• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

There is no such thing as "a career public servant"

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Are you upset at how corrupt the right has become ?

You see that they are about to let a clearly guilty man get away with crime he and his underlings have confessed to. Yet you will not post on that elephant in the room specifically.

So it is that you have to couch your frustration in an attack against the entire system in order to not offend your fellow cons ?

Just wondering...
You will note that my comments in this strand as well as the OP itself comport entirely consistently with my posting history across varied administrations over the years - both in this forum and Slate before it.

...No, wait...you won’t...because that would entail actual honesty, decency, integrity, and good faith.

Carry on, liars. As you were.

Spamature

President
You will note that my comments in this strand as well as the OP itself comport entirely consistently with my posting history across varied administrations over the years - both in this forum and Slate before it.

...No, wait...you won’t...because that would entail actual honesty, decency, integrity, and good faith.

Carry on, liars. As you were.
But do you admit that the current corruption I have outlined is beyond the pale in regards to anything we have seen before ? They are going to let a guilty man go and taint a Constitution process. They are willing to make him essentially a King who answers to no one, purely to keep their decades long govt jobs in the House and Senate.

IMO an honest and in good faith post about this craven act would show the kind of integrity you purport to have.

freyasman

Senator
Why can't you answer the questions?

So all civilian DOD employees are out. Every engineer at NASA done...we'll hire high school grads to replace them. Doctors and researchers at NIH...no real skills there, right? No need for scientists and inspectors at the FDA.
You know why military personnel are moved around every few years instead of being allowed to stay at one duty station for their entire career?
Because if you don't, they form their own little mafias and start pursuing their own agenda, rather than the military's. They create networks of control that the command can't do shit about....... the only defense is to scatter everyone at random intervals.
You think that doesn't happen with DOD employees?o_O

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You know why military personnel are moved around every few years instead of being allowed to stay at one duty station for their entire career?
Because if you don't, they form their own little mafias and start pursuing their own agenda, rather than the military's. They create networks of control that the command can't do shit about....... the only defense is to scatter everyone at random intervals.
You think that doesn't happen with DOD employees?o_O
I worked with the same people for 10 years within DISA and DITCO.

freyasman

Senator
Which has what to do with how long they were working within IT or contracts for the Navy?

Did you walk to work or pack a lunch?
Well that's different...... usually I'm the first one to start acting like a dick when we talk.

Have you really never encountered this dynamic? The unofficial networks and department fiefdoms and such?
I learned about them the hard way myself.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Well that's different...... usually I'm the first one to start acting like a dick when we talk.

Have you really never encountered this dynamic? The unofficial networks and department fiefdoms and such?
I learned about them the hard way myself.
No, you still are.
Your question is not relevant to the post you wrote or my response.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Google the topic. It's rampant among government workers, especially the lifers who know they can't get fired; you know, the ones you're supporting here.
In fact it is easy to restrict access to web sites that are deemed inappropriate. You claim it is rampant and yet your proof is that one guy got caught and only because he corrupted a network with a virus. I have to wonder why their network is so easily breached...and why there is no enforcement of access to unacceptable web sites. My employer doesn't even allow access to PJ or my personal email.

Spamature

President
Rick would have us throw them out after a couple of years so we'd always have green, newby cops and firefighters, etc. And god forbid we have scientists willing to work their entire career for US.
Funny how you see the complaints about red tape as in how complicated the govt is.

Yet at the same time you see complaints that people shouldn't work for the govt long enough to understand its complexity.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
But do you admit that the current corruption I have outlined is beyond the pale in regards to anything we have seen before ? They are going to let a guilty man go and taint a Constitution process. They are willing to make him essentially a King who answers to no one, purely to keep their decades long govt jobs in the House and Senate.

IMO an honest and in good faith post about this craven act would show the kind of integrity you purport to have.
Sigh...you ache to induce me to lay into Trump...whom I cannot stand...yet again? How many screeds is enough, spam?

Regardless, you DO NOT get to turn an OP that is not about Trump into yet another one that is. You lefties can enjoy your liars’ circle to your hearts’ content - I’ll just note you for what you are.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Funny how you see the complaints about red tape as in how complicated the govt is.

Yet at the same time you see complaints that people shouldn't work for the govt long enough to understand its complexity.
Now this is funny. The least gifted among us (public employees) are now a very necessary bulwark against the very “complexity” that they themselves create.

Lordy, the republic is doomed indeed.

freyasman

Senator
You think that doesn't happen with DOD employees?

My personal experience is that it doesn't. One IT guy I worked with just retired. Was in the same department for over 20 years.
Dude, out of all the folks I have known, you may be the one who has led the most charmed life..... As far as I can tell from your posts, nothing violent or corrupt has ever happened to you or even anywhere near you.

freyasman

Senator

Funny how you fail to understand that government should never grow big enough to ever be complex.:rolleyes:

freyasman

Senator
Epic white privilege.
IDK what to call it, but fvck..... there were shootings at my house while I was still in diapers, and I was 15 the first time anyone tried to murder me.
I've also had corrupt organizations come after me, and my best friend was gunned down by cops.

But @middleview has never encountered any of this shit??
He has never had to deal with or even personally witness any kind of violence of criminal behavior?o_O

WTFF?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Dude, out of all the folks I have known, you may be the one who has led the most charmed life..... As far as I can tell from your posts, nothing violent or corrupt has ever happened to you or even anywhere near you.
Dude, out of all the folks I have known, you have led the most cursed life. As far as I can tell from your posts, you live in a combat zone and every single encounter with another human being is either someone who wants to rob you or kill you. Maybe it is you. Try finding a new trailer park to live in.