• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

They're threatening to ban me from another forum because they say the user name Pogue Mahone is rude

Pogue Mahone

Legalize it.
This just goes to show how extreme political correctness has gotten nowadays. You can't even say a mild cuss word in Gaelic anymore. Nobody can take anything in good humor.

Should I give in and change my name or should I just tell them to pogue mahone?

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
This just goes to show how extreme political correctness has gotten nowadays. You can't even say a mild cuss word in Gaelic anymore. Nobody can take anything in good humor.

Do the people on the other forum make it worth sticking around there? If so, change the name. If not, hang out here instead.

Pogue Mahone

Legalize it.
Do the people on the other forum make it worth sticking around there? If so, change the name. If not, hang out here instead.
Well I like posting at both sites. I've been using the name for close to 20 years now. Started using it in the late 90's on Slate's Fray forum. Never has anyone been offended until now.

I don't like to use the term snowflakes too often, but we got some butthurt snowflakes here. lol

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Safe Rooms are Full

Hard Call

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

Dude. Always been welcome.

You should bring the show back.. kiss their thoin goodbye

Pogue Mahone

Legalize it.
Dude. Always been welcome.

You should bring the show back.. kiss their thoin goodbye
Yeah the people on the other forum seem to have no sense of humor at all. Take everything literally and get offended at the drop of a hat. The only thing I liked better about it was that there was a sub forum for almost every topic under the sun, and I get tired of talking politics all the time. I haven't decided what to do about the other site but I'll probably start posting here more.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah the people on the other forum seem to have no sense of humor at all. Take everything literally and get offended at the drop of a hat. The only thing I liked better about it was that there was a sub forum for almost every topic under the sun, and I get tired of talking politics all the time. I haven't decided what to do about the other site but I'll probably start posting here more.

I'll dust off the furniture and kick the dog awake.

Hope to see you

Fins

Fray Terror
I’ve been reading your posts for nearly 20 years, you sure it’s the name they are offended by?

Personally, I think fitting in with other forums is sometimes tough for those of us that cut our teeth at the fray. If they are that offended, you’re going to end up pissing them off some other way

Pogue Mahone

Legalize it.
I’ve been reading your posts for nearly 20 years, you sure it’s the name they are offended by?

Personally, I think fitting in with other forums is sometimes tough for those of us that cut our teeth at the fray. If they are that offended, you’re going to end up pissing them off some other way
Yeah I just got suspended a few weeks ago from that site for telling someone who was complaining he couldn't get laid that he should just "fap and win" lol

freyasman

Senator

I vote Pogue Mahone

Pogue Mahone

Legalize it.
Keep your forum name. Screw the whiners.
I appealed to the top moderator and they won't let me keep the name. I'm going to try the name "Skunk Number 1" but if they get the drug reference they may ban me for good. lol

Either way I'm going to have a small footprint there for the time being. I'm on very thin ice with them to begin with. ;)

Zam-Zam

Senator

When Americans travel to a foreign country, they are expected to abide by the laws of the host nation while there, even if they don't agree with those laws.

That is essentially your situation - When you're in someone else's sandbox, you have to play by their rules, like them or not. If you find them too distasteful, you have the option of leaving.

Ultimately, it's up to you.

MrMike

Bless you all
I appealed to the top moderator and they won't let me keep the name. I'm going to try the name "Skunk Number 1" but if they get the drug reference they may ban me for good. lol

Either way I'm going to have a small footprint there for the time being. I'm on very thin ice with them to begin with. ;)
One forum (lefty moderator) got mad at me for using the word Feminal when I described Rosie O'Donnell being an angry Feminal (or something like that).

Dumbazzes didn't realize Feminal was same as female/woman. Some of the lefty gals said it (term Feminal) made them feel bads so the forum banned the use of that term... :p

Pogue Mahone

Legalize it.
One forum (lefty moderator) got mad at me for using the word Feminal when I described Rosie O'Donnell being an angry Feminal (or something like that).

Dumbazzes didn't realize Feminal was same as female/woman. Some of the lefty gals said it (term Feminal) made them feel bads so the forum banned the use of that term... :p
Time was when someone got offended because of their own ignorance about a word they were told what the word really meant and then expected to get over it. That ended when that one republican(I can't remember his name) used the term "niggardly" in a correct manner but was forced to apologize for it even when the real meaning of the word was explained. It's only gotten worse since then. It no longer matters what a word means it only matters how it makes people feel.

Fins

Fray Terror
Yeah I just got suspended a few weeks ago from that site for telling someone who was complaining he couldn't get laid that he should just "fap and win" lol
Can you imagine the crying puddle of goo most of these people would have been if they had entered BB back in the day? They would have tried to have us all charged with hate crimes

Jen

Senator

Oh please..........keep the name.
It's so irritating when people suddenly become all butthurt about something that's been around for 20 years and just can't bear to see it one more time.

Your name sends them the perfect message as far as I am concerned. ;)