• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

This is how I remember war in Vietnam

OldGaffer

Governor
I'm sorry, when did they attack us?
Are you serious? Dude, look it up, you can even use Wiki. No, I will do it for you. For a guy that wants to be taken as a serous intelligent poster.....na, just another Winger ideologue.

1941: Germany and Italy declare war on US
Germany and Italy have announced they are at war with the United States. America immediately responded by declaring war on the two Axis powers.
Three days ago, US President Franklin Roosevelt announced America was at war with Japan, the third Axis power, following the surprise attack on its naval base at Pearl Harbor.

Today Italian dictator, Benito Mussolini, made his declaration first - from the balcony over the Piazza Venezia in Rome - pledging the "powers of the pact of steel" were determined to win.

Then Adolf Hitler made his announcement at the Reichstag in Berlin saying he had tried to avoid direct conflict with the US but, under the Tripartite Agreement signed on 27 September 1940, Germany was obliged to join with Italy to defend its ally Japan.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/december/11/newsid_3532000/3532401.stm

Of course, you might not trust the BBC, after all they are not Fox or World Nut Daily.

Not trying to piss anyone off but this is more like how I feel about war.

A friend of a friend wrote this. You fight a war because you have something to prove, and after you do, get the hell out of there.

The objective of war is victory. Obviously our politicians and military leaders have forgotten this simple theme since WWII. The following was sent by a Marine friend who served both in Korea and Vietnam, he is dead on...

My Two Cents

Okay, I have to say something about the Marine pissing incident. Was it inappropriate? Yes. Would I have done it? Probably not. Would I have done it when I was 19? Maybe. Were there times that I may have done it in Viet Nam if time permitted? There is a good chance for, "probably". I was 22 when I was there and was called the old man and pops.

We send kids a year out of high school to the worst hell holes on earth and expect them to behave better than they did at their senior prom. So many Americans have lived for multiple generations with security at home that they can't comprehend what goes on in other parts of the world. "War is Hell", isn't just something they say in the movies. First of all, you are exhausted all the time because you never sleep deeply. Your body is running on high idle even when you try to rest. The places we send these kids to, stink from lack of sanitation. There are bugs and mold and mildew and trash and human waste everywhere. You are in some level of fear all the time. You have seen, smelled, heard, touched and done things no sane person would ever want to do.

There is no script for war. It is improv at its best. Shit happens and it happens fast. A blind eye should be turned to many, many things.

We have no idea what led up to this incident. Did these kids eat in the past 24 hours? Have they slept in the past 36 hours? What did these talabaners do?

War is about killing people and breaking their things. We have forgotten how to fight. You can't win people's hearts while shooting their Uncle Achmed. We knock down a shit and stick shed, and then replace it with a $12,000,000 hospital! Well, who won that one?

This is how we need to fight.

1. Go in, kick ass on those who pissed us off.

2. Destroy their infrastructure.

3. Go home when you are sure they won't have the desire to screw with us again for at least two generations.

I hate war. I'm glad my Sons didn't have to go to war.

In reference to current times, we will never win the hearts of Muslims. They don't even like themselves, hate their family and kill their neighbors, so what chance do we stand. The only course to follow is to convince them that the cost of messing with the west is way too high.

Back to the pissing kids. Slap their hands, tell them not to do it again and not to try to figure out how pissing is bad and killing is okay.

War is HELL; it sucks, smells bad and is bad for your physical and mental health. Don't sit in your recliner watching CNN and pass judgment on these kids if you haven't served your time in Hell.

Semper Fi,
I remember war differently.

War is hell, but victory in the hellfire of war comes often when you can show the world, while you can fight like a hellcat, you retain some sense of honor and fairness. You don't become terrorists in order to beat terrorists. You don't fight genocide with genocide. You don't gain honor and respect for your own, dead or alive, if you do not honor and respect those you fight and recognize their positions as soldiers, no less than your own.

You don't win hearts and minds and victory as a result by becoming more base and debauched than those you claim to be fighting for their base and debauched acts.

There was a time when honor and striving for a higher plain meant something. Today it seems the aim is to see how low one can go to prove something hollow to someone. There is a difference between the words and the meaning behind offense and defense. There is a difference between honor and just plain based, debauched, ruthless and cruel. The truly courageous don't need to prove their courage to anyone, only the insecure have a need to try to prove to their pals they are "tough". Peeing on dead bodies is a coward's means to try to prove to someone they're tough.

I hope we still know the difference and work hard to maintain it. Otherwise we become our enemies.

Know what makes the difference between you and the reasons you call anyone an enemy and make sure you prove to the world you are of a higher caliber than those you make war upon or defend against for their actions.

Insecure jerks who think they need to prove they're some kind of tough dude as some sort of skewed and miscontrued image of their own nation, military and soldiers that the military is comprised of dishonor this nation, exhibit hatred and only further and exacerbate hate against this nation and their fellow soldiers especially those captured or killed.

Is there some point to becoming terrorists to fight terrorists? If so, what is it? Might makes right? Neanderthals knew that....Is humanity moving forwards or backwards? Who's leading the way or by example?

I was taught do unto others as they would have them do unto you, NOT do unto others as the have done unto you.

What were you taught?

Oorah..

OldGaffer

Governor
so they attacked us when?
This is funny, they declared war on us, but they had attacked us several months before Pearl Harbor, read and learn:

At about 0525 on 31 October 1941, REUBEN JAMES was torpedoed by German submarine U-562. Her magazine exploded, and she sank quickly. Forty-four of the crew survived, and 115 died. REUBEN JAMES was the first U.S. Navy ship sunk by hostile action in World War II.
http://www.navalhistory.org/2011/10/31/first-u-s-ship-lost-in-wwii-31-october-1941/

After the declaration of war, they unleashed their U-boats all along the US coastline, is this info not available on the Aryan Brotherhood site?

DefeatObama

Council Member
This is funny, they declared war on us, but they had attacked us several months before Pearl Harbor, read and learn:

http://www.navalhistory.org/2011/10/31/first-u-s-ship-lost-in-wwii-31-october-1941/

After the declaration of war, they unleashed their U-boats all along the US coastline, is this info not available on the Aryan Brotherhood site?
ok...I'm a white supremicist.... and you molest school kids

pretty shoddy reasoning don't ya think? I mean hitler says a few words and we're in a war where 600k were killed? hardly seems worth it? wasn't that your beef in iraq? they didn't attack us?

how about a little consistency gramps

OldGaffer

Governor
ok...I'm a white supremicist.... and you molest school kids

pretty shoddy reasoning don't ya think? I mean hitler says a few words and we're in a war where 600k were killed? hardly seems worth it? wasn't that your beef in iraq? they didn't attack us?

how about a little consistency gramps
Germany attacked us like crazy, dude, your reasoning is off the rails. Hitler says a few words? It was a DECLARATION OF WAR, did Iraq declare war on the US? Yes? No? Maybe?

OldGaffer

Governor
freedom is a threat to liberalism....
Right wing authoritarianism is the the threat to freedom. Are liberals mandating vaginal probes on women? Did liberals create the Department of Homeland Security? Did liberals institute warrant-less wiretaps? Did liberals turn Gitmo into a 3d world torture chamber? Please regurgitate more partisan hackery so we can list your follies and point and laugh.

DefeatObama

Council Member
Right wing authoritarianism is the the threat to freedom. Are liberals mandating vaginal probes on women? Did liberals create the Department of Homeland Security? Did liberals institute warrant-less wiretaps? Did liberals turn Gitmo into a 3d world torture chamber? Please regurgitate more partisan hackery so we can list your follies and point and laugh.
no. they just voted for the stuff

WhistleBlower

Council Member
would you please enlighten us to the honorable reasons behind the wars of my lifetime? there was nothing honorable about vietnam or the rest of them. perhaps the people who fought them had honorable motivations but i strongly believe they're getting duped. since the kennedy assassination, the bushwhackers of this nation have sent our armed public servants into harm's way for little more than to knock off leaders who weren't playing ball the way the industrialist-banker gangsters wanted them too, so our troops had to go in and secure the mineral resources (usually oil), the agricultural resources (usually poppies) and the slave labor population for the international banking cartel.

what was the honorable reason behind operation just cause, for instance? that little excursion looked like it was ordered just cause manny noriega cut the Cocaine Importation Agency out of the loop and was diverting the coke across the caribe on cuban boats when they were supposed to be humping it into costa rica so the airlift boys could get it out to mena airport.

before you come back at me with some load of cliche crap aimed at pacifists and pinkos, be aware that i'm neither. i'm one of the surviving 60's radicals -- a peace-lover, but not a pacifist and a staunch middle-of-the-roader.
what pathetic drivel. we fight wars for honorable reasons. pacifists understandably can't come to grips with the fact that war and civilian health and well being are mutually exclusive.

the blame belongs on the communists and the terrorists... any ill that has befallen any civilian can be laid at their feet. and they could care less.. like the OP wrote, if it wasn't our bombs and bullets killing their people it'd be theirs

jammer

Mayor
yeah, the freaks run to Canada like cowards.............claim they got deferments.oh well.........at least the cowards aren't living in America.
Dawg, look at the folks you are supporting for president and tell me which one of them has served a day in the military....and I ain't talking no "guard the liquor stores, bars, and cat houses of south Alabama" service either. Hell Gingrich got out because of boils on his ass, really? Bunch of "send some else to die as long as me and mine don't have to go" [Unwelcome language removed].

jammer

Mayor
ya can't even spell Chaney and have the audacity to claim you can't understand what I write.......

repubs that convert to liberalism remind me of those that just got SAVED and become street preachers.......

10-4
Dawg, the Bush vp's name is CHENEY, not ChAney. And yes I understand what you write, it boils down to "I hate Obama 24/7" and not much more.