• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

To all those wanting me to compromise my 2nd Amendment right...

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I’d say around $3 million per life saved. Anything more than that and there are other options for that tax money that would save more lives. So, if it cost $42 billion, as discussed above, we’d need to save about 14,000 kids from school shootings per year for it to be worth the money. Since nowhere near that many are killed at school per year, we’d do better to spend the money elsewhere — for example, installing more guard rails and better traffic signs on our roads, funding better trauma centers and research for disease prevention, combating pollution, etc.

How about you — what tax price tag would you consider too high?
Arming qualified teachers, principles, and coaches and paying them extra money to keep current in training and with weapons in good working condition, and installing electronic and electrical controls and video surveillance equipment in every school would be a substantial cost but money that could be easily recouped by cutting out many redundant government programs. I would stop all foreign monies to countries that do not support us in the UN and on the world stage. These funds could help pay for school protection.
It's possible that a school facility could be electronically monitored, from a control center, lock down the school, alert the armed first responders in the school and call the police.
The armed responders in the school could react to the location of attempted entry and either subdue it (kill the sonofabitch) or wait for police. But classrooms should be locked down, remotely and doors unable to be physically opened from the outside. Kids should not leave their rooms until the threat is relieved.
The cost would be high I imagine but what is the alternative? Taking the pistol out of my pocket sure as hell won't keep a school kid from getting killed by a nutjob.

I'm pretty sure the $20 Billion, a year, we'll save from removing the illegal aliens from our country will cover the cost of whatever it takes to protect our kids. Sure, it's going to cost you guys some votes, but I'm willing to accept that if it saves my grandson's life.

Arkady

President
Sure it does...what Constitutional right would you violate, outside the 2nd Amendment, when only 0.0001% abuse that right?
I haven’t called for violating any Constitutional right. The gun controls I’m talking about are similar to controls in place in states and localities, where the second amendment applies equally. There’s every reason to believe they’re constitutional.

Which of the gay couple's Constitutional rights did the baker violate...that they couldn't have exercised at another business?
I haven’t read that case, but it’s not necessarily a Constitutional right that was violated. Rules against discriminating in public accommodations are rooted in statutes.

Last edited:

Arkady

President
Arming qualified teachers, principles, and coaches and paying them extra money to keep current in training and with weapons in good working condition, and installing electronic and electrical controls and video surveillance equipment in every school would be a substantial cost but money that could be easily recouped by cutting out many redundant government programs. I would stop all foreign monies to countries that do not support us in the UN and on the world stage. These funds could help pay for school protection.
It's possible that a school facility could be electronically monitored, from a control center, lock down the school, alert the armed first responders in the school and call the police.
The armed responders in the school could react to the location of attempted entry and either subdue it (kill the sonofabitch) or wait for police. But classrooms should be locked down, remotely and doors unable to be physically opened from the outside. Kids should not leave their rooms until the threat is relieved.
The cost would be high I imagine but what is the alternative? Taking the pistol out of my pocket sure as hell won't keep a school kid from getting killed by a nutjob.

I'm pretty sure the $20 Billion, a year, we'll save from removing the illegal aliens from our country will cover the cost of whatever it takes to protect our kids. Sure, it's going to cost you guys some votes, but I'm willing to accept that if it saves my grandson's life.
What would you consider an excessive price to pay, in terms of cost per life saved? Keep in mind the opportunity cost — that the money we spend on armed school security is money not available for other life-saving ventures. I suggested $3 million. Where would you put the price tag?

Arkady

President
A fetus is a child.
No. A fetus may some day become a child, in much the same way that an embryo may one day become a fetus and a sperm and egg may one day become an embryo. A fetus isn’t a child any more than a seed is a sapling. Let’s be honest about words.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I haven’t called for violating any Constitutional right. The gun controls I’m talking about are similar to controls in place in states and localities, where the second amendment apples equally. There’s every reason to believe they’re constitutional.

I haven’t read that case, but it’s not necessarily a Constitutional right that was violated. Rules against discriminating in public accommodations are rooted in statutes.
Technically, your being an atheist, the Constitution doesn't apply to you. You have no constitutional rights.
The American Constitution affirms that our our human rights are given to us by our creator. Atheists do not acknowledge a creator (I don't know where the hell you think you came from) so does it not logically follow that you have no creator given rights?

Arkady

President
Technically, your being an atheist, the Constitution doesn't apply to you. You have no constitutional rights. The American Constitution affirms that our our human rights are given to us by our creator.
. Before commenting on the Constitution, wouldn’t it make sense for you to read it? The Constitution makes no mention at all of a Creator. You’re thinking of the Declaration of Independence.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
No. A fetus may some day become a child, in much the same way that an embryo may one day become a fetus and a sperm and egg may one day become an embryo. A fetus isn’t a child any more than a seed is a sapling. Let’s be honest about words.
Nope, a fetus IS a child. You can dance around the issue like Danny f**king Kaye but when the squigglies make contact with the ovum, conception occurs and, voila, it's a human life. And, if a Democrat does not get involved and assist in premeditated murder, then that baby will join his/her family in oh, say nine months or so.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
. Before commenting on the Constitution, wouldn’t it make sense for you to read it? The Constitution makes no mention at all of a Creator. You’re thinking of the Declaration of Independence.
Okay then, you're still a British subject and don't belong here. Pack your shit and get the hell out of my country.

Arkady

President
Nope, a fetus IS a child.
We're into the realm of semantic games, which never goes anywhere. If you want to use the word that way, there's no way for me to argue you out of it, any more than if you wanted to call an egg a chick or a seed a sapling. There's a reason standard English differentiates between such things, though.

Arkady

President
Okay then, you're still a British subject and don't belong here.
No. I'm an American citizen and have been from birth -- and a good enough citizen to know the difference between the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. Don't you wish you were that good of a citizen? Well, you can be. Step one is to actually read the Constitution, rather than just clinging to it as an abstract symbol, without even knowing what's in it. It's not so long and you may actually learn something. Good luck.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
asked and answered, spin again
Funny...that is an old right winger tactic...pretend you already answered it, or there is @Queen Titania's tactic of claiming to have provided a verifiable source for her information when a search of her posts shows she didn't....

So just to remind you...Here is the question.

Show me where you have the right to sell a gun to anyone you choose...children (under the age of 18)...ex-felons, people with restraining orders, people who are undergoing court ordered psychiatric care.

And if you want to go for Double Jeopardy....I dare you to go to the nearest elementary school and offer a gun for sale to the first 6th grader to come up with a few bucks.

Joe in Tulsa

Council Member
1. The claim, by many of the right wingers here, is that Universal Background Checks would be a violation of constitutional rights. It isn't.
2. There are numerous laws that spell out who is ineligible for the purchase of a firearm. One would be the 1968 Gun Control Act.
1968 GCA, among others, is an infringement.
From Bing search,"Infringe -
act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on.
"his legal rights were being infringed" ·
undermine · erode · diminish · weaken · impair · damage · compromise · limit · curb · check · place a limit on · encroach on · interfere with · disturb ·
[more]"

middleview

President
Supporting Member
1968 GCA, among others, is an infringement.
From Bing search,"Infringe -
act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on.
"his legal rights were being infringed" ·
undermine · erode · diminish · weaken · impair · damage · compromise · limit · curb · check · place a limit on · encroach on · interfere with · disturb ·
[more]"
Sucks to be you....it is the law. It has been challenged in the court and has survived those challenges. Get over it....or get your lawyer working on another challenge. Those are your choices. You could also defy the law and go sell a gun to a 12 year old, just to flip off the ATF and congress. Let me know how that works out for ya.

Joe in Tulsa

Council Member
Sucks to be you....it is the law. It has been challenged in the court and has survived those challenges. Get over it....or get your lawyer working on another challenge. Those are your choices. You could also defy the law and go sell a gun to a 12 year old, just to flip off the ATF and congress. Let me know how that works out for ya.
It's great to be me. I'm free and happy. There have been plenty of bad laws that have been challenged and survived. Just because some politicians pass a law doesn't make it right, or even justifiable. The supreme law of the land said "shall not be infringed." It's plain and simple. There are ways to amend the Constitution, but it is difficult, and rightfully so.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Funny...that is an old right winger tactic...pretend you already answered it, or there is @Queen Titania's tactic of claiming to have provided a verifiable source for her information when a search of her posts shows she didn't....

So just to remind you...Here is the question.

Show me where you have the right to sell a gun to anyone you choose...children (under the age of 18)...ex-felons, people with restraining orders, people who are undergoing court ordered psychiatric care.

And if you want to go for Double Jeopardy....I dare you to go to the nearest elementary school and offer a gun for sale to the first 6th grader to come up with a few bucks.
only a lib would sale a gun to a 6th grader

middleview

President
Supporting Member
It's great to be me. I'm free and happy. There have been plenty of bad laws that have been challenged and survived. Just because some politicians pass a law doesn't make it right, or even justifiable. The supreme law of the land said "shall not be infringed." It's plain and simple. There are ways to amend the Constitution, but it is difficult, and rightfully so.
Can you tell me of an instance where your 2nd amendment rights were infringed? Did you want to buy a weapon and were denied?

trapdoor

Governor
"We"? Who are you speaking for? The voices in your head?

As you and others repeat ad nauseum....99% of gun owners are law abiding. They obey the law. The UBC law in Colorado needs some improvement...and we'll get there. But you advocate more guns as a solution.

You have completely missed the lesson of the old west....when most men walking down the streets of Tucson carried a gun...the people decided they were tired of the constant gun play....they were tired of the mayhem and passed laws about carrying guns...and now you want to have that old west back again.
Really? When did they do this? Because when I lived 90 miles south of Tucson in 2001-02, open and concealed carry were both legal there.