• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

TransCanada admited 100s thousand jobs were a LIE & that Boehner is now citing

Days

Commentator
the pipeline is the stupidest idea in the history of the world.
If they don't lie through their teeth, they can't make it look attractive.

Council Member
It don't matter, the State Dept has had the same rules in effect for 30 years on how they handle things like this, but
the right think rules don't need to be followed if it's what they want at the time.

MaryAnne

Governor
It don't matter, the State Dept has had the same rules in effect for 30 years on how they handle things like this, but
the right think rules don't need to be followed if it's what they want at the time.
The pipe line could still got through with changes. Republicans wanted to call Obama's bluff with a 60 day dead line. He bluffed them,instead.

Dino

Russian Asset
Yup...to his great benefit huh? I'd run on his refuaal to see it through.

Who wouldn't? Oh, it's only 5-6 THOUSAND jobs down the crapper for no good reason, got it. Let him defend that.

Council Member
You think that something should be done because it sounds good dino? " no good reason", you want to explain what you consider a good reason? We should just change our system of approving things like this because your guys want to make a point about temporary jobs?
I mean at least when a democrat is in office, right?

Dino

Russian Asset
Not changing anything. There are thousands of miles of pipeline already in Nebraska. We need to cut a deal like this one before the Chinese make it happen and just walk right over us. On top of that it creates between 5 and 10,000 jobs. Upsides all around.

Or he can play politics and for campaign donations, which it seems he has. I'd run against him and slam him for that.

Look, if he'd made this deal and created the jobs, you libs would have been fully in his corner for it, and you damned well know it.

Days

Commentator
It's not just that... let's hope and pray this environmental pain-in-the-ass market ploy by the oil corps never sees the light of day. If they have to build a pipeline... let's hope it is as short as possible. Tell me why the oil corps refuse to build a refinery up north to handle the crude? Then you would get some real jobs... and a much needed new refinery because our refineries are old.

Days

Commentator
roads. You don't build refineries in the wilderness. But we do have roads, lots of 'em... that's not the problem. And the oil corps have more than enough capital to build a new refinery. Why isn't anyone asking that question? Canadian tar sands are the largest oil deposit on the planet and the oil corps won't build a single refinery? wtf?

P

PACE

The Chinese and the French were negotiating the tar sands during the Bush administration, Cheney himself went to Canada only to find that French companies had locked up the equipment contracts and the Chinese were already negotiating. That is old news repackaged to look like today's headlines

Regards
Pace

P

PACE

Thanks Lobato, I was off by a digit last night, but what I want to know is why this whole endeavor hasn't been fully vetted before it got into the hands of politicians who probably failed basic science courses in college?

It seems to me that the political science students are now "science" students and can talk authoritatively about the physics of mass and volume, I'd rather the scientists did the analysis first, and THEN we discuss the pipeline, our biggest fault line here is allowing politicians to take any issue at all and make it a national debate before it's time.

Look, we rushed an atomic program pretty due to the same sense of urgency; Russians had the bomb, so Oppenheimer and crew rushed to build the Trinity, and it was a rousing success sort of, right?

What did it induce? a nuclear race, that got away from us, until the early 1960's. Same thing can happen here,

Regards
Pace

Boltlady

Mayor
This whole pipeline thing is just another step along the way in creating the NAU (North American Union). We already have an agreement with Canada about using each others' military for domestic use. We have done almost nothing to close the border with Mexico and even agreed recently to let in a whole lot more of their trucks.

Since the NAU will override the sovereignty that so many of our people have died through the years to protect, things are being done slowly in stages until so much is intertwined that people will eventually just agree to it rather than go through all of the headaches that would be involved in untangling it. That's how the gov't pulls of a lot of things right under our noses.

Boltlady

Mayor
BTW, all any of them have to do anymore is to throw in the prospect of jobs and people will completely overlook the ramifications of how they will be created.

Dino

Russian Asset
Obama can't even acknowledge the existence of pipelines or approve new ones. How long would it take to approve and deliver construction of a refinery?

Your answer is even more inane than Obama's present course.