• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Third World Countries

EatTheRich

President
That is certainly one way to look at it...the other is that Nato wanted to prevent a slaughter. Too bad they didn't act to help the rebels in Syria.

Were you thinking it would be better for the people of Libya to be enduring Gaddafi for a few more decades? After all, it was Libyans who rose up against him and it was foreign mercenaries who were the army keeping him in power.
No, Gaddafi was a reactionary and brutal thug. But your "white man's burden" argument taken to its logical conclusion would restore colonial rule (and the associated plunder) worldwide ... for the good of the oppressed natives, of course.

He did some positive things. But what about his pitting tribes against each other for power, financing terrorism, wars, and coups, including the coup that overthrew Sankara, persecuting minorities, arbitrary arrests, and torture?
Not one single 'Caesar' has held on to power through good deeds alone - not even James I. The West always demonized Gaddafi, always 'cos he never was their puppet - they blamed him for anything and everything they felt like blaming him for for various reasons -

Some positive things? Some? Good God - if any leader were close to your perfection Gaddafi was it.

A decent home being a human right which no other person can own - he took almost the whole of Libya out of tents and hovels - 'I will house the whole of Libya before I house my own parents'

Equality for women and black people

Any one who wanted to farm was set up with a house and all the materials they needed

Electricity was free for all

Petrol cost pennies

Free health care,the best set up in the world - if the care was not available in Libya, they paid for it abroad

Free education - including education abroad which the Gov paid for ( all those little Libyan students in the UK and US protesting against Gaddafi - education ceased as soon as he was gone - they were sweet giggling little things who now just pray to Allah)

$5000 for a new mother to spend on her and the child.

Help for newly married couples

Help in buying a new car - Go paid %50 of it

The great man made river was the greatest irrigation project ever built - taking water to every one in Libya

No interest rate on Banks loans - by law

The country had no debts - the bank was state owned - ever citizen got a % of oil profits in the account eery year,

And on and on -

Last edited:

freyasman

Senator
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/01/what_i_learned_in_peace_corps_in_africa_trump_is_right.html
From the link;
The Ten Commandments were not disobeyed – they were unknown. The value system was the exact opposite. You were supposed to steal everything you can to give to your own relatives. There are some Westernized Africans who try to rebel against the system. They fail.

We hear a lot about the kleptocratic elites of Africa. The kleptocracy extends through the whole society. My town had a medical clinic donated by international agencies. The medicine was stolen by the medical workers and sold to the local store. If you were sick and didn't have money, drop dead. That was normal.

So here in the States, when we discovered that my 98-year-old father's Muslim health aide from Nigeria had stolen his clothes and wasn't bathing him, I wasn't surprised. It was familiar.

In Senegal, corruption ruled, from top to bottom. Go to the post office, and the clerk would name an outrageous price for a stamp. After paying the bribe, you still didn't know it if it would be mailed or thrown out. That was normal.

One of my most vivid memories was from the clinic. One day, as the wait grew hotter in the 110-degree heat, an old woman two feet from the medical aides – who were chatting in the shade of a mango tree instead of working – collapsed to the ground. They turned their heads so as not to see her and kept talking. She lay there in the dirt. Callousness to the sick was normal.

Americans think it is a universal human instinct to do unto others as you would have them do unto you. It's not. It seems natural to us because we live in a Bible-based Judeo-Christian culture.

We think the Protestant work ethic is universal. It's not. My town was full of young men doing nothing. They were waiting for a government job. There was no private enterprise. Private business was not illegal, just impossible, given the nightmare of a third-world bureaucratic kleptocracy. It is also incompatible with Senegalese insistence on taking care of relatives.

All the little stores in Senegal were owned by Mauritanians. If a Senegalese wanted to run a little store, he'd go to another country. The reason? Your friends and relatives would ask you for stuff for free, and you would have to say yes. End of your business. You are not allowed to be a selfish individual and say no to relatives. The result: Everyone has nothing.

The more I worked there and visited government officials doing absolutely nothing, the more I realized that no one in Senegal had the idea that a job means work. A job is something given to you by a relative. It provides the place where you steal everything to give back to your family.

I couldn't wait to get home. So why would I want to bring Africa here? Non-Westerners do not magically become American by arriving on our shores with a visa.

For the rest of my life, I enjoyed the greatest gift of the Peace Corps: I love and treasure America more than ever. I take seriously my responsibility to defend our culture and our country and pass on the American heritage to the next generation.

African problems are made worse by our aid efforts. Senegal is full of smart, capable people. They will eventually solve their own country's problems. They will do it on their terms, not ours. The solution is not to bring Africans here.

We are lectured by Democrats that we must privilege third-world immigration by the hundred million with chain migration. They tell us we must end America as a white, Western, Judeo-Christian, capitalist nation – to prove we are not racist. I don't need to prove a thing. Leftists want open borders because they resent whites, resent Western achievements, and hate America. They want to destroy America as we know it.

As President Trump asked, why would we do that?

We have the right to choose what kind of country to live in. I was happy to donate a year of my life as a young woman to help the poor Senegalese. I am not willing to donate my country."

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/01/what_i_learned_in_peace_corps_in_africa_trump_is_right.html#ixzz54SCeqOVQ
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

middleview

President
Supporting Member
No, Gaddafi was a reactionary and brutal thug. But your "white man's burden" argument taken to its logical conclusion would restore colonial rule (and the associated plunder) worldwide ... for the good of the oppressed natives, of course.
So you are saying that now that Nato has provided air cover for the rebels and Gaddafi was overthrown by the Libyan people...the next step is for EU nations to make Libya a colony?

Bizarre logic. Look...I also think the US and EU should have intervened in Rwanda, rather than stand by and let 500,000 Tutsis be slaughtered. I think we waited too long before doing something about the actions of the Serbs in Bosnia.

It isn't about plunder....it is about humanity.

freyasman

Senator
So you are saying that now that Nato has provided air cover for the rebels and Gaddafi was overthrown by the Libyan people...the next step is for EU nations to make Libya a colony?

Bizarre logic. Look...I also think the US and EU should have intervened in Rwanda, rather than stand by and let 500,000 Tutsis be slaughtered. I think we waited too long before doing something about the actions of the Serbs in Bosnia.

It isn't about plunder....it is about humanity.
How many of those folks would do the same for us?

freyasman

Senator
Yup...that is the thought process I go through for every time I contemplate doing a good deed.
Every time, in say the last 4 or 5 years, every single time..... that I have tried to do something nice for a stranger, they have given me cause to regret it.

I may be a slow learner, but I do learn. Fvck those motherfuckers....

Every time, in say the last 4 or 5 years, every single time..... that I have tried to do something nice for a stranger, they have given me cause to regret it.

A few years back my then next door neighbour died leaving her husband alone - I didn't like the man much, he was almost criminally selfish and not kind to his wife as she was dying, but he was lonely and old and ---well, I thought if I phoned him every evening he could, at least, get anything he needed to off his chest before he slept - he kept asking me to get him things when I went shopping, I always 'forgot' and asking 'can you sew, I need a button sewn back on?' 'No I can't sew!' - I wouldn't do anything else for him but I always phoned him every night until the day he phoned to ask if I really needed all of the skip ( dumpster?) that had just been put on my driveway - only he said 'I have a green house at the bottom of my garden that I'll never use again and you don't really the skip' - as soon as he saw the skip delivered he had hired some 'cowboys' to break up his green house and dump it in my skip - Astounded I said 'no absolutely not, I hired it because I need it' --- next day the wide boy cowboys were filling the skip - I told them to take it away 'he said we could put it in here ' 'I didn't!' they took it away but it was back the next morning, they'd come back in the middle of the night ---- never spoke to the fella again - Even little things!!! A young woman, who was afraid to work alone, kept asking if she could work from my place, she was unreliable but in the end I said ok - she filled her diary so that it was hard for me to work too since I vetted all of hers 'no nasties in my place! and she did attract a few!--- we did often work together but they were mine not hers --- and then just before Christmas one year -' Oh, I'm tired, I don't feel like getting up today - if I text you their numbers will you cancel all my clients for me - all and forver !!!!! Fini - If they can impact on my life in anyway the answer is no - unless .............

I have, and do still, babysat the dog of a near neighbour since it was tiny - I don't want money nor anything else for it and refused anything she tried to in return - I like her and her dog, I missed my darlings so much it was healing for me to be with a dog, no skin off my nose to sit in her house rather than my own and in other ways, as a friend, she is there when I need her, we are neither of us well off, I don't want another poor persons bloody money for looking after their little pooch whilst mama's away - I'll do the same for other neighbours - as they in return are there when I need them ....... My money has gone and with it all fairweather friends - if I give anything to anybody now it is only of my heart and the heart is a good measure, I find.

But - we only learn the hard way and are never totally immune.... look how I allowed that Poseidon person back into my life!

middleview

President
Supporting Member

I took in a homeless family for 6 weeks. They left a mess. Their dog shit on my carpet and they covered it up with throw rugs. I got them jobs and through his job he got a place to live. I have not seen them since.

Would I do it again? Yes. The reward is not in them changing their habits or in them cleaning my place to my satisfaction. It is in my doing as I believe I should...even to strangers.

freyasman

Senator
I took in a homeless family for 6 weeks. They left a mess. Their dog shit on my carpet and they covered it up with throw rugs. I got them jobs and through his job he got a place to live. I have not seen them since.

Would I do it again? Yes. The reward is not in them changing their habits or in them cleaning my place to my satisfaction. It is in my doing as I believe I should...even to strangers.
If I feel an overwhelming need to do a good deed, there is always someone within my tribe who needs my help with something, and will appreciate it. I would like to help others, but I have a finite amount of time left here and I am tired of wasting it on people who don't deserve it.

My next door neighbour has taken in so many, over the years, until they got on their feet. Hers is the only ( touch wood) house in this street that has ever been burgled - even now, today whilst she was out, some bastard kicked in her door - riffled through everything - and has left a terrible mess behind. I didn't hear a bloody thing. - Only people who know them would pick on their house. I've always had the same troubles with taking strangers in - always. Never have they not trashed my home and or stolen from me..... ditto everyone I know who has taken in those 'down on their luck' I wish it were not so - you were lucky.

On the other hand strangers have often been kind to me --- but I didn't repay them with unkindness.