• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

This may be alittle werid but I'd like to talk about K9's

Huskyoverlord

Council Member
Dogs for police/military purposes I think are not being propery utilized. We pick dog breeds that could be used in a "fighting" capaiblity when that's not the core purpose of K9's what so ever. I watched this K9 cop show and it reminded me of the old slave days where white dudes used dogs to threaten and hunt down blacks. The pratical purpose of K9's is to expand your senses and almost any breed would do as long as the dog was an alert dog and it's handler had a connection with his dog.

Yes you can train dogs to be hardcore man killers but it's still just a dog , humans should be the ones doing the fighting and target assement. My husky is alert and aware but untrained and only alittle over 50 lbs so I'm not counting on him to handle something. He will alert me to danger though and pick up on people that I should be aware of. Dogs senses are many times better then ours and have almost a supernatural ability to know when something is not right or a person is not right.

Dogs can tell if a person is on drugs or has bad intentions , so if your dog doesn't like someone you might not want to get to close to that person and be on alert yourself. I say this as for "working dogs" or older breeds not designer dogs that only purpose is to look cute in a purse because those types of dogs are as worthless as cats to humans. My smoke detector battery died awhile back and the beeping made my husky flip and wake me up to handle the problem. He sensed a fire a couple blocks away and was disturbed by it and instead of yelling at him to stop , I reassure him that it's going to be okay and i will handle it and reward him for giving me info I couldn't get without him. He looks at something I look at it too , mostly it's small animals and people just walking by but with a dog a human's range of awareness goes up ten fold if the human is smart enough to understand what a dog is telling you.

If you think I'm talking out of my ass our military used lots of breeds in vietnam to sense ambushes and find the enemy.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
dogs to the left of me, kittens to the right, here i sit, stuck happily in the middle with both.....