• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

This election is much like 2010...

Bugsy McGurk

President
In 2010 we were still recovering from the epic GWB near-depression, and Obama inherited GWB's $1.2 trillion deficit. The GOP Big Lie Machine recast itself, and GOP candidates, as "Tea Partiers" who would fix those problems, when they actually created those problems, and had no solutions to fix them. But the GOP duped lots of people, and they seized control of Congress.

Here we are in 2016, and we're seeing something quite similar. We have seen a record breaking streak of 60+ months of jobs growth and economic growth, but too much of the wealth has flowed to the wealthy, with the middle class struggling. That is due to GOP policies, such as their tax policy and many pro-big business policies, but the GOP carps about that as if it's a problem created by Obama and the Dems.

And a large part of the GOP rabble is duped by that, so they look to someone they view as "anti-establishment" - Trump. That's irrational, of course, since Trump is a multi-billionaire who favors the very policies that create the growing wealth gap. But the GOP rabble is desperate - they can only support a candidate with an "R" next to his name, and they are gullible enough to believe that Trump's policies would shift some wealth from big business and the wealthy to the middle class.

Just like 2010, many people are being duped into supporting a candidate who supports the same policies that created the problems they have.

Sheer ignorance.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
Politicians will be politicians. R's or D's, no matter. Blame 'them,' credit 'us,' solutions that aren't, twisted statistics to prove what ain't so, insiders masquerading as outsiders, yada yada and the beat goes on. The real power stays as it is. Nice show they put on every few years.

And the huddled masses are still yearning to breathe free.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Politicians will be politicians. R's or D's, no matter. Blame 'them,' credit 'us,' solutions that aren't, twisted statistics to prove what ain't so, insiders masquerading as outsiders, yada yada and the beat goes on. The real power stays as it is. Nice show they put on every few years.

And the huddled masses are still yearning to breathe free.
The irony is that the one candidate who truly believes that "the system" is putting the screws to the middle class is Bernie Sanders, who is the last candidate that most Trump supporters would want.

Sanders is a little loopy though, and probably not electable in the general election (depending who he might run against), but he is the one TRULY non-establishment candidate whose policies would shift some wealth from the wealthy and big business to the middle class. The GOP Slime Machine would do quite the job on him.

Fast Eddy

Mayor
Yes, the 2016 election is much the same only Obama is leaving a 20 Trillion deficit for Trump to deal with as president.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Well stated post, Bugs.

Ignorance, amnesia, or blind devotion to a party name.. to not be able see what has been happening -- past or present administrations.
It is remarkable how much a significant portion of the electorate can be duped.

I will always remain awed by the GOP/Tea Party lying 2010 campaign that managed to blame Obama and the Dems for the nightmarish conditions that Obama inherited, which resulted in control of Congress being given back to the very crew whose policies caused the problems. Many people do suffer from serious ignorance and amnesia. We're seeing the same thing this year.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
Well stated post, Bugs.

Ignorance, amnesia, or blind devotion to a party name.. to not be able see what has been happening -- past or present administrations.
In case you don't realize this but some people look at the likes on each post

Why didn't you come out and just say it you were refering to REPUBLICANS?
However I repeat my first comment on this sham of a monkey f u c k ing a footbal thread
HYPOCRISY of the left is what this thread is all about.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
:p:p:p
In case you don't realize this but some people look at the likes on each post

Why didn't you come out and just say it you were refering to REPUBLICANS?
However I repeat my first comment on this sham of a monkey f u c k ing a footbal thread
HYPOCRISY of the left is what this thread is all about.
I was hoping you and others would be savvy enough to grasp the other party w/o mentioning names. That's good. :p
And, so you know, I didn't give any likes on this thread... I rated... but not with a like.

D

Deleted member 21794

In 2010 we were still recovering from the epic GWB near-depression, and Obama inherited GWB's $1.2 trillion deficit. The GOP Big Lie Machine recast itself, and GOP candidates, as "Tea Partiers" who would fix those problems, when they actually created those problems, and had no solutions to fix them. But the GOP duped lots of people, and they seized control of Congress.

Here we are in 2016, and we're seeing something quite similar. We have seen a record breaking streak of 60+ months of jobs growth and economic growth, but too much of the wealth has flowed to the wealthy, with the middle class struggling. That is due to GOP policies, such as their tax policy and many pro-big business policies, but the GOP carps about that as if it's a problem created by Obama and the Dems.

And a large part of the GOP rabble is duped by that, so they look to someone they view as "anti-establishment" - Trump. That's irrational, of course, since Trump is a multi-billionaire who favors the very policies that create the growing wealth gap. But the GOP rabble is desperate - they can only support a candidate with an "R" next to his name, and they are gullible enough to believe that Trump's policies would shift some wealth from big business and the wealthy to the middle class.

Just like 2010, many people are being duped into supporting a candidate who supports the same policies that created the problems they have.

Sheer ignorance.
PJ Lib: Obama inherited a $1.2 trillion deficit! Just don't ask how much of it he voted for as Senator! Hey look, there goes a squirrel!

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
I could agree with someone's statement, i.e. today's weather is horrible.
But that doesn't necessarily mean I like it.