• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

There have been more mass shootings in 2015 than there have been days in 2015

Spamature

President
that still doesn't explain how taking guns away from law abiding citizens is going to prevent criminals, drug gangs, and the mentally from getting them.

the mass shootings this year were all mental cases. aren't they already prohibited from having a gun?

Spamature

President
that still doesn't explain how taking guns away from law abiding citizens is going to prevent criminals, drug gangs, and the mentally from getting them.

the mass shootings this year were all mental cases. aren't they already prohibited from having a gun?
Why do the laws have to take away guns from law abiding citizens to make a dent in this kind of activity ? Also would you make this same argument about prescription drugs ? Do the laws in effect prevent law abiding citizen from obtaining them ?

write on

Senator

Who wants to take away guns from law abiding citizens?

What is your solution?

Do you need the NRA to tell you what to say?

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member

You marked his post "disagree".
Do you disagree with the information...you don't believe that many were killed, or do you disagree with him posting about it? Should it be kept secret? I don't understand your rating of his post.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
Here you go.

http://shootingtracker.com/wiki/Mass_Shootings_in_2015

Maybe you guys should actually read the links before you make demands like this.

It makes it look as if you being foolish.

you look foolish trying to pretend most of those listed are nothing more than blacks shooting other blacks...over 4 shot and its included...chicago alone beats those numbers...

white crime rates have been declining for decades...

the black crime rate has been steadily increasing for almost 7 years now...

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Who wants to take away guns from law abiding citizens?
And I 'd like to see them post a link to Obama stating that he wants to take guns away from law abiding citizens. All he has ever asked for his sensible gun control so crazies can't get ahold of them so easily. And I would imagine he'd like the guns that were banned during GW Bush's 8 yrs in office re-instated. Nobody but the police and Military need the kind of guns the mass murderers usually use.

write on

Senator
You marked his post "disagree".
Do you disagree with the information...you don't believe that many were killed, or do you disagree with him posting about it? Should it be kept secret? I don't understand your rating of his post.
I like that, Nina.

You just illustrated the thought process of right wingers.

D

Deleted member 21794

You'd think we'd at least try to get it down to every other day.

That’s according to Mass Shooting Tracker, which defines a mass shooting as one in which “four or more people are shot in an event, or related series of events, likely without a cooling off period.” Not every mass shooting in this definition results in a death, but at least four people were hurt in each incident.

http://qz.com/515871/there-has-been-at-least-one-mass-shooting-in-the-us-for-every-day-in-2015/
Bummer. Hopefully those responsible are rotting in prison.

write on

Senator
And I 'd like to see them post a link to Obama stating that he wants to take guns away from law abiding citizens. All he has ever asked for his sensible gun control so crazies can't get ahold of them so easily. And I would imagine he'd like the guns that were banned during GW Bush's 8 yrs in office re-instated. Nobody but the police and Military need the kind of guns the mass murderers usually use.
"Nobody but the police and Military need the kind of guns the mass murderers usually use."

Get ready for the onslaught from those that say that they need their firearms to protect themselves for the make believe government takeover like Jade Helm.

:rolleyes:

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
Why do the laws have to take away guns from law abiding citizens to make a dent in this kind of activity ? Also would you make this same argument about prescription drugs ? Do the laws in effect prevent law abiding citizen from obtaining them ?

im glad you mention prescription drugs...

they are LEGAL when prescribed.

they are ILLEGAL when not...

do you want to make prescription drugs ILLEGAL for all because a small portion of the country uses them ILLEGALLY?

same with guns...

and no,,i do not believe anyone who says they only want "sensible gun laws"...they lie...

sensible is subjective...we already have thousands of "sensible laws" to refer to when necessary...use them...

D

Deleted member 21794

What do mass murderers usually use?

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
knowing what KIND of weapon mass murderers use 9 times out of 10 says a lot...assault or semi-automatic weapons almost every time.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
I like that, Nina.

You just illustrated the thought process of right wingers.
The buttons here are a JOKE. They are disliking or disagreeing with the person...not what the person says. Hell, some go down the line marking dislike or disagree depending on the person who wrote it without even reading the posts.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
"Nobody but the police and Military need the kind of guns the mass murderers usually use."

Get ready for the onslaught from those that say that they need their firearms to protect themselves for the make believe government takeover like Jade Helm.

:rolleyes:
Anyone who states they NEED a gun that will kill 20 six yr old children (as in the Sandy Hook shooting) in a minute is sick in the head. Yes...we probably will hear from some like that.

D

Deleted member 21794

knowing what KIND of weapon mass murderers use 9 times out of 10 says a lot...assault or semi-automatic weapons almost every time.
*Assault weapons* are rarely used to commit murders.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8

Let's assume EVERY murder committed with a rifle was an *assault weapon*. That would mean that TWO PERCENT of murders are committed with an *assault weapon*, based on the 2011 data.

That doesn't sound like a very effective way to fight crime, especially given more murders are committed with blunt objects and four times as many murders with knives.

I suggest you go from hysterical to rational and think the issue through.

Charcat

One of the Patsy's
We already have sensible gun control laws. They work with law-abiding people. Not with crazies or criminals. How would the laws be changed to fix that?