• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Thinking about a retirement fund?

fairsheet

Senator
A great video, thanks for posting Wahbooz. It is even more dire out there than what was mentioned in the video. Most of the Public sector pensions are way under funded and will go bankrupt or will be readjusted to give people way less than they expect.

A lot of people use fund managers to manage their money, all these guys do is move the money from your account to theirs. The big solid name companies are as bad as the fly by night little companies. Years ago I tried a fund manager and only after a couple months I knew things were not right and made an appointment to revue the account activity. The guy was making a lot of stupid trades, but he was making good money because of the trade fees. He was basically eating all the profit by the old game of churning. I immediately withdrew my money and opened a SepIRA that I manage and it has worked great.
I still have a couple of 401k from several employers that I let ride as a comparison to my own trading and management. These 401k plans make about 6% return a year, my SepIra makes 50-75% a year return. Its a lot of work but for those differences it is well worth it.

The old idea of putting your money in a good solid company and never touching it. Corporate life cycles are very short as i market volatility issues. To me long term investing is about a year. You can do just as well by buying leap options as you can by buying the stock for about a tenth of the price.

If you are going to make money you need to learn how to make money in down markets and protect your existing holdings from huge loses. Investment strategies like collars need to be used. Without dong these things your just rolling the dice in a rigged system and you will lose your money. By studying and understanding market behavior it can be beaten.

Before you ever make a real trade, do some pretend trading (paper trading) and get comfortable with everything. I traded for a year on paper before I made a real trade. It payed off as the first year I was just shy of a million profit. In the 2008 disaster there was little time to react, but there were warnings leading up to the market crash. I bet heavy on the down side and made more than the good years on the upside. You must act fast and have the courage of your convictions.

Pensions and social security will be soon gone, so people need to take charge of their own fate. Most people remain ignorant of investment issues and will pay for it in old age.

I get mad every time think of the investment bankers and money handling, its all set up to make them rich on your money. Half these people should be in jail.

Your reference to "churning" hints at why I think people of ALL political stripes should be interested in some sort of "per-transaction" tax, as an efficient means of collecting revenue. The per transaction tax could be miniscule, but would amount to $billions based on the incredible volume. It might not put a dent in daily number of transactions but, at least it would take some sort of societal vig.

The problem is, those on the left would insist on a number that DOES put some sort of heat on the investor class. And, those on the right would insist that no matter how low the number, it would negatively impact access to capital.

Fast Eddy

Mayor
Your reference to "churning" hints at why I think people of ALL political stripes should be interested in some sort of "per-transaction" tax, as an efficient means of collecting revenue. The per transaction tax could be miniscule, but would amount to $billions based on the incredible volume. It might not put a dent in daily number of transactions but, at least it would take some sort of societal vig.

The problem is, those on the left would insist on a number that DOES put some sort of heat on the investor class. And, those on the right would insist that no matter how low the number, it would negatively impact access to capital.
As a guy who trades every day I am dead set against a transaction fee tax. If you make 100 trades a day the numbers get big very fast. I used to trade at that rate, but have cut back. Its the same as compounding. The fee would greatly eat into your profits. To me its applying a special tax to a business that others don't have. How you view it all depends on where you stand, like everything in life, a perspective.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
As a guy who trades every day I am dead set against a transaction fee tax. If you make 100 trades a day the numbers get big very fast. I used to trade at that rate, but have cut back. Its the same as compounding. The fee would greatly eat into your profits. To me its applying a special tax to a business that others don't have. How you view it all depends on where you stand, like everything in life, a perspective.
precisely,,it penalizes individuals that take the time to research, and understand what is intentionally confusing and obfuscated..and "big business" does not like that...