• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

This is how I remember war in Vietnam

Council Member
Not trying to piss anyone off but this is more like how I feel about war.

A friend of a friend wrote this. You fight a war because you have something to prove, and after you do, get the hell out of there.

The objective of war is victory. Obviously our politicians and military leaders have forgotten this simple theme since WWII. The following was sent by a Marine friend who served both in Korea and Vietnam, he is dead on...

My Two Cents

Okay, I have to say something about the Marine pissing incident. Was it inappropriate? Yes. Would I have done it? Probably not. Would I have done it when I was 19? Maybe. Were there times that I may have done it in Viet Nam if time permitted? There is a good chance for, "probably". I was 22 when I was there and was called the old man and pops.

We send kids a year out of high school to the worst hell holes on earth and expect them to behave better than they did at their senior prom. So many Americans have lived for multiple generations with security at home that they can't comprehend what goes on in other parts of the world. "War is Hell", isn't just something they say in the movies. First of all, you are exhausted all the time because you never sleep deeply. Your body is running on high idle even when you try to rest. The places we send these kids to, stink from lack of sanitation. There are bugs and mold and mildew and trash and human waste everywhere. You are in some level of fear all the time. You have seen, smelled, heard, touched and done things no sane person would ever want to do.

There is no script for war. It is improv at its best. Shit happens and it happens fast. A blind eye should be turned to many, many things.

We have no idea what led up to this incident. Did these kids eat in the past 24 hours? Have they slept in the past 36 hours? What did these talabaners do?

War is about killing people and breaking their things. We have forgotten how to fight. You can't win people's hearts while shooting their Uncle Achmed. We knock down a shit and stick shed, and then replace it with a $12,000,000 hospital! Well, who won that one?

This is how we need to fight.

1. Go in, kick ass on those who pissed us off.

2. Destroy their infrastructure.

3. Go home when you are sure they won't have the desire to screw with us again for at least two generations.

I hate war. I'm glad my Sons didn't have to go to war.

In reference to current times, we will never win the hearts of Muslims. They don't even like themselves, hate their family and kill their neighbors, so what chance do we stand. The only course to follow is to convince them that the cost of messing with the west is way too high.

Back to the pissing kids. Slap their hands, tell them not to do it again and not to try to figure out how pissing is bad and killing is okay.

War is HELL; it sucks, smells bad and is bad for your physical and mental health. Don't sit in your recliner watching CNN and pass judgment on these kids if you haven't served your time in Hell.

Semper Fi,

Barbella

Senator
It seems to be a slow day here today, maybe that's why no one responded (yet). As for me, I agree with the letter writer 100%.

Lobato1

Mayor
Pardon the editing for what I view as the most important part of your Essay.

IMO & having lived a decade in France, with few exceptions the French have never forgotten we liberated them from the Germans that were the foreign invaders of their Country & killing Frenchmen.

But after WWII, we have been the foreign invaders killing native sons in each & every war we have fought & our leaders have always insisted we were being loved for the atrocities that war being war always inflicts on the countries where we practiced total war.

BOTTOM LINE
We as a Country are responsible for the atrocities of "OUR" wars & not the military that all they have done is obey & in the heat of battle shit happens that would have never happened had "WE" as a country not sent our military.

Sad.

Best Regards
Lobato1
Sad.

Best Regards
Lobato1

In reference to current times, we will never win the hearts of Muslims. They don't even like themselves, hate their family and kill their neighbors, so what chance do we stand. The only course to follow is to convince them that the cost of messing with the west is way too high.

Lobato1

Mayor
My excuse is that electronics was my career & writing a reply takes me a long time

In addition to being a senior citizen & that the good old neurons ain't what they used to be.

Bummer.

Best Regards
Lobato1

It seems to be a slow day here today, maybe that's why no one responded (yet). As for me, I agree with the letter writer 100%.

DefeatObama

Council Member
Not trying to piss anyone off but this is more like how I feel about war.

A friend of a friend wrote this. You fight a war because you have something to prove, and after you do, get the hell out of there.

The objective of war is victory. Obviously our politicians and military leaders have forgotten this simple theme since WWII. The following was sent by a Marine friend who served both in Korea and Vietnam, he is dead on...

My Two Cents

Okay, I have to say something about the Marine pissing incident. Was it inappropriate? Yes. Would I have done it? Probably not. Would I have done it when I was 19? Maybe. Were there times that I may have done it in Viet Nam if time permitted? There is a good chance for, "probably". I was 22 when I was there and was called the old man and pops.

We send kids a year out of high school to the worst hell holes on earth and expect them to behave better than they did at their senior prom. So many Americans have lived for multiple generations with security at home that they can't comprehend what goes on in other parts of the world. "War is Hell", isn't just something they say in the movies. First of all, you are exhausted all the time because you never sleep deeply. Your body is running on high idle even when you try to rest. The places we send these kids to, stink from lack of sanitation. There are bugs and mold and mildew and trash and human waste everywhere. You are in some level of fear all the time. You have seen, smelled, heard, touched and done things no sane person would ever want to do.

There is no script for war. It is improv at its best. Shit happens and it happens fast. A blind eye should be turned to many, many things.

We have no idea what led up to this incident. Did these kids eat in the past 24 hours? Have they slept in the past 36 hours? What did these talabaners do?

War is about killing people and breaking their things. We have forgotten how to fight. You can't win people's hearts while shooting their Uncle Achmed. We knock down a shit and stick shed, and then replace it with a $12,000,000 hospital! Well, who won that one?

This is how we need to fight.

1. Go in, kick ass on those who pissed us off.

2. Destroy their infrastructure.

3. Go home when you are sure they won't have the desire to screw with us again for at least two generations.

I hate war. I'm glad my Sons didn't have to go to war.

Back to the pissing kids. Slap their hands, tell them not to do it again and not to try to figure out how pissing is bad and killing is okay.

War is HELL; it sucks, smells bad and is bad for your physical and mental health. Don't sit in your recliner watching CNN and pass judgment on these kids if you haven't served your time in Hell.

Semper Fi,

suitable for framing. thanks for sharing.

I found Hillary Clinton's curled lip particularly annoying among the CYA go rounds following the incident

DefeatObama

Council Member
IMO & having lived a decade in France, with few exceptions the French have never forgotten we liberated them from the Germans that were the foreign invaders of their Country & killing Frenchmen.

But after WWII, we have been the foreign invaders killing native sons in each & every war we have fought & our leaders have always insisted we were being loved for the atrocities that war being war always inflicts on the countries where we practiced total war.

BOTTOM LINE
We as a Country are responsible for the atrocities of "OUR" wars & not the military that all they have done is obey & in the heat of battle shit happens that would have never happened had "WE" as a country not sent our military.

Sad.

Best Regards
Lobato1
Sad.

Best Regards
Lobato1
what pathetic drivel. we fight wars for honorable reasons. pacifists understandably can't come to grips with the fact that war and civilian health and well being are mutually exclusive.

the blame belongs on the communists and the terrorists... any ill that has befallen any civilian can be laid at their feet. and they could care less.. like the OP wrote, if it wasn't our bombs and bullets killing their people it'd be theirs

Lobato1

Mayor
For starters Iraq did nothing to my country & killing communist for being communist

Never did cut the mustard because in the case of Vietnam, this was a civil war that Eisenhower should have never got us involved.

Sad.

Best Regards
Lobato1

what pathetic drivel. we fight wars for honorable reasons. pacifists understandably can't come to grips with the fact that war and civilian health and well being are mutually exclusive.

the blame belongs on the communists and the terrorists... any ill that has befallen any civilian can be laid at their feet. and they could care less.. like the OP wrote, if it wasn't our bombs and bullets killing their people it'd be theirs

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Gulf of Tonkin.............LBJ wanted War in Vietnam sooooooooooooooooooooo bad, he had JFK kilt so he could have his WAR!

Few if any libs will post that truth......March 21, 2012 "BIGGEST VIETNAM HOMECOMING in NC.........one problem, the gawd damn homecoming is 40+ years late and more than likely will become some political bs party.....many of us are NOT attending...........due to exactly that.

Council Member
The point as I see it, is you fight when you have too, you fight to win, and you get the hell out as soon as you can.

Our kids are too valuable to waste, fighting for ideology as we did in Iraq and Vietnam in my opinion.
Someone hurts you, you hurt them worse, that is war. Then you walk away after telling them don't do it again.

War needs a purpose and a reason, it should not be waged because we can.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
well, liberal appeasment has killed our kids (troops) and ya'll now want to cry this shiite............

Troops can't fight.hell even 'O' created a "Restraint Medal"...what the f' is that..........wait until shot at to shoot back...........guess what.........you're dead before the 'O' medal is awarded..............FTS!

Ya really agree with that 8's?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
btw: I have a feling ya went to Vietnam and NEVER saw any action..............

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
NO, it wasn't like 50 years ago...............

if 58,235 American Troops Died and it's "ancient history"..why ya bringing ya ass here screaming of Iraq......troops deaths biatch..

gabriel

Governor
sane folks dont allow their government to send them into hell just because some fat politician wants something someone else has got! they volunteered to become vicious little punks. and thats what they became. let em rot!

Barbella

Senator
Aaaahh....good to know that we don't care about stuff that happened 50 years ago! Remember that.....

I know I will.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
We Old Coots don't care about Martin Luther King, after-all, that was what, 50 years ago.............young buck?

We don't care about light-bulbs either..........unless they be burned out...............

How old a [Unwelcome language removed] are ya.........