• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The War On Wisdom

C

Capitalist

No, I wrote the article is a bunch of lies. The author of the article is a lying when he tries to blame the left for a war on wisdom.
But the left IS to blame for the war on wisdom. Take the words of the left's greatest mentor, Saul Alinsky for example:

The third rule of ethics of means and ends is that in war the end justifies almost any means.
The ethics of means and ends is that generally success or failure is a mighty determinant of ethics.
You do what you can with what you have and clothe it with moral garments.
He also said words to the effect, "While you are bitching about the morality of my tactics, I will have already won the struggle."

This is the immoral darling of the left, not the right. This is the man who created the playbook of the left, not the right. He openly promoted lying, corruption, division, and anything at all in the name of power. And he went against any and every principle of Natural Law.

So don't come to me with this whiny bullshit about the right created a war on wisdom. Alinsky literally wrote the book for the left on how to gain power and it IS the war on wisdom!

when people mature and start their own family they buy their own home and leave the nest to allow their parents opportunity to enjoy their last years with each other in private........

Or some people enjoy being surrounded by their family and their grandkids
everyone needs a house/home of they're own in order to be proud of maturing and accomplishing something in life.

I don't consider buying anything to be an accomplishment. Pride is not earned by buying stuff.

Zam-Zam

Senator
The kitchen table is what we miss - I learned so much from the talk around it, from great grandparents to grandparents, aunts, uncles, family friends and parents and friend parents.

Youth had the TV since birth and now they have the net - they are indoctrinated in schools as opposed to educated and shown how to usefully or rationally think for themselves - and for various reasons the need to work has been eradicated to a great extent in many communities.
For everything gained, something lost. We know have virtually the entire world at our fingertips, but for many, the family structure has become fractured.

Zam-Zam

Senator
Well you seem to be concerned with a mythical “war on wisdom” and what other people are doing rather than doing what you need to be doing, shrug.
It's real, in my opinion.

If it is your desire that I remain silent, obviously you have failed.

It's real, in my opinion.

If it is your desire that I remain silent, obviously you have failed.
Oh no speak as you wish, but don’t forget what you said yourself earlier, do what you can do. The societal pendulum swings back and forth from extreme to extreme, what you want or care notwithstanding.

Zam-Zam

Senator
Oh no speak as you wish, but don’t forget what you said yourself earlier, do what you can do. The societal pendulum swings back and forth from extreme to extreme, what you want or care notwithstanding.
I'm so thankful for your permission......:>)

Charcat

One of the Patsy's
The kitchen table is what we miss - I learned so much from the talk around it, from great grandparents to grandparents, aunts, uncles, family friends and parents and friend parents.

Youth had the TV since birth and now they have the net - they are indoctrinated in schools as opposed to educated and shown how to usefully or rationally think for themselves - and for various reasons the need to work has been eradicated to a great extent in many communities.
I think you have hit the nail on the head, Queenie. How many families today actually sit down and have dinner every night TOGETHER with discussion? I was raised that way, and I learned how to think for myself.

For everything gained, something lost. We know have virtually the entire world at our fingertips, but for many, the family structure has become fractured.
I am actually talking about the wisdoms which are handed down from generation to generation - that and our understanding of each other and such like.

Zam-Zam

Senator
I am actually talking about the wisdoms which are handed down from generation to generation - that and our understanding of each other and such like.

So am I. When the family structure is fractured, that flow of wisdom is interrupted.

Families.....are important.

I understand Donald Trump might be living rent-free inside your head, but he is not mentioned anywhere in the top post. Try to focus, and perhaps you'll do better.
He's not only living rent-free inside the heads of all the progs, he's actually the landlord!

Zam-Zam

Senator
Some more thoughts on wisdom, and its importance:

Being wise means being discerning as how to act after you digest the facts, data, information, and circumstances before you. An individual can have great intellect and be armed with a wealth of information and still make wrong decisions. Wisdom is synthesizing all this information into a proper and right decision.

One achieves wisdom through life experiences, through study, through seeking the advice of others who have proved to be wise in their lives, and through living a number of years and accumulating more wisdom as each year passes.

I don't believe the meaning or nature of wisdom has changed over the years. I believe the factors that influence wisdom have changed - cultures change, technology changes, ideologies change, and individual experiences are constantly in flux.

Wisdom is important because wise decisions often prevent heartache. They can prevent difficult situations from developing or getting worse. A decision not to take illegal drugs because of the data showing the destructive effects of so doing is a wise decision and prevents heartache for the decision maker and those of their circle of influence.

https://www.enotes.com/homework-help/what-wisdom-what-its-importance-407722

Put another way, wisdom is essential in good decision-making. Good decision-making increases your odds of having a happy, productive life. Absence of wisdom leads to a great deal of misery.

My two cents.

C

Capitalist

Oh no speak as you wish, but don’t forget what you said yourself earlier, do what you can do.
Great advice. Defining wisdom and paring off the foolishness of dependence, envy, lies, abuse of power, and arrogance is doing a lot.

It’s fighting the good fight.

C

Capitalist

Well you seem to be concerned with a mythical “war on wisdom” and what other people are doing rather than doing what you need to be doing, shrug.
Ain’t nothing mythical about it. It’s been going on for thousands of years.

What is wisdom?

Well whatever it is, it lasts. It stands the test of time. What has stood the rest of time? Better yet, what schools of thought have stood the test of time and which ones wither, decay, or implode? Examples?

Good living has produced enduring civilizations. Bad ones are destroyed. Examples?

Rome. Brutal, capricious, oppressive. Dead or converted to Christianity.
Aztecs, Mayan, Inca, Urapmin, Canaan. Human sacrifice and cannibalism. Dead civilizations.
Nabataeans. Gifted architects they embraced deception and theft into their culture. They no longer exist.
Third Reich. Horrible oppressors crushed in the bloodiest war in history.

And on the flip side:
Judaism. Began before Roman paganism it endures to this day.
Christianity. A patchwork of good and evil. When European kings oppress, war results. When America failed to exterminate slavery, civil war. When America prayed for deliverance from the crown and promised to end slavery focusing on the rights granted by the Creator and supported by Natural Law she prospered.

History is replete with examples.

These principles that stand the test of time and produce happiness are wisdom. Shortcuts are evil. Pragmatism and Utilitarianism are forever sold as shortcuts to happiness and prosperity. Paraphrasing:

Alinsky: Lying is okay if it’s for the common good.
Communism: Stealing is okay if it’s for the common good.
Nazism: Brutality is okay if it’s for the good of the race.
Progressivism: Brutality, lying, and stealing for the common good are okay if it’s dealt out in progressive bits the people can tolerate.

It’s all foolish and not surprising against Natural Law. What do you think “nature” or “the nature of man and the universe” has in store for the brutal, the thieves, and the liars?

But these things have gone on for so long! Where is the wisdom? Why don’t your “wise ones” crush the fools?

Perhaps it is wise to allow fools to prosper. . .for a time. To allow them every opportunity to listen to wisdom and change their ways without violence. Didn’t America have four score and seven years to rid ourselves of slavery? Wasn’t that long enough? Didn’t Rome have ample time to convert before they were sacked again and again? Didn’t the Hebrews have enough warning to come back to God before He honored their wishes to kick Him out of their lives and removed His protection from the Babylonians?

All in good time. Wisdom is patient.

Throughout history what “works” far more than Pragmatism or Utilitarianism is principle—is Natural Law. Especially if you’re in the long game. And we’re all in the long game. To assume you’re only in it for the short game. . .is foolish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spamature

President
I take comfort in the fact that not one poster here as of yet has refuted a single point made in the top post.

The truth doesn't hurt unless it ought to.

B.C Forbes
Okay
Those values included, in their words: “Get married before you have children and strive to stay married for their sake. Get the education you need for gainful employment, work hard, and avoid idleness. Go the extra mile for your employer or client. Be a patriot, ready to serve the country. Be neighborly, civic-minded, and charitable. Avoid coarse language in public. Be respectful of authority. Eschew substance abuse and crime.”
Oh there is something to say about it.

Often it is very bad for the kids for a couple whose relationship is over to stay together and put the kids through that.

The guy who discovered the structure of DNA did it because he was on LSD.

What if your job is putting women and children out on the street for some big bank ? Do your values really side with going the extra mile for your employer ?

Sometimes it takes course language to get someone's head on straight.

Sometimes your country is wrong. So patriotism is subjective. Were the Iraq war supporters or defenders the patriots ?

Also what if MLK's message was one of respect authority instead of resistance to it in the face of injustice ?

C

Capitalist

Oh there is something to say about it.

Often it is very bad for the kids for a couple whose relationship is over to stay together and put the kids through that.
The point of staying together is not to suffer and make it to death with your marriage contract intact. It is to stick together and love the other when they are unloveable. THAT is what you strive to pass on to your kids!

The guy who discovered the structure of DNA did it because he was on LSD.
And Einstein was stone sober. Let’s not be foolish and assume DNA was impossible without LSD.

What if your job is putting women and children out on the street for some big bank ? Do your values really side with going the extra mile for your employer ?
Maybe, maybe not. Your words are too emotionally charged to decide.

In 2014 I was laid off. Could have been a hard bounce out the door but my employer was decent. It opened up a whole new world for me and now I’m glad I was laid off.

Sometimes it takes course language to get someone's head on straight.
But most often people rely on it too quickly.

Sometimes your country is wrong. So patriotism is subjective. Were the Iraq war supporters or defenders the patriots ?
Don’t know. Saddam deserved to go. On the other hand the Iraqis weren’t starving for wisdom, freedom, and Natural Law. On the third hand, we put Saddam in power.

Also what if MLK's message was one of respect authority instead of resistance to it in the face of injustice ?
MLK was simply respecting a higher authority.

Spamature

President
The point of staying together is not to suffer and make it to death with your marriage contract intact. It is to stick together and love the other when they are unloveable. THAT is what you strive to pass on to your kids!
So that they too can drag their kids through a horrible marriage ?

And Einstein was stone sober. Let’s not be foolish and assume DNA was impossible without LSD.
Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't, we don't know. Fields that require abstract thought are littered with the contributions of mind altering substances.

Maybe, maybe not. Your words are too emotionally charged to decide.

In 2014 I was laid off. Could have been a hard bounce out the door but my employer was decent. It opened up a whole new world for me and now I’m glad I was laid off.
I doubt if there are a lot of families sleeping in their cars tonight who are glad to have had the experience.

But most often people rely on it too quickly.
Usually when people do that in public, it's because they're in a hurry. So we are really just disagreeing on timing not the action itself.

Don’t know. Saddam deserved to go. On the other hand the Iraqis weren’t starving for wisdom, freedom, and Natural Law. On the third hand, we put Saddam in power.
He didn't deserve to go anymore more than a lot leaders. At the time of the invasion, GWB as governor of Texas had presided over more state executions than Saddam, but that is besides the point. It's pretty much agreed upon that the M.E. was destabilized by that invasion and occupation. Patriotism made that mistake possible.

MLK was simply respecting a higher authority.
So were the 9/11 hijackers.