• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

This isn't going to be a popular opinion but if Trump impeached and booted it'll be over Syria.

FakeName

Governor
He’s moving just 50 US service members out of northern Syria to get of the way of a just-started Turkish invasion.

That's 50

Not 5000 or 500

Fifty.
Right.

Those 50 were the only thing keeping Turkey from attacking our allies. By moving them Traitor Trump gave Turkey the green light.

"News from Syria is sickening," Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, the third-ranking Republican in the House, tweeted Wednesday, echoing lawmakers across the spectrum. "Turkish troops preparing to invade Syria from the north, Russian-backed forces from the south, ISIS fighters attacking Raqqa. Impossible to understand why @realDonaldTrump is leaving America's allies to be slaughtered and enabling the return of ISIS."
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/10/09/politics/turkey-syria-us-anger-ramifications/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

FakeName

Governor
If making a questionable policy decision were an impeachable offense, Obama would have been out in his first year.
Choosing to wave the interest on student debt, or lower the speed limit is a "questionable policy decision".

Betraying people who fought side by side with our boys and died fighting ISIS is NOT "a questionable policy decision".

It is betrayal.

It is dishonor!

Are you f'ing kidding me?

FakeName

Governor
If there is one person on the planet who is a bigger perpetual war advocate than Bolton it would be Liz Cheney's father.
Not betraying our allies. Not dishonoring this great nation and advocating perpetual war ARE NOT the same thing.

You realize that right?

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
Right.

Those 50 were the only thing keeping Turkey from attacking our allies. By moving them Traitor Trump gave Turkey the green light.

"News from Syria is sickening," Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, the third-ranking Republican in the House, tweeted Wednesday, echoing lawmakers across the spectrum. "Turkish troops preparing to invade Syria from the north, Russian-backed forces from the south, ISIS fighters attacking Raqqa. Impossible to understand why @realDonaldTrump is leaving America's allies to be slaughtered and enabling the return of ISIS."
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/10/09/politics/turkey-syria-us-anger-ramifications/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

Never knew 50 people (out of the 1000+ still there) were keeping Turks at bay !

They must be 50 very large people.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Sure, all over Syria. Where we had just a handful of soldiers (I heard maybe 25). I'm glad he's getting them out, how are they going to help if Turkey attacks??? Leftists here cried every day when our men and women were at war over there, now Trump does something to save what men are there and he's wrong at this too.
Turkey attacked as soon as the US troops were out of the way. They would not have taken the chance of killing Americans. Now that we've double crossed the Kurds, they'll be slaughtered...and that is on Trump.

When was the last US soldier killed in Syria? January 16.

Pogue Mahone

Legalize it.
Not betraying our allies. Not dishonoring this great nation and advocating perpetual war ARE NOT the same thing.

You realize that right?
There's always a reason to continue the perpetual war. That's why it's perpetual. You understood that before Trump became president.

I get it. I helped feed the machine myself at times. Now it's your turn to feed it. It will always be fed.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

The Turks would not chance killing any Americans. The proof is that as soon as they were not in the way, the Turks started killing Kurds. Once again we've double crossed our allies and your Trump Defense Syndrome causes you to defend what is indefensible.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
There's always a reason to continue the perpetual war. That's why it's perpetual. You understood that before Trump became president.

I get it. I helped feed the machine myself at times. Now it's your turn to feed it. It will always be fed.
So you think there was a lot of defense spending keeping 1,000 US troops in Northern Syria? Really?

FakeName

Governor
If there is one person on the planet who is a bigger perpetual war advocate than Bolton it would be Liz Cheney's father.
"Top Republicans in Congress publicly criticized Trump for betraying the de facto U.S. ground forces that routed the Islamic State, and even stalwart supporters like former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee rebuked Trump for abandoning the Kurds. Huckabee wasn't the only prominent evangelical Christian to slam Trump's move."

Robertson called Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan "a thug" and criticized Saudi Arabia's leaders as well, but his focus was Trump. "The president who allowed [Jamal] Khashoggi to be cut in pieces without any repercussions whatsoever is now allowing the Christians and the Kurds to be massacred by the Turks," he said. "And I believe — and I want to say this with great solemnity — the president of the United States is in danger of losing the mandate of heaven if he permits this to happen"

Tony Perkins, the head of the prominent evangelical group Family Research Council, also chimed in.

As did David Brody, chief political analyst at the Trump-friendly Christian Broadcasting Network News.

White evangelicals are Trump's most enduring base of support. It is probably an inopportune time for Trump to alienate them.Peter Weber

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theweek.com/speedreads-amp/870294/evangelical-christian-leaders-are-absolutely-appalled-trump-betray-syrias-kurds

middleview

President
Supporting Member
If making a questionable policy decision were an impeachable offense, Obama would have been out in his first year.
When did Obama double cross our allies? When did he refuse to support an ally until they investigated a political rival? When did he refuse to allow government employees to appear before a congressional hearing?

What Obama policy was worth impeachment? This isn't about simply disagreeing with a policy. It is about a policy that damages American prestige or security....and Trump does that daily.

Pogue Mahone

Legalize it.
So you think there was a lot of defense spending keeping 1,000 US troops in Northern Syria? Really?
Now it's a thousand? A while ago it was 50, some even saying 25. It's not just the men. You get it. Remember your excuses back when the Yazidis were being raped and slaughtered. There's no way out of that region that doesn't end with a lot of people dead. So it's perpetual war then? I bet 5 years ago we were on opposite ends of this argument. You'll claim otherwise because lefties on this board seem incapable of stepping out of character for even a moment, but I think you know it's true.

FakeName

Governor

More childishness. Sad I have to explain this to you.

Turkey wouldn't dare attack American allies without American permission and wouldn't dare with even one American soldier in there way.

Trump gave them permission.

It is betrayal. Dishonor.

It makes me sick to my stomach.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
More childishness. Sad I have to explain this to you.

Turkey wouldn't dare attack American allies without American permission and wouldn't dare with even one American soldier in there way.

Trump gave them permission.

It is betrayal. Dishonor.

It makes me sick to my stomach.

Then there's 1000+ there.

50 are being moved. 50.
That's what it takes for you to go into drama queen histrionics ? Wow.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Now it's a thousand? A while ago it was 50, some even saying 25. It's not just the men. You get it. Remember your excuses back when the Yazidis were being raped and slaughtered. There's no way out of that region that doesn't end with a lot of people dead. So it's perpetual war then? I bet 5 years ago we were on opposite ends of this argument. You'll claim otherwise because lefties on this board seem incapable of stepping out of character for even a moment, but I think you know it's true.
There are currently about 1,000 troops in Syria. It is your right wing allies arguing that Trump has only moved 50 or 25 from the North.

What excuses do you think I posted about the Yazidis? I have no idea what you are trying to say. I was in favor of US help to Iraq when ISIS re-invaded.

Your reference to "perpetual war" is idiotic. There was little violence until now that the Turks can bomb the crap out of the Kurds without worrying about killing Americans.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Then there's 1000+ there.

50 are being moved. 50.
That's what it takes for you to go into drama queen histrionics ? Wow.
So the day after those troops were moved the Turks began air strikes. All it took was a back door deal with Trump and the Kurds will pay the price.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
"Top Republicans in Congress publicly criticized Trump for betraying the de facto U.S. ground forces that routed the Islamic State, and even stalwart supporters like former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee rebuked Trump for abandoning the Kurds. Huckabee wasn't the only prominent evangelical Christian to slam Trump's move."

Robertson called Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan "a thug" and criticized Saudi Arabia's leaders as well, but his focus was Trump. "The president who allowed [Jamal] Khashoggi to be cut in pieces without any repercussions whatsoever is now allowing the Christians and the Kurds to be massacred by the Turks," he said. "And I believe — and I want to say this with great solemnity — the president of the United States is in danger of losing the mandate of heaven if he permits this to happen"

Tony Perkins, the head of the prominent evangelical group Family Research Council, also chimed in.

As did David Brody, chief political analyst at the Trump-friendly Christian Broadcasting Network News.

White evangelicals are Trump's most enduring base of support. It is probably an inopportune time for Trump to alienate them.Peter Weber

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theweek.com/speedreads-amp/870294/evangelical-christian-leaders-are-absolutely-appalled-trump-betray-syrias-kurds

So now you want a president to listen to religious folks in regard to policy ?

Being a leftist sure can be difficult- while spinning.