• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

This forum is not dying

C

Capitalist

This is nothing more than the calm after the storm.

Political season gins up about 2 years before the election. This is a political forum. So when the politicking begins, the tempo picks up and builds right on through election.

Now because the 2016 election was SO contentious and unexpected the fighting has been extended into 2017. But now even the Hillary whiners are finally relenting and simmering the fvck down. And so what are we left with?

A bit of relative peace and quiet. For now. For about 2 years.

In the mean time, there's more to post about than politics. This forum has more than just a political section. Why not give History, Religion, or Economics a shot?

Post some pics in General Discussions. Throttle back.

Jen

Senator
Depending on how far the Trump haters want to deny they lost the election........ there will be less than 2 years of peace. But I wonder if this time around it will be different. Trump haters are a special breed of people. And by "special" I mean........well.......you know......

C

Capitalist

Depending on how far the Trump haters want to deny they lost the election........ there will be less than 2 years of peace. But I wonder if this time around it will be different. Trump haters are a special breed of people. And by "special" I mean........well.......you know......
Yeah. Special.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
In the mean time, there's more to post about than politics. This forum has more than just a political section. Why not give History, Religion, or Economics a shot?

Post some pics in General Discussions. Throttle back
Way ahead of ya! Good suggestion.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member

You gotta vow to not let yourself be trolled or baited in those forums too. We have numerous members who like to troll,flame and otherwise threadjack those forums too with political horseshiite.

C

Capitalist

You gotta vow to not let yourself be trolled or baited in those forums too. We have numerous members who like to troll,flame and otherwise threadjack those forums too with political horseshiite.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I appreciate your Civil War posts, bdtex.
You know what, Jen - BD's posts about that - and his associated road trips to visit CW sites - are among my favorites as well.

I don't know whether this is BECAUSE or DESPITE the fact that my USA family roots only go all the way back to 1952/1953 (when my parents moved here).

I find those posts fascinating.

SouthernBoyI

SouthernBoy
I really don't care.

I'm interested in family having summer fun... golf and getting ready for deer and squirrel season.

Life is good.

Must suck to be obsessed with losing the election.

SB

SouthernBoyI

SouthernBoy
You know what, Jen - BD's posts about that - and his associated road trips to visit CW sites - are among my favorites as well.

I don't know whether this is BECAUSE or DESPITE the fact that my USA family roots only go all the way back to 1952/1953 (when my parents moved here).

I agree it is great stuff...
My family go s way back to 1600s...

I understand one of my realitives banged Pocahontas.

SB
No kidding

Reactions: Jen

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I agree it is great stuff...
My family go s way back to 1600s...

I understand one of my realitives banged Pocahontas.

SB
No kidding
Cool. Love the genealogy stuff. My parents were English and Danish (dad and mom respectively). All I got was a lousy tan outta the deal...

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Senator

Mine goes back to the 1600's/ Virginia on my mom's side and to the Oklahoma Land Run in 1889 on my dad's (before that but we don't know the connecting points)...... and that makes American history interesting to me.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Thank you, bdtex. That is so true.

Spamature

President
This is nothing more than the calm after the storm.

Political season gins up about 2 years before the election. This is a political forum. So when the politicking begins, the tempo picks up and builds right on through election.

Now because the 2016 election was SO contentious and unexpected the fighting has been extended into 2017. But now even the Hillary whiners are finally relenting and simmering the fvck down. And so what are we left with?

A bit of relative peace and quiet. For now. For about 2 years.

Hahahahaha !

8 years of relentless attacks on the sitting POTUS and now after a little more than 8 months of Trump you sue for peace ?

History ? No need to look into the past. We are heading into one of the most interesting parts of American history. It is being made right now before our eyes. Don't miss the road ahead because you're looking into the rear view mirror.

4/15

Mayor
The original concept of capitalism is that investors and entrepreneurs are allowed to pursue profits because that's good for everyone. Private ownership and free-market competition drive the creation of wealth, and raise the standard of living. So profit is a means to an end. But under Reagan, we lost sight of this original purpose, profit became the end in itself. This led to the concentration of wealth and slow decline in the standard of living for most people, a trend that continues to this day.

Reagan deregulated many industries, in effect destroying competition and creating oligopolies. For example, his deregulation of airlines resulted in every single airline in the US going bankrupt except two. His deregulation of broadcasting resulted in the entire industry being dominated by a few enormously powerful players, like Disney and Clear Channel.

Under Reagan, money became more powerful in politics than ever before. So powerful that today we don't really have elections, we have auctions. The candidate who spends more money wins about 98% of the time. This has made it easier for powerful corporations to 'buy' politicians.

The concentration of wealth created a whole new class of millionaires, but for each new millionaire there were several hundred new homeless. The poor were demonized and Republican politicians and their mouthpieces in the media directed the public's anger at them for being a drag on the economy, while actually, all along, it was the rich who were really ripping us off. The city of Los Angeles installed a fingerprint system to guard against welfare fraud. The system cost $30 million, and it caught -one- welfare cheat. Meanwhile for the first time in US history corporate fraud and white collar crime cost us more than street crime, did more damage, and even arguably resulted in more deaths.

Reagan's deregulation of the savings and loan industry ended in a debacle that cost Americans $500 billion. I wonder how many Americans realize that the current banking debacle based on subprime mortgages is the THIRD huge financial services disaster in as many decades caused by imprudent Republican deregulation.

Reagan also began (or accelerated) the export of American manufacturing overseas. In fact the US govt. actually subsidizes corporations to move jobs overseas, making investors richer and working people poorer.

This aspect will be trumps legacy also.

C

Capitalist

Hahahahaha !

8 years of relentless attacks on the sitting POTUS and now after a little more than 8 months of Trump you sue for peace ?

History ? No need to look into the past. We are heading into one of the most interesting parts of American history. It is being made right now before our eyes. Don't miss the road ahead because you're looking into the rear view mirror.
Hey, what ever diddles your dangle. Trump still won. You still lost. Don't forget that.