• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

They're threatening to ban me from another forum because they say the user name Pogue Mahone is rude

Jen

Senator
Time was when someone got offended because of their own ignorance about a word they were told what the word really meant and then expected to get over it. That ended when that one republican(I can't remember his name) used the term "niggardly" in a correct manner but was forced to apologize for it even when the real meaning of the word was explained. It's only gotten worse since then. It no longer matters what a word means it only matters how it makes people feel.
The people who demanded the apology for "niggardly" ........and others like them........ uhhhh............aren't the sharpest ..........heh...........:cool:

Jen

Senator
One forum (lefty moderator) got mad at me for using the word Feminal when I described Rosie O'Donnell being an angry Feminal (or something like that).

Dumbazzes didn't realize Feminal was same as female/woman. Some of the lefty gals said it (term Feminal) made them feel bads so the forum banned the use of that term... :p

Lefties = not quite right.

One forum (lefty moderator) got mad at me for using the word Feminal when I described Rosie O'Donnell being an angry Feminal (or something like that).

Dumbazzes didn't realize Feminal was same as female/woman. Some of the lefty gals said it (term Feminal) made them feel bads so the forum banned the use of that term... :p
Penis-Envy Piranhas

Femininnies should go take a dyke.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
This just goes to show how extreme political correctness has gotten nowadays. You can't even say a mild cuss word in Gaelic anymore. Nobody can take anything in good humor.

Should I give in and change my name or should I just tell them to pogue mahone?
I am not understanding what the beef is with your nickname. I haven't been explicitly threatened with a ban,but one site owner has sorta walked right up to that line with a beef over my avatar.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
The only thing I liked better about it was that there was a sub forum for almost every topic under the sun, and I get tired of talking politics all the time.
There are some sub-forums here for other stuff besides politics.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I get it now. Looked it up on Urban Dictionary. They are snowflakes if they're banning you for that.

Fins

Fray Terror
I am not understanding what the beef is with your nickname. I haven't been explicitly threatened with a ban,but one site owner has sorta walked right up to that line with a beef over my avatar.
I’m worried about the world that today’s kids are going to end up with. Almost all comedy is going to be banned and history is going to be white washed of important people for fear of offending someone. Best case, the world will be boring and sad. Worst case, it will be the perfect setup for a Hitler or Stalin type to rise up and slip into power.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I’m worried about the world that today’s kids are going to end up with. Almost all comedy is going to be banned and history is going to be white washed of important people for fear of offending someone. Best case, the world will be boring and sad. Worst case, it will be the perfect setup for a Hitler or Stalin type to rise up and slip into power.
Exactly, I have 3 daughters, 2 granddaughters, a great granddaughter, 2 yr old grandson and a grandson on the way this year and IMO none of them have a chance in hell enjoying the life I've enjoyed for 69 years.

Damn, Confederate Railroad cut from Illinois fair due to name and a hell of a great band and it's just going to get worse and I hope I live long enough to help them fight the fight they going to have to fight to remain FREE.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
Exactly, I have 3 daughters, 2 granddaughters, a great granddaughter, 2 yr old grandson and a grandson on the way this year and IMO none of them have a chance in hell enjoying the life I've enjoyed for 69 years.

Damn, Confederate Railroad cut from Illinois fair due to name and a hell of a great band and it's just going to get worse and I hope I live long enough to help them fight the fight they going to have to fight to remain FREE.
F confederate anything. We beat them in the war, they can hit the road.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
This just goes to show how extreme political correctness has gotten nowadays. You can't even say a mild cuss word in Gaelic anymore. Nobody can take anything in good humor.

WHAT?? How dare they

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member

I remember you from the Fray, never saw you out of hand,well to much, after all it was the Fray, remember WSBA an Col Bullkurtz!
keep the name and tell em to pound sand, its an electrical term don't you know.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
Agree, Republicans won that war; Democrats lost. Same place we're headed in 2020.
Exactly - liberals won the war; conservatives lost. Same place we're headed in 2020.

That’s why cons are the only ones flying the confederate surrender flag. ; j

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Exactly - liberals won the war; conservatives lost. Same place we're headed in 2020.

That’s why cons are the only ones flying the confederate surrender flag. ; j
600,000+ died over Northern tariffs and cotton...…………..PUNK...you don't have the balls for COMBAT...……….