• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

There is a lie being told that investment income is double taxed.

connieb

Senator
When you find some let me know... cause I don't think people like you describe run for office very often. They are too busy being "real" people.

connie

As an investor you pay taxes on your net annual capital gains and losses can be used to balance gains.
False, as specified by the next statement, you can only deduct a maximum of $3000 in losses.

"If your capital losses exceed your capital gains, the amount of the excess loss that can be claimed is the lesser of $3,000, ($1,500 if you are married filing separately)"

So the maximum loss you can deduct in any given year is 3000.

And in fact Dividends on corporate investments are paid on net profits after the corporate tax rate has been been deducted. That's what dividends are, sharing net profits with shareholder.

mark14

Council Member
You can't read. I said losses can be used to balance gains and it says ""If your capital losses exceed your capital gains..." so it is talking about claiming losses beyond what are used to balance your gains. And losses can apparently be carried over to the following year as well. Sheesh.

gabriel

Governor
what part of the word INCOME confused you junior. the money invested isnt investment income. was this a revelation from heaven for you? lol