• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

This Is How Trump "Loves" The Military

freyasman

Senator
Nope. I've seen under a dozen NJPs for my sailors. We had one that was an alcoholic and did everything to help him, but to no avail. He kept breaking restriction to get drunk until one time he got drunk and then snorted coke. That was the end for him; a short prison sentence and a BCD. I was at sea during the court-martial. There were a couple of admin discharges too.
Well, it's a real learning experience.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Well, it's a real learning experience.
Yes it was and it's sad to see good men go down like that but there's no control over human stupidity. I had one crew chief, a Sergeant, who was funny and a good man to work with. He got busted selling coke in the E-club two weeks before his discharge. What to do in such a circumstance? I was in my squadron but not under my department so I wasn't at the court-martial there either.

Been there.
Dumb Jock Officers Don't Even Know the History of War

The tactic in the Mel Gibson movie, We Were Soldiers, was designed to make the enemy think they could overrun our troops, so it didn't result in hit and run. Twelve hundred VC got killed, as opposed to 80 Americans. But the ignorant generals (only Chickenhawks blame just the politicians) thought it would be easier to win with air power and much lower and slower casualties for our side. If we had fought as in Ia Drang, high-intensity infantry battles, we would have had fewer total casualties and won, as opposed to a long "light casualties" road to inevitable defeat.

On Operation Tuscaloosa, January 26, 1967, our Colonel intentionally walked us into an ambush in order to make the enemy stay put. Twenty-eight Marines died and the 300 VC died to the last man.

freyasman

Senator
Dumb Jock Officers Don't Even Know the History of War

The tactic in the Mel Gibson movie, We Were Soldiers, was designed to make the enemy think they could overrun our troops, so it didn't result in hit and run. Twelve hundred VC got killed, as opposed to 80 Americans. But the ignorant generals (only Chickenhawks blame just the politicians) thought it would be easier to win with air power and much lower and slower casualties for our side. If we had fought as in Ia Drang, high-intensity infantry battles, we would have had fewer total casualties and won, as opposed to a long "light casualties" road to inevitable defeat.

On Operation Tuscaloosa, January 26, 1967, our Colonel intentionally walked us into an ambush in order to make the enemy stay put. Twenty-eight Marines died and the 300 VC died to the last man.
One of my PSGs was a technical adviser on that film.

One of my PSGs was a technical adviser on that film.
Hotel on a Haunted Hill

I was in the company (H/2/5) that went into Hue 8 months after I left it. It was featured in Full Metal Jacket. Its CO made the irrationally smug statement, "We destroyed Hue in order to save it."

On hearing that, I finally got fed up with the Low IQ of military officers.

EatTheRich

President
Obviously not as stupid as you since you regard Obama as a "war hawk", and I never questioned your opinion on bringing the troops home. If that is all you have then you are not a "libertarian" in the classical sense of the word.
Obama was one of history’s most notorious war hawks.

EatTheRich

President
Uhhhhhhh…….. Pardon me, but wasn't it YOU whose top post included the following excerpt from a news article?

"But when he came home, in 2004, Segovia wasn't the same guy."

Look closely; "2004".

So, before you go into your next irrational "I just hate Trump" rant ask yourself why was he was not treating as was required under the law since TWO THOUSAND and fukin' FOUR?!?!?!?

Too hard for you to grasp?
One word: austerity

EatTheRich

President
What does that have to do with saying we should fix the VA, not throw money at it? Like you do with the schools, which has just created hugely expensive terrible public schools? Or are you just moving on from that loss and deflecting now?
My guess is the biggest problem with it is chronic underfunding. As with the schools.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Obama was one of history’s most notorious war hawks.
If that were true he wouldn't have backed down from his "red line". Obama, like most Democrats, was more focused and experienced on domestic issues than international. If anything, like Bill Clinton, he was a bleeding heart who wanted to help "those people". Is that any doubt Assad is a murderer and world class asshat?

EatTheRich

President
Sadly, yes. Politics doesn't make people crazy, but after over 3 decades online, I think crazy people are drawn to political (or religious) extremism. IMO, it allows them to exercise their impulses with justification.

Example: a person feels very angry and scared. By choosing political and/or religious extremism they can voice that anger and fear using the justification of a political or religious issue.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_True_Believer

EatTheRich

President
A calming influence, but not a cure nor preventative. :)
My impression too, my understanding is it hasn’t been formally studied much and doctors aren’t really sure.

It can be upsetting, see all the people who called 911 after eating some in Colorado.

It can be good for:

Nausea & loss of appetite
Glaucoma
Pain
Seizures (?)

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
My impression too, my understanding is it hasn’t been formally studied much and doctors aren’t really sure.

It can be upsetting, see all the people who called 911 after eating some in Colorado.

It can be good for:

Nausea & loss of appetite
Glaucoma
Pain
Seizures (?)
I think part of the reason why people get sick is because it's so easy to OD on the extremely powerful strains of pot available. Especially if ingested since they take some, see no result and then take more. Stupid, but then most rocket scientists don't sit around and eat or smoke pot.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
If that were true he wouldn't have backed down from his "red line". Obama, like most Democrats, was more focused and experienced on domestic issues than international. If anything, like Bill Clinton, he was a bleeding heart who wanted to help "those people". Is that any doubt Assad is a murderer and world class asshat?
Assad agreed to surrender his WMD arsenal. It is doubtful that Obama would have gotten congressional support for an attack on Syria, so the destruction of those WMDs was really a victory. Assad did not call his bluff.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
What does that have to do with saying we should fix the VA, not throw money at it? Like you do with the schools, which has just created hugely expensive terrible public schools? Or are you just moving on from that loss and deflecting now?
I fully support fixing the VA. Schools are more a matter of State's rights since about 92% of their funding comes from state and local taxes.

kaz

Small l libertarian
I fully support fixing the VA. Schools are more a matter of State's rights since about 92% of their funding comes from state and local taxes.
Cool, but it's not just about calling to fix the VA. The point is we need to

1) Figure out why the model is broken and fix it
2) Figure out what funding is needed to support the fixed model

I support fixing the VA, but I want to find out what's going so badly ... before ... throwing more money at it. No good money after bad