• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

These riots are a God send...

EatTheRich

President
Reparations for every living slave, paid by every living slave owner!
We could start by seizing the wealth of all these companies and turning it over to the people employed against their will by them.

EatTheRich

President
We're not going to get anywhere if you keep lying.
Where are you trying to get anyway, bringing in all these weak ad hominem attacks based on premises you invent (I’m a Democrat, I own not only a house but a lavish house in “Whitesville”) because you can’t address the arguments I make so you have to attack me personally?

Joe in Tulsa

Council Member
We could start by seizing the wealth of all these companies and turning it over to the people employed against their will by them.
I do think there needs to be some prison reforms. I also believe that being in jail because you were convicted of a crime is different than slavery. I understand that some crimes people are convicted of should be considered crimes in the first place.

That would only be true if every region of the continent had equal infrastructure
You're kidding, right? Need is what gets infrastructure built. Infrastructure is not built and then a need found (except in China of course ha ha... [edit: or maybe Hoover Dam]).

and nearby resources.
Like what? Or that isn't shippable like it already is with the current trade?

As it stands, some places are simply more efficient places to employ people than others.
Nonsense.

Besides if there are 25M illegals, 20M being Mexican nationals sending them back, and if they settled mostly on the Mexican-American border, you'd be sending back American know how, American education, a subset of American values, and American expectations of their government on our border and creating a buffer zone. Meaning that Mexico could be transformed from a marginally failing narco-state into a fully functioning 1st world nation in relative short order in generational terms.

What could you possibly object to? Nothing.

Last edited:

EatTheRich

President
I do think there needs to be some prison reforms. I also believe that being in jail because you were convicted of a crime is different than slavery. I understand that some crimes people are convicted of should be considered crimes in the first place.
What sorts of reforms do you favor?

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Yeah I heard him talk about this and he makes a pretty good case. I believe he got the figure by adding up all of our foreign aid over the years, and his argument is "you sent $14 trillion to developing (foreign) nations, why wouldn't you spend a like amount on your own undeveloped areas?" I can't think of a good answer to that question, can you? You (Republicans) lie down with dogs (big spenders), support their "foreign aid," well you're going to end up with fleas.
How much money have we already spent in these 'undeveloped' areas since the 60's? The figure is out there if you care to look.

Has it done any good?

Short answer: No.

EatTheRich

President
You're kidding, right? Need is what gets infrastructure built. Infrastructure is not built and then a need found (except in China of course ha ha).

Like what? Or that isn't shippable like it already is with the current trade?

Nonsense.

Besides if there are 25M illegals, 20M being Mexican nationals sending them back, and if they settled mostly on the Mexican-American border, you'd be sending back American know how, American education, a subset of American values, and American expectations of their government on our border and creating a buffer zone. Meaning that Mexico could be transformed from a marginally failing narco-state into a fully functioning 1st world nation in relative short order in generational terms.

What could you possibly object to? Nothing.
Ok, so if we are gonna have big government telling people where to live and work with the goals of improving living conditions in the U.S. and Mexico, shouldn’t it be part of an economic plan for a confederated alliance of those nations?

EatTheRich

President
How much money have we already spent in these 'undeveloped' areas since the 60's? The figure is out there if you care to look.

Has it done any good?

Short answer: No.
Unless you count the dramatic reduction in poverty and the huge rise in life expectancy and literacy.

EatTheRich

President
Are you American dreaming to buy your own home? If not then why not?
Because home ownership is a sucker bet. Not only is it one of the worst investments you can make in a boom market (granted this isn’t one), it also gives you a stake in the capitalist system, i.e., gives the billionaires leverage by which to control you.

Ok, so if we are gonna have big government telling people where to live and work with the goals of improving living conditions in the U.S. and Mexico, shouldn’t it be part of an economic plan for a confederated alliance of those nations?
No, who said big government is telling people where to live? Who thinks like that? Oh, yeah, people who think big government should tell people where to live and that of course is you. That is your natural inclination. Bad habit you should get out of. ;0)

Where are you trying to get anyway, bringing in all these weak ad hominem attacks based on premises you invent (I’m a Democrat, I own not only a house but a lavish house in “Whitesville”) because you can’t address the arguments I make so you have to attack me personally?
Your arguments are hypocritical, and thus irrelevant. They (and you) cannot be taken seriously because you're not even willing to do what you're advocating others do. Get your own house in order and then you can ask others to do so.

Because home ownership is a sucker bet. Not only is it one of the worst investments you can make in a boom market (granted this isn’t one), it also gives you a stake in the capitalist system, i.e., gives the billionaires leverage by which to control you.
Most people buy homes in order to live free and as they see fit. They pay for it and often get fortunate enough to be able to use the home, upon sale, as a source of money to pay for retirement.

You probably read too much of Rich Dad, Poor Dad or aren't reading it well.

I think he's complimenting you in that he expect you to have a home given the intelligence you have expressed or at least the capacity to achieve. Maybe it isn't a personal attack.

How are billionaires "controlling" me because I own a home?

Joe in Tulsa

Council Member
What sorts of reforms do you favor?
The prisons are bloated with non-violent offenders. House arrest for many of those would be fine. Decriminalization for drug use would be great. The outrageous cost for inmates to call family members and to get commissary items needs to be fixed.

EatTheRich

President
No, who said big government is telling people where to live? Who thinks like that? Oh, yeah, people who think big government should tell people where to live and that of course is you. That is your natural inclination. Bad habit you should get out of. ;0)
So you DON’T think the government should be telling people whether to live in Mexico or in the U.S.?