• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

This is how I remember war in Vietnam

DefeatObama

Council Member
Conservatism is a threat to freedom....

Tag, you're it.
we are for less government. you, more.

how could our side be a greater threat to liberty when the very existence to a unit more of government is at the expense of individual freedom?

DefeatObama

Council Member
D.O., just look up how many US merchant marine ships the U-boats sent to the bottom of the Atlantic...

Are you really that stupid or are you just trying to feign ignorance to make a point?
I'm screwin' with oldYapper... want to see how long he'll engage

DefeatObama

Council Member
would you please enlighten us to the honorable reasons behind the wars of my lifetime? there was nothing honorable about vietnam or the rest of them. perhaps the people who fought them had honorable motivations but i strongly believe they're getting duped. since the kennedy assassination, the bushwhackers of this nation have sent our armed public servants into harm's way for little more than to knock off leaders who weren't playing ball the way the industrialist-banker gangsters wanted them too, so our troops had to go in and secure the mineral resources (usually oil), the agricultural resources (usually poppies) and the slave labor population for the international banking cartel.

what was the honorable reason behind operation just cause, for instance? that little excursion looked like it was ordered just cause manny noriega cut the Cocaine Importation Agency out of the loop and was diverting the coke across the caribe on cuban boats when they were supposed to be humping it into costa rica so the airlift boys could get it out to mena airport.

before you come back at me with some load of cliche crap aimed at pacifists and pinkos, be aware that i'm neither. i'm one of the surviving 60's radicals -- a peace-lover, but not a pacifist and a staunch middle-of-the-roader.
the elimination of communism from the globe remains honorable. that our governments tactics were not, doesn't invalidate the principle. when we fight wars to win them, we do.

WhistleBlower

Council Member
eliminating communism had nothing to do with any of the wars of my lifetime. vietnam was the only one where there was even a communist adversary (unless you want to try and count granada as something more than a botched live fire exercise) and that war wasn't at all about stopping communism -- more like propping up a despotic capitalist government so that the industrialist banker gangsters could easily exploit the oil, dope and coolie labor pool.

Gramps

Mayor
Good response to your critic. The war against Communism was a cold war for the most part and neither side won or lost I suppose and without a great loss of life. Moneywise it was costly for both sides but what we see today is communism teetering in the wake of the long drawnout standoff. This is not to say it isn't still alive but it isn't as well as it used to be. It was USSR's goal to bury us but who, in the interim period actually gave up land?

Nam was a mistake. It happened. WE cannot undo it but we might learn from it.

Gramps

eliminating communism had nothing to do with any of the wars of my lifetime. vietnam was the only one where there was even a communist adversary (unless you want to try and count granada as something more than a botched live fire exercise) and that war wasn't at all about stopping communism -- more like propping up a despotic capitalist government so that the industrialist banker gangsters could easily exploit the oil, dope and coolie labor pool.

Council Member
To lead by example is the best way to move forward. Forcing 50% of your population to live a substandard life compared to the other 50% is not something that leads to people saying yes they have found the right way.

Forcing ourself to become the ruler of the world is not going to happen, but it will make many people hate us as we try.

DefeatObama

Council Member
america doesn't have friends. we have interests. sometimes it's the least evil kid on the block

DefeatObama

Council Member
Would the blacks in the south have been better off with less government?

These folks might not agree that the government does not protect freedom:

http://www.3quarksdaily.com/3quarksdaily/2011/02/strange-fruit.html
the government didn't free the black. American public sentiment freed the blacks. you had a core hillbilly movement who had segregation bred into them. we the people were done with blacks being treated as 2nd class citizens.

we'd be glad to move on too if the professional race pimps would allow it

DefeatObama

Council Member
To lead by example is the best way to move forward. Forcing 50% of your population to live a substandard life compared to the other 50% is not something that leads to people saying yes they have found the right way.

Forcing ourself to become the ruler of the world is not going to happen, but it will make many people hate us as we try.
everyone chooses their lifestyle

DefeatObama

Council Member
Alec, I will take "clueless" for $200. Nice try at recovery though. No one buys it unfortunately. History is not your long suite, is it?
if it is yours the time and or expense you spent to educate yourself might as well have been set ablaze. those who refuse to learn from it as we know are doomed to repeat it. DoomedGaffer

DefeatObama

Council Member
Alec, I will take "clueless" for $200. Nice try at recovery though. No one buys it unfortunately. History is not your long suite, is it?
how do you know those jap ships and planes actually were there on the emporers mission? I think Bush orchestrated it