA.
3. Yes, I have spoken to people who either have a policy from the exchange or
someone in their family does.

Zam-Zam

Senator
1. My son was on my policy until he was 26.
2. Aetna tried to drop my wife for a pre-existing condition before the ACA.
3. Yes, I have spoken to people who either have a policy from the exchange or
someone in their family does.
All well and good, but that's anecdotal evidence, and does nothing to alter the fact that Democrat and Republican leaders are in agreement that Obamacare did not live up to the hype and failed to deliver. Like it or not, that's just the fact of the matter.

do you know anyone who kept their kids on their policy until 26? I do. Know anyone who was denied coverage before the ACA? I do. Do you know anybody on a policy they couldn't have afforded before 2010? I do.
It's not the actual policy that right-wingers disagree with. They just don't like the branding. What's important to them is quibbling over the definition of "Affordable". Out of 2,700 page legislation their only problem is a single word.

All well and good, but that's anecdotal evidence, and does nothing to alter the fact that Democrat and Republican leaders are in agreement that Obamacare did not live up to the hype and failed to deliver. Like it or not, that's just the fact of the matter.
Insurance coverage is expanded and the unethical practices of the health insurance industry ended. So... success.

Zam-Zam

Senator
FWIW:

Democrats are bailing on Obamacare.

As many have noted, most of the Democrats vying for the 2020 nomination haven't exactly been eager to embrace the legacy of former President Barack Obama, especially when it comes to health care. Many have criticized the status quo while promoting ambitious health care reform plans—an implicit attack on the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare. A recent poll of Iowa Democrats suggests that voters are similarly unimpressed with Obama's signature achievement.

According to a poll published this week by Monmouth University, just 4 percent of likely Democratic caucus-goers in Iowa want to keep the current health-care system as is. (Note: Iowa is among the states that expanded Medicaid under Obamacare.) That's hardly a ringing endorsement of the reforms Obama and Congressional Democrats fought so hard, and expended so much political capital, to enact in 2009.

Complete text: https://freebeacon.com/politics/poll-iowa-democrats-hate-obamacare/

If you can't convince Democrats that Obamacare is not a failure, who's left?

Zam-Zam

Senator
Then tell us what you want to do about Obamacare.

Some Democrats want to scrap it entirely and start over. Some want Medicare for all. Some want Obamacare tweaked and fixed, as if there's something very wrong with it.

I can't find any candidate claiming it's fine the way it is. Not one. There must be a reason.

Personally, I believe the less the government is involved in my healthcare, the less government bureaucracy between me and my doctor the better. Perhaps I am not alone in that.

Nostra

Governor
It's not the actual policy that right-wingers disagree with. They just don't like the branding. What's important to them is quibbling over the definition of "Affordable". Out of 2,700 page legislation their only problem is a single word.
Not my only problem with it.