• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

This Is How Trump "Loves" The Military

UPNYA2

Mayor
Good question. Now, tell us why he was not deported until your coward came into office with his hatred of Mexicans?
Apparently a good enough question you had to opt out of even TRYING to answer I noticed.
Hummmmmmm….....

Anyway, I have no problem addressing/answering yours.

First off, I couldn't say anything for certain because, unlike you dems/libs, I am not under the illusion that whatever I happen to "feel" or "believe" is always and the only, correct position on a matter or answer to a question.

However, I will offer you my OPINION of the answer to your question. If I HAD to take a guess I would say he was not deported until Trump came into office because all of the prior Presidents refused to enforce US laws out of a pathetic fear some loony-libby political terrorist would say they did it because they hated Mexicans.

Dino

Russian Asset
Just curious here. Do you know the difference between al Queda, and al Queda in Iraq (ISIS)?
Nominal difference. All terrorists and all our enemy.
That being said, al Qaeda is a loose confederation of religious radicals attacking a perceived enemy and ISIS is a violent group of extremists determined to reestablish the caliphate and become the only legitimate Islamist state. This puts them at odds with each other while holding a common enemy.
Any other nuances relevant at all?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Have you ever noticed the dates that are used for Veterans of the Vietnam Conflict? It is from 1955 to 1978. Why? Because the first troops to be placed in Vietnam were put there by Eisenhower on November 1, 1965. The French troops left in April of 1966 making it the US responsibility.
I'm sure you meant 1955, not 1965. As I said, we had about 6,000 troops in country when Kennedy died. Credible sources claim Kennedy was planning on withdrawing from the country after Diem was murdered.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Uhhhhhhhhh………… Agreed?

The article in the top post clearly stated in the beginning, "But when he came home, in 2004, Segovia wasn't the same guy.", did it not?

So why do YOU suppose it may be that not one living breathing dem/lib on here crying for him now gave a flyin' fuk in a hail storm about his issues since 2004?

Come on...…….you are usually one of the brighter liberal posters on here.....Think...…..
Why do you think making shit up works for you? I've belonged to a veterans group here in Colorado since about 2000. You think people on either side didn't care? I went to hearings on the new veterans hospital back then. One of the congressmen fighting for it was Ed Perlmutter. He's a dem. I saw Congressman Perlmutter help sod a lawn for a home being built for a double amputee. It wasn't a photo op. It was just hard work.

Your generalizations are simply ways to avoid dealing with the truth.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Apparently a good enough question you had to opt out of even TRYING to answer I noticed.
Hummmmmmm….....

Anyway, I have no problem addressing/answering yours.

First off, I couldn't say anything for certain because, unlike you dems/libs, I am not under the illusion that whatever I happen to "feel" or "believe" is always and the only, correct position on a matter or answer to a question.

However, I will offer you my OPINION of the answer to your question. If I HAD to take a guess I would say he was not deported until Trump came into office because all of the prior Presidents refused to enforce US laws out of a pathetic fear some loony-libby political terrorist would say they did it because they hated Mexicans.
Right...so Obama didn't deport illegal immigrants? If I had to guess, I'd say you just don't mind being dishonest when you post about Obama or the democrats.

OldTrapper

Council Member
Setting aside your usual childish right wing stupidity, what laws could they have obeyed, and Trump did not, that would have indicated hatred for Mexicans? Republicans were in control of Congress save for 4 years from 2006 to 2010. Would granting him citizenship as required made them look like fools, or would it be the giving him the treatment as required by his veterans status?

OldTrapper

Council Member
I'm sure you meant 1955, not 1965. As I said, we had about 6,000 troops in country when Kennedy died. Credible sources claim Kennedy was planning on withdrawing from the country after Diem was murdered.
Well, I got it right the first time. Like with Johnson I am not sure Kennedy could have withdrawn the troops after the French left, and the coup failed.

OldTrapper

Council Member
That being said, al Qaeda is a loose confederation of religious radicals attacking a perceived enemy and ISIS is a violent group of extremists determined to reestablish the caliphate and become the only legitimate Islamist state. This puts them at odds with each other while holding a common enemy.

Actually there is a big difference especially when one considers the violence perpetrated. It was bad enough that bin Laden considered us the enemy, and the violence he supported, but with the creation of al Queda in Iraq (ISIS), and the increase in violence, and the spread of influence, one could see the difference. Even now ISIS spreads, and al Queda is irrelevant.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You sourced nothing. If half my time refuting you is scouting the internet for your spin and half-truths than you can look up simple well-documented facts.
Do your own homework. Preferably before posting your dishonest tangents.
What f*cking source did you include in your post? Well documented facts? What facts did you post? That Bush created ISIS in Syria? How in hell did that happen? Magically fighters appeared from around the world to fight for ISIS? Where did you think the 250,000 soldiers in the Iraqi army go when Bush disbanded it? Where did ISIS get military skills from all the riffraff drifting into Syria? Where did the generals come from?

Christ, you don't even apply common sense to your posts, much less research.

Here ya go. The transition from Al Qaeda in Iraq to IS, to ISI, ISIL and ISIS....

https://www.history.com/topics/21st-century/isis

middleview

President
Supporting Member
No. Your point?

Right, so if you want to fix the problem, what you do is address the reasons that money isn't working, THEN you address funding.

Throwing other people's money at it first as Democrats want to do just ensures we flush more money down the drain without addressing the actual problems
You posted this: Your indignation over the VA is feigned, you don't really support vets. They know that, which is why they overwhelmingly support Republicans, not Democrats.

I'm a veteran, my dad is a vet, my father in law is a retired LT. Col. They both use the VA for medical care. Of the two of us, who is more likely to care?

You whine about how much is spent on the VA. I worry more about quality care, adequate resources. Good hospital management.

The problem happened because we went to war and that brought a huge demand for additional doctors, exam rooms, nurses, facilities. That takes money. What do you think the problems are that could not be solved with additional funding?

You think military voters "overwhelmingly" support republicans? Where do you get your numbers? In 2016 40% of military voters voted for Trump. Johnson got 27% and Hillary about 20%.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/2016/10/19/despite-scandals-trump-support-grows-stronger-in-latest-poll-of-troops/

UPNYA2

Mayor
Setting aside your usual childish right wing stupidity, what laws could they have obeyed, and Trump did not, that would have indicated hatred for Mexicans? Republicans were in control of Congress save for 4 years from 2006 to 2010. Would granting him citizenship as required made them look like fools, or would it be the giving him the treatment as required by his veterans status?
They could have deported a non-citizen.

Follow the law as it is written. Even though it is harsh and wrong that he qualified as such but when it comes to our laws the reason one is guilty can't be the determining factor.

Or are you of the opinion it should?

If someone takes your wallet by force or using a gun, the officers who respond do not arrest him because, hey, he needed to feed his kids but later on another officer does enforce the law as it is written, did he do so out of "hatred"?

The enforcing of our laws is no place to fight for the using of human emotions to determine which ones are acceptable.

If you feel emotionally a law is bad, change the law, don't support the use of selective enforcement.

That will never end well.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Al Qaeda in Iraq was financed by Al Qaeda in 2003, that is how they managed to hire so many of the Iraqi military put out on the street when Bush disbanded the Iraqi army.
AQI split off from AQ and became IS when they combined with another Iraqi resistance group. Yes, their goal was to take control of Iraq. They became ISI (Islamic State In Iraq) and moved a lot of their fighters into Syria. They merged with Al Nusra (another AQ affiliate) and became Islamic State In the Levant...ISIL and now the group was made up of mostly Iraqi and Syrian fighters. Now the goal was a caliphate made up of part of Syria and all of Iraq. Their rout of the Iraqi army in 2014 gave them significant military resources in the equipment the Iraqi army left behind.

Obama provided help to Iraq because ISIS was in danger of taking Baghdad.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
What would President Dino have done? Oh, can't bomb ISIS in Syria...have to wait until the come into Iraq to kill them.

Can't go after Boco Harum (even though affiliated with QA and later ISIS) because they aren't in Iraq.

Can't help Somalia or attack ISIS allies there unless the move to Iraq....

Reread your link. Obama bombed Libya...both Bush and Obama did use military force in the other six nations.

kaz

Small l libertarian
You posted this: Your indignation over the VA is feigned, you don't really support vets. They know that, which is why they overwhelmingly support Republicans, not Democrats.

I'm a veteran, my dad is a vet, my father in law is a retired LT. Col. They both use the VA for medical care. Of the two of us, who is more likely to care?

You whine about how much is spent on the VA. I worry more about quality care, adequate resources. Good hospital management.

The problem happened because we went to war and that brought a huge demand for additional doctors, exam rooms, nurses, facilities. That takes money. What do you think the problems are that could not be solved with additional funding?

You think military voters "overwhelmingly" support republicans? Where do you get your numbers? In 2016 40% of military voters voted for Trump. Johnson got 27% and Hillary about 20%.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/2016/10/19/despite-scandals-trump-support-grows-stronger-in-latest-poll-of-troops/
You support vets by voting for the party that blames and attacks our troops at every opportunity for everything that happens in the world? Kerry for calling our troops both in Vietnam and Iraq terrorists. The Koran flushing anti-American propaganda. For every skirmish that didn't go perfectly in Iraq and Afghanistan?

I don't support our politicians, but I always support the troops. One reason I'm not a Democrat. Yet you are. You always support the politicians, the troops only when it's convenient and doesn't work against your political ideology, which calls for the endless pursuit of free government cheese.

With friends like you, our military doesn't need enemies ...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You support vets by voting for the party that blames and attacks our troops at every opportunity for everything that happens in the world? Kerry for calling our troops both in Vietnam and Iraq terrorists. The Koran flushing anti-American propaganda. For every skirmish that didn't go perfectly in Iraq and Afghanistan?

I don't support our politicians, but I always support the troops. One reason I'm not a Democrat. Yet you are. You always support the politicians, the troops only when it's convenient and doesn't work against your political ideology, which calls for the endless pursuit of free government cheese.

I don't vote party. I didn't vote for McCain in 2008 in part because he had voted against increased veteran benefits because it would make it too easy for soldiers to leave the military. (the biggest reason to not vote McCain was Palin).

Did Kerry "call out our troops" in Vietnam or did he repeat the testimony from other veterans who told of atrocities committed by our soldiers there?

Do you have a link to Kerry calling our troops terrorists in Iraq?

Did you support Bush in 2004 when his and his supporters completely misrepresented Kerry's service in Vietnam? Do you remember them telling the story that Kerry had awarded himself medals?

The reset of your bullshit generalizations are based on RNC talking points....discredit the voters on the other side because facts are not your friend.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

So tell us, what, exactly, have you done to support the troops? I have contributed to charities like Wounded Warrior for years. My restaurant gives a 25% discount to in uniform customers. I hosted five guys just back from Iraq and Afghanistan in my home in 2008 for an event here. They were here for a week and used one of my vehicles to get around.

Be specific....Cheering for the good guys when you watch a John Wayne movie doesn't count.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Have you ever noticed the dates that are used for Veterans of the Vietnam Conflict? It is from 1955 to 1978. Why? Because the first troops to be placed in Vietnam were put there by Eisenhower on November 1, 1965. The French troops left in April of 1966 making it the US responsibility.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You sourced nothing. If half my time refuting you is scouting the internet for your spin and half-truths than you can look up simple well-documented facts.
Do your own homework. Preferably before posting your dishonest tangents.
PS: You have yet to prove anything I've posted is wrong.