• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

To those who carp about Obama's immigration plan - what's your plan?

My top 10 plans to cope with Obama's defiance of the constitution and national will . . .

10 - Order ketchup with everything at Taco Bell
9 - put "channel lock" on the spanish language stations on our comcast converter
8 - join an anti-nafta demonstration - NAFTA is the cause of all this
7 - request that my local voting district start printing election materials in Yiddish
6 - vote for marco rubio for vice president, if he's on the ticket in 2016
5 - join the aryan sisterhood
4 - refuse to allow my daughter to spend spring break in cuba when she's in college
3 - put a "google alert" for any stories on Eric Holder/Fast and Furious prosecution. I definitely want to see how this one turns out.
2- insist that all mexican pro wrestlers be unmasked. and lose some weight. they're unattractively pudgy.
1 - send a box of crickets to bugsy mcquirk

Bugsy McGurk

President
My top 10 plans to cope with Obama's defiance of the constitution and national will . . .

10 - Order ketchup with everything at Taco Bell
9 - put "channel lock" on the spanish language stations on our comcast converter
8 - join an anti-nafta demonstration - NAFTA is the cause of all this
7 - request that my local voting district start printing election materials in Yiddish
6 - vote for marco rubio for vice president, if he's on the ticket in 2016
5 - join the aryan sisterhood
4 - refuse to allow my daughter to spend spring break in cuba when she's in college
3 - put a "google alert" for any stories on Eric Holder/Fast and Furious prosecution. I definitely want to see how this one turns out.
2- insist that all mexican pro wrestlers be unmasked. and lose some weight. they're unattractively pudgy.
1 - send a box of crickets to bugsy mcquirk
GOP madness, Exhibit A

;-)

trapdoor

Governor
As to the illegal immigrants that are subject to Obama's executive action, can you do anything besides mindlessly carp about it?

Would you round up and deport those people ASAP?

Do something else? What?
Enforce the existing laws to the best of our ability. There has always been a way for these people to work in this country legally -- they go home, go to a consulate or embassy, and request a work permit. That method even includes the much-vaunted "pathway to citizenship."

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I like the existing policies for immigration, work visas, and so forth..

but i'm game to try to subject to tax, persons who have worked in an undocumented capacity, for years....

Bugsy McGurk

President
Enforce the existing laws to the best of our ability. There has always been a way for these people to work in this country legally -- they go home, go to a consulate or embassy, and request a work permit. That method even includes the much-vaunted "pathway to citizenship."
That's very vague. This problem demands specifics.

Existing law enforced to the max would mean finding all illegals, rounding them up, and deporting them all ASAP.

Is that what you want?

trapdoor

Governor
That's very vague. This problem demands specifics.

Existing law enforced to the max would mean finding all illegals, rounding them up, and deporting them all ASAP.

Is that what you want?
I offered specifics. Specifically no one who is here illegally gets legalized without going home and going through the consulate/embassy. Otherwise, if you get caught, you get deported.

Lukey

Senator
I don't have a problem with immigration, as long as they come here to work. If they aren't working, they are a tourist and should be allowed to stay for only a specific length of time. If they are working, they should be given a visa that legalizes their status as a non-resident worker. And once they live here and work for say seven years, let them apply to become a citizen.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
My specific answer is depart anyone who is here illegally that we can identify as being here illegally.
The problem here is that the statist lefty Obamadrone cannot hear you. I've had these same conversations literally dozens of times. These folks cannot conceive the notion that additional new state power is not needed.

Whether the subject is Obamacare, gun control, immigration...whatever. They always frame the debate in terms of "what is your plan?"...as if it is a foregone conclusion that we must cede more power to the state and layer more bureaucracy and more laws.

On immigration: No new laws are needed. Just enforce existing law, existing immigration policy, existing work and travel visa policy.

On gun control: No new laws are needed. Enforce existing law.

On ACA: No new law should have been passed. We already have healthcare and the state has no business injecting itself into markets as it did here.

I don't propose an alternative new law. I don't concede the loopy notion that we need to grow government and/or expand it's scope across every "need".

The conservative's biggest shortcoming is that, all too often, he allows lefty to frame discussion in false terms. We should reject the drones' attempts to commit "discussion fraud" by setting a paradigm that if lefty proposes something, that means something is needed. Frankly, most of the time, if lefty proposes something - that thing is generally toxic.

Jen

Senator
As to the illegal immigrants that are subject to Obama's executive action, can you do anything besides mindlessly carp about it?

Do something else? What?
My plan would be to wait until the new Congress takes their seats and let them do it.
Why didn't Obama do that - when he has waited 6 years already to do something he promised to do in the first year?
Why pretend it's suddenly urgent now?
Why didn't Obama do it in the first two years when he had a filibuster-proof Congress and could have passed it easily?

Why indeed.
It's all political.

Nobody was going to round up and deport all of those people.
And what would have happened in January 2015 would be similar to what Obama is doing now EXCEPT that the GOP would have made sure the border was sealed at the same time.

A path to citizenship is the best way. And sealing the border is imperative.

Bugsy McGurk

President
My plan would be to wait until the new Congress takes their seats and let them do it.
Why didn't Obama do that - when he has waited 6 years already to do something he promised to do in the first year?
Why pretend it's suddenly urgent now?
Why didn't Obama do it in the first two years when he had a filibuster-proof Congress and could have passed it easily?

Why indeed.
It's all political.

Nobody was going to round up and deport all of those people.
And what would have happened in January 2015 would be similar to what Obama is doing now EXCEPT that the GOP would have made sure the border was sealed at the same time.

A path to citizenship is the best way. And sealing the border is imperative.
You're confused. My post did not ask you to carp about what Obama did. To the contrary, I asked Pugs to provide your preferred immigration plan, instead of carping.

But it seems that carping is all you have.

Do something else? What?
Easy Peasy -

1) Throw employers who hire illegals into jail and fine them.

2) Offer rewards for tips of employers who hire illegals.

3) Give illegals a 3 year work visa and then require they return home.

4) Give the above mentioned illegals preferential treatment with future work visas.

5) Limit H1B visas to those with Master's degrees and above in STEM only.

6)Set aside money to help U.S. minors abroad for schooling.

7) Set up agency to demand on behalf of our citizens abroad humane and just conditions

8)...

Last edited:

Bugsy McGurk

President
Easy Peasy -

1) Throw employers who hire illegals into jail and fine them.

2) Offer rewards for tips of employers who hire illegals.

3) Give illegals a 3 year work visa and then require they return home.

4) Give the above mentioned illegals preferential treatment with future work visas.

5) Limit H1B visas to those with Master's degrees and above in STEM only.

6)Set aside money to help U.S. minors abroad for schooling.

7) Set up agency to demand on behalf our citizens abroad humane and just conditions

8)...
And not do investigations to find the illegals, not round them up, and not deport them?

And not do investigations to find the illegals, not round them up, and not deport them?
With no jobs, welfare or benefits they'll self deport soon enough. Besides they'll all fall in line and register for the 3 year work visas and preferential future treatment. Once registered we'll actually know the scope of the problem. Is it 11M or 20M illegals? We don't even know that really.