• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Time for "NEWSMAX" to shit itself down?

fairsheet

Senator
I've been getting a kick over the last several years, out of "NEWSMAX's" links to their "work" as pasted on our PJ homepages daily. Normally, I expect for about 1/3rd of their links to be to snake-oil. It looks as if they've played that string out...if the best "real story"they can come up with is a Hillary-hate link.

Attachments

fairsheet

Senator
Have you clicked on any of those links?
Actually, that's sort of my point. No, I haven't clicked any of the links from the snake-oil shills. On the other hand, I have clicked some of the links purporting to suggest actual news. Alas, the Benghazi-hate baloney doesn't even qualify anymore.

No, I haven't clicked any of the links from the snake-oil shills.
Right. They don't go to the Newsmax site. Not sure if you understand how banner ad redirects work, but organizations with popular or well-known websites rent out parts of their banner ads to advertisers, which redirect users to those advertisers' sites.

I agree that Newsmax's choice of advertising partners is poor, but if you just want to demean a conservative news site (which I'm sure is your goal here) you have plenty of better options.

fairsheet

Senator
Right. They don't go to the Newsmax site. Not sure if you understand how banner ad redirects work, but organizations with popular or well-known websites rent out parts of their banner ads to advertisers, which redirect users to those advertisers' sites.

I agree that Newsmax's choice of advertising partners is poor, but if you just want to demean a conservative news site (which I'm sure is your goal here) you have plenty of better options.
That they had nothing and therefore felt the need to "rent" out almost all their space here, is telling. For what it's worth btw, "NEWSMAX" is an entertainment site, not a news site.

That they had nothing and therefore felt the need to "rent" out almost all their space here, is telling. For what it's worth btw, "NEWSMAX" is an entertainment site, not a news site.
Agreed on both counts. I tend to ignore the banner ads rather than brood over them.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I've been getting a kick over the last several years, out of "NEWSMAX's" links to their "work" as pasted on our PJ homepages daily. Normally, I expect for about 1/3rd of their links to be to snake-oil. It looks as if they've played that string out...if the best "real story"they can come up with is a Hillary-hate link.
I avoid Newsmax and other rightwing rags because they have so many ads that it screws up my internet connection. Isn't that a sign of con-cooties....viruses?

fairsheet

Senator
I avoid Newsmax and other rightwing rags because they have so many ads that it screws up my internet connection. Isn't that a sign of con-cooties....viruses?
I click them just for fun, in order to see how mismatched the teaser headlines and the bodies of their stories are. I don't imagine they'd have gotten this far if their followership actually read past the headlines.

Jets

Conservative Pragmatist
Cooties?

I'm rubber you are glue, what bounces off me.....

;)