• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

This is alarming. The flora and fauna of this planet are under great duress.

Spamature

President

It's probably a Zorse.

No, zebras cannot be domesticated.

They are unpredictable and are known to attack people. To be domesticated, animals must meet certain criteria. For example, they must have a good disposition and should not panic under pressure. Zebras' unpredictable nature and tendency to attack preclude them from being good candidates for domestication. For more information about the criteria for domestication see : The Australian Broadcasting Corporation's Animal Attraction Fact Sheet: Why were so few animals domesticable?

While attempts at domestication have failed, some individuals have had success training and even hybridizing zebras! Common zebra hybrids: Zorse (horse + zebra) and Zonkey (donkey + zebra). Zebra hybridization has actually been in existence at least a century. One of the pioneers in the field was J.C. Ewart, author of The Penycuik Experiments in 1899

The wild ones will bite and kick you to death.

C

Capitalist

ROFFLMAAO

Nice try sunshine!
Here you go, sugar tits. Post #4 in all its glory.

Beside the issue of man destroying milkweeds , the other reason is the weather.

Monarchs have suffered badly during their migrations by storms and hurricanes, killing millions

LOL
DIG around and you still may be able to find a T-Rex
I highlighted the word "weather" where you brought it up. Can you see it? Let me know if you need any help.

Spamature

President
I feel compelled to add at this point that I couldn't care less if every last polar bear in existence shriveled up in heinously agonizing starvation and was soon thereafter consigned to the carpet factory.

I realize it's not directly related to the topic. But it's mean and nasty and brings with it a certain sense of recompense when I repeat it! Of course I also mean what I say.

Jo
Nature needs balance. You kill off something and the things it eats have population explosions.

Killed off all the wolves and then the deer start to eat all your crops.

Do you want us to be overrun by seals and penguins gobbling up all of the remaining fish ?

It's probably a Zorse.

No, zebras cannot be domesticated.

They are unpredictable and are known to attack people. To be domesticated, animals must meet certain criteria. For example, they must have a good disposition and should not panic under pressure. Zebras' unpredictable nature and tendency to attack preclude them from being good candidates for domestication. For more information about the criteria for domestication see : The Australian Broadcasting Corporation's Animal Attraction Fact Sheet: Why were so few animals domesticable?

While attempts at domestication have failed, some individuals have had success training and even hybridizing zebras! Common zebra hybrids: Zorse (horse + zebra) and Zonkey (donkey + zebra). Zebra hybridization has actually been in existence at least a century. One of the pioneers in the field was J.C. Ewart, author of The Penycuik Experiments in 1899

The wild ones will bite and kick you to death.
Do you know how wolves were domesticated into dogs? Breeding. Russians did this with Foxes somewhat recently. Here's a video sample. I can't find the PBS show I saw on this a number of years ago.

So as far as African animals go it has left me wondering how much of it is dependent on the fact that the breeding simply wasn't done.

I.e. breed gentle with gentle over a good period of time.

justoffal

Senator
Nature needs balance. You kill off something and the things it eats have population explosions.

Do you want us to be overrun by seals and penguins gobbling up all of the remaining fish ?
I don't really give a shit.... However in response to that claim there simply are not enough polar bears to make any difference to any of the populations that they prey upon including seals, beluga whales and several other animal populations that they base their rather narrow dietary needs upon. In short if they disappeared it would be as if they never existed. They are majestic to look at. But besides being dangerous they really are pretty much useles.

Now the seals are another matter. The seal protection laws here in New England are so ridiculous that it's beginning to put the fisherman out of business. Seal meat is actually quite delicious. Time to give the fisherman a license to catch seals also.
There really are too many of them even with a healthy polar bear population frankly. An adult seal eats upwards of 300 lb of fish a day. They actually need to be slaughtered back to their far more sparse population of about 25 years ago

Jo

Last edited:
I don't really give a shit.... However in response to that claim there simply are not enough polar bears to make any difference to any of the populations that they prey upon including seals, beluga whales and several other animal populations that they base their rather narrow dietary needs upon. In short if they disappeared it would be as if they never existed. They are majestic to look at. But besides being dangerous they really are pretty much useles.

Now the seals are another matter. The seal protection laws here in New England are so ridiculous that it's beginning to put the fisherman out of business. Seal meat is actually quite delicious. Time to give the fisherman a license to catch seals also.
There really are too many of them even with a healthy polar bear population frankly. An adult seal eats upwards of 300 lb of fish a day. They actually need to be slaughtered back to their far more sparse population of about 25 years ago

Jo
T. Rex appetite speaking.

There is real science that can sustainably manage resources and I'd believe that polar bears fit a niche in that arctic environment that is part of a web that you can't really start picking at and know the consequences of.

Btw, how many polar bears are there in Maine this time of year that eat seals? :rolleyes:

This is about restoring the wolf to yellowstone. Mostly correct but the continued whining about not enough is not true. You can tell because they don't tell you what is missing. I'll see if I can find the original science paper I read on this years ago.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/science/2018/09/07/wolves-reintroduction-yellowstone-ecosystem/973658002/

Not it. It's a pdf... I'll keep looking though if you're interested?
https://www.nsf.gov/discoveries/disc_summ.jsp?cntn_id=126853

Bear Claw

President
Here you go, sugar tits. Post #4 in all its glory.

I highlighted the word "weather" where you brought it up. Can you see it? Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks for proving that you are wrong.

You now see that I did not use the words climate change!!

justoffal

Senator
T. Rex appetite speaking.

There is real science that can sustainably manage resources and I'd believe that polar bears fit a niche in that arctic environment that is part of a web that you can't really start picking at and know the consequences of.

Btw, how many polar bears are there in Maine this time of year that eat seals? :rolleyes:

This is about restoring the wolf to yellowstone. Mostly correct but the continued whining about not enough is not true. You can tell because they don't tell you what is missing. I'll see if I can find the original science paper I read on this years ago.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/science/2018/09/07/wolves-reintroduction-yellowstone-ecosystem/973658002/

Not it. It's a pdf... I'll keep looking though if you're interested?
https://www.nsf.gov/discoveries/disc_summ.jsp?cntn_id=126853
Now the wolves are real contributors....they actually do have a population control impact on their prey.

Polar bears? They're have a far better use as an Igloo floor than they do as a vital predator in a population chain.....I'm thinking they lost their place millennia ago.

JO

justoffal

Senator
And what do you want to do about it?
Make a law of course! Legislate NON-EXTINCTION for species who have outlived their usefulness! Like Democrats for instance....only not with wings.

Oh...and my favorite cause is the meteor watchers.....damn meteors! Once they are illegal that should solve the problem no?

JO

justoffal

Senator
Not my fault they taste good on the grill.... especially after you bacon-wrap them with jalapeno and serve with cold beer.;)
Yeah I mean sheeeyat! Can you imagine if they still existed somewhere what a hunting challenge that would be? Hell you'd need a full on fifty cal heavy jacket ... probably mounted on the back of an ATV.....and hope like hell the first shot does the trick....or that you can get a second shot off fast enough to avoid becoming a snack. Eight to ten tons they say... skinned and rendered probably at least four tons of meat. Now that's a catch! Hey I know....maybe we can keep one and feed polar bears to it....it's about time those furry white pricks got a taste of their own rudeness don't you think?

JO

justoffal

Senator

All we need to do is give the local fishermen license to capture and process seals....the meat is actually fantastic. This ...saves fish, creates jobs, culls the herd and pisses off PETA.

JO

Now the wolves are real contributors....they actually do have a population control impact on their prey.

Polar bears? They're have a far better use as an Igloo floor than they do as a vital predator in a population chain.....I'm thinking they lost their place millennia ago.

JO
Just because landscapes appear barren to our eyes doesn't mean they are. Bears that fish salmon poop in the forrests feeding the forrests nutrients that would otherwise wash downstream. Who really knows how the Polar bear fits in.

Wildlife is a library and each species let alone each specimen in a volume in that library. That library is on fire.

And what do you want to do about it?
Hope that leftists en mass drop dead so that the stress on the environment is alleviated by the overpopulation burden?

I don't know enough science regarding this specific problem to have an opinion at this time.

What do you want to do about it?

@ObamacareForever

Partially informed I'd say I want the use of things like glyphosate reduced allowing milkweed to grow again. I think we need physical answers to what has been considered problems to be cured by chemicals. I think much more of our harvest should be from green houses that use AI and automation.

Last edited:

Bear Claw

President
@ObamacareForever

Partially informed I'd say I want the use of things like glyphosate reduced allowing milkweed to grow again. I think we need physical answers to what has been considered problems to be cured by chemicals. I think much more of our harvest should be from green houses that use AI and automation.

@ObamacareForever

Where I live we are actually starting to grow milkweed so the monarch's have a reason to return and propagate.