• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Top 1% would give up their tax cuts

Council Member
Right now today we could afford to put 5 million people to work at above poverty wage jobs.

Those 5 million jobs would provide for the hiring of another million or so people.

Why not to the right thing and vote to repeal the tax cuts for the top 1%, but really the top 10% would be better., or for that matter all tax cuts enacted under Bush and re issued under Obama.

Lets take that money and revive our economy. Hire the people who are in desperate need of employment.

This would create more tax base, less unemployment compensation and more charity to go around because there would be less people who would need it.
Just look at all the programs that now are in place to help people that could be scaled back or done away with.

The people who would be giving up the most are not in need of it. And the fact remains that it would just make for more profit by corp's and lead to a stock market rise.

So why not be a Patriotic American and press for all tax cut to end from the bush era. If a group needs more help after that we can deal with that.

We cannot bring America back without jobs, and massive amount of poor people who need help will not go away without proving jobs.

Revising the tax codes as they now are is surely needed, but that will take years to do if the will is even there. :)

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country

D

Doc

How's about the .000001% in
in Government?????

Queen Botox just had a Christmas vacation that cost more for the ROOM than many people make in a YEAR.

But, umm...it's all them filthy Republican Bankers and what not......

Difference?

Queen Nanci is doing it on OUR dime.

Why not slash the benefits and extravagant pay for the Aristocracy FIRST, then, worry about taking OTHER people's money?????

Lukey

Senator
Why stop there? If there is no negative economic effect to confiscating that money from those folks, then why not take it all? If the government giving people jobs paid for by taxation is the road to prosperity, don't we owe it to ourselves to go all in and confiscate all income above the median and use it to hire everyone who wants a government job and pay them the median wage rate (or, if they are disabled or old we could just pay them the median income in government subsidies) and then no one makes more than they need, right?

Right now today we could afford to put 5 million people to work at above poverty wage jobs.

Those 5 million jobs would provide for the hiring of another million or so people.

Why not to the right thing and vote to repeal the tax cuts for the top 1%, but really the top 10% would be better., or for that matter all tax cuts enacted under Bush and re issued under Obama.

Lets take that money and revive our economy. Hire the people who are in desperate need of employment.

This would create more tax base, less unemployment compensation and more charity to go around because there would be less people who would need it.
Just look at all the programs that now are in place to help people that could be scaled back or done away with.

The people who would be giving up the most are not in need of it. And the fact remains that it would just make for more profit by corp's and lead to a stock market rise.

So why not be a Patriotic American and press for all tax cut to end from the bush era. If a group needs more help after that we can deal with that.

We cannot bring America back without jobs, and massive amount of poor people who need help will not go away without proving jobs.

Revising the tax codes as they now are is surely needed, but that will take years to do if the will is even there. :)

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country
Thats the same kind of crap Hugo Chavez started with

Bo-4

Senator
Why stop there? If there is no negative economic effect to confiscating that money from those folks, then why not take it all? If the government giving people jobs paid for by taxation is the road to prosperity, don't we owe it to ourselves to go all in and confiscate all income above the median and use it to hire everyone who wants a government job and pay them the median wage rate (or, if they are disabled or old we could just pay them the median income in government subsidies) and then no one makes more than they need, right?
Lukey.. dude .... methinks you are losing your grip mate. Why is it that you feel the need to jump the shark with such exaggerations?

Just pay your fair share.

Council Member
So I'm guessing that those on the right are saying hell no, I got mine and the hell with the rest of you!
You do know that Taxes are at an all time low and we are or have been in two wars, a massive build up also because of 19 box cutting terrorist that our govt didn't do their job of protecting us from and all you care about is yourself. Mainly because the wrath of this downturn in our society hasn't reached you yet.

The economy of our nation is our nations only way to pay for what we have, but some who benefit the most have declared that it's not right to make them pay more because they are doing so well. Kind of like telling the people who farm the land for you that you need water to fill your pool, before they get the water to grow the crops. And then turn around and condemn the people who work for you because the crops died for not having enough water as you swim in your pool..

Bo-4

Senator
So I'm guessing that those on the right are saying hell no, I got mine and the hell with the rest of you!
You do know that Taxes are at an all time low and we are or have been in two wars, a massive build up also because of 19 box cutting terrorist that our govt didn't do their job of protecting us from and all you care about is yourself. Mainly because the wrath of this downturn in our society hasn't reached you yet.

The economy of our nation is our nations only way to pay for what we have, but some who benefit the most have declared that it's not right to make them pay more because they are doing so well. Kind of like telling the people who farm the land for you that you need water to fill your pool, before they get the water to grow the crops. And then turn around and condemn the people who work for you because the crops died for not having enough water as you swim in your pool..
Lukey's been in a funk ever since November '08. Any attempt to make the Filty Koch Brothers pay any more than single digit taxes is Marxist wealth redistribution in his eyes.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
no problem. the Bush tax cuts will finally expire the end of 2012 and the have-mores will return to paying their fair share. if the cuts can be continued for the middle class, all the better as it would begin to correct the HUGE wealth gap caused by con redistributionist policies begun during the Reagan era.

D

Doc

I still say that Dems (and Puggers) in Congress would be in a far better position to RAISE Taxes, if, FIRST, they cut their OWN benefits and pay, as opposed to ADDING MORE!

Seems rather ironic to me, that as they wish to TAKE other people's money.....they continue to up their OWN pay and benefits.....

But, alas, that is what Aristocrats have done, since there have been Aristocrats.

Council Member
well if the pay of a congressman or senator is big to you then you must not understand that people like Newt and others can make a lot more money from being out of congress.
My self I think that a congressmen/senator is being paid about right for the job they are hired to be doing if they were doing it.

I will agree on the benefits, they should not be more than the average for all people making that income in the USA.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Why do you write that "we can afford" this and then you yourself proceed to invoke reference to the property of others?

Lukey

Senator
Lukey.. dude .... methinks you are losing your grip mate. Why is it that you feel the need to jump the shark with such exaggerations?

Just pay your fair share.
That's just it Bo, it's not an "exaggeration." It's (Marxist philosophy) what underlies every Democrat tax proposal. Come on - confiscate "unneeded" income above a certain level and redistribute it? WTF do you think this is, tiddly winks?

Lukey

Senator

And what all the serious advocates of reform agree needs done is to lower marginal rates and remove loopholes, credits and deductions. Not MORE social engineering through the tax code. Confiscating "unneeded" income above a certain pre-determined level and use it to hire the unemployed in make work government jobs? Sheesh! Could you more blatantly advocate a policy that smacks of "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need???"

RickWA

Snagglesooth
My apologies - I figured something specifically contained in the opening sentence would require no framing. My bad.

:-/

Council Member
No what I say is the system of govt needs to provide a way for everyone to have a chance to a level of success that allows them to exsist on their own.

at sometime when the system of govt is broken all hell will break out, is that what you want. Your willing to risk all you have or all you can get because your not willing to make sure the system of govt we have survives.

Those who have nothing have little to lose, it's people who have much more than they need, however they got it that will lose the most.
Be greedy and be ready for the outcome.
Just like the days of old, the treatment of workers that led to Unions, is not far away from where the have nots are about to say enough. You do realize that if enough people say this is BS and vote to overthrow your right wing agenda you are history. The days of 35% tax may well come to be 75% or more if it is felt we need it. and your crying about giving a little will be a thing of the past.

Asking people who don't have enough now to give part of it away so you can feel good is plain stupid and greedy. The tax system you are asking for would cause much more than you believe to be paid in. Getting rid of all deductions would never happen, let along making all income the same.

The wealthy people will not let it happen.

8 years ago I said that the republicans were out to bankrupt the govt, so they could get rid of unions, and govt programs that go to help the average citizen and the poor.
I was right then and I am right now.

Council Member
And what all the serious advocates of reform agree needs done is to lower marginal rates and remove loopholes, credits and deductions. Not MORE social engineering through the tax code. Confiscating "unneeded" income above a certain pre-determined level and use it to hire the unemployed in make work government jobs? Sheesh! Could you more blatantly advocate a policy that smacks of "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need???"
and who should pay for the things needed to keep this country as the greatest nation in the world? So defense, road building, airports, schools, electric grid, govt buildings, ect are things who should be doing and paying for? Should not the govt collect what is need to do this from those who are using this the most.
Do you really believe that some guy working in an office or a on a farm or digging a ditch should be equally responsible for what this govt spends to keep us going as someone making 100,000 or a million or a billion or more?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Here's the problem. You reference the property of the 1% as "theirs", hence I conclude that you are not one of them. Then you state that "we can afford" to put people to work using "their" money.

Given this - penned by your own hand - I must conclude that it is your contention that private property is communal in nature.

Perhaps you wrote this by mistake?