• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump Asks Advisers Why Not Nuke Hurricanes Heading Towards US, For Real-Real

llovejim

Current Champion
A senior Trump administration official told Axios that the president's suggestion to drop nuclear bombs into hurricanes to stop them from hitting the United States was well-intentioned. (but wildly retarded)

"His goal — to keep a catastrophic hurricane from hitting the mainland — is not bad," the official, who had been briefed on the suggestion, told the outlet. "His objective is not bad."

"What people near the president do is they say 'I love a president who asks questions like that, who’s willing to ask tough questions,'" the official said. "It takes strong people to respond to him in the right way when stuff like this comes up. For me, alarm bells weren't going off when I heard about it, but I did think somebody is going to use this to feed into 'the president is crazy' narrative."

Axios reported Sunday that Trump had floated the unconventional strategy in meetings with Homeland Security and national security officials.

"I got it. I got it. Why don't we nuke them?" Trump reportedly said at a White House briefing on hurricanes.

"They start forming off the coast of Africa, as they're moving across the Atlantic, we drop a bomb inside the eye of the hurricane and it disrupts it. Why can't we do that?" a source recounted to the outlet, paraphrasing Trump's words.

The Hill has reached out to the White House regarding the reported suggestion.

The idea of using nuclear weapons to disrupt hurricanes has been floated before and is addressed in a National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration fact sheet about tropical cyclones.

"Apart from the fact that this might not even alter the storm, this approach neglects the problem that the released radioactive fallout would fairly quickly move with the tradewinds to affect land areas and cause devastating environmental problems," the sheet reads.

"Needless to say, this is not a good idea," it adds. (but it might make more sense than believing windmills cause cancer, climate change is a Chinese hoax or the US beat the Brits in 1776 by manning the skies, shutting down airports and ramming their ramparts)

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/458767-official-on-trumps-hurricane-nuking-idea-his-objective-is-not-bad

And this is the guy many trump voters would actually vote for again....Just amazing.

trump looking the wrong way.jpg

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Maybe he watched some movies on Netflix and got the idea? seriously..........it had to come from somewhere.

I can't wait to read the REASONable 10 excuses why this makes him the greatest president EVER!
Maybe AOC can better explain his intentions at the White House today?

llovejim

Current Champion
you know, trump once said he had some brilliant genes in his family, his uncle was a nuclear doctor or something, and yet he actually suggests we nuke an incoming hurricane? i guess he believes we need to hire a bunch of people to go to the Amazon rain forest and rake the ground since he believes that is the best way to fight forest fires. and people VOTED for this clown!! and will again!!

Make America Rake Again: Finland baffled by Trump's forest fire ...

https://www.theguardian.com › us-news › nov › make-america-rake-again-...

Nov 19, 2018 - Social media users mock US president's insistence on Finnish forest ... to drag Trump further about the raking, twisting the popular image of the ...

Why the people of Finland are trolling Trump by raking the woods - Vox

https://www.vox.com › world › 2018/11/19 › finland-trump-raking-woods

Nov 19, 2018 - Why the people of Finland are trolling Trump by raking the woods ... weekend grabbing their gardening tools — with the more creative types picking up their ... “Taking pride in a good day's work maintaining the forest,” says another. ... nations like Finland, which “spend a lot of time” on forest preservation.

The internet mocks Trump for saying 'raking' forest floors would ...

https://thinkprogress.org › trump-raking-forests-finland-california-wildfire...

Nov 18, 2018 - Trump (self-described genius) thinks Finland have fewer forest fires than ... The catastrophic Camp Fire has killed at least 71 people, with more than 1,000 others missing. ... I want great climate, we're going to have that, and we're going to ... Trump says seeing the devastation of the wildfires in California ...
'Rake News': Trump Says Finland Avoids Wildfires by 'Raking' Forests ...

https://www.news18.com › Buzz

Nov 19, 2018 - 'Rake News': Trump Says Finland Avoids Wildfires by 'Raking' Forests, Finns Baffled ... Like all things Donald, this statement of the American President has ... First Finn kids outscore our kids (and most of the world) while doing ... Here in Norway, we have special trained dogs to keep watch with the rakers.
Finns Mock President Trump by Posting 'Forest Raking' Photos Online

https://gizmodo.com › finns-mock-president-trump-by-posting-forest-raki...

Nov 19, 2018 - President Donald Trump stood near the charred remains of Paradise, ... he called it a forest nation and they spent a lot of time on raking and ... his presidency had accomplished more than almost any other in history. .... Trump Suggests California Wildfires Can Be Avoided by 'Raking' ... You may also like.

Trump claim that Finland cleans its forest floor mocked as #RakeNews

https://www.usatoday.com › story › news › politics › onpolitics › 2018/11/19

Nov 19, 2018 - Trump said Finland prevents wildfires by 'raking' the forest. ... President Trumpwitnesses devastation caused by Calif. wildfires ..... The Finnish Forest Association says the country's "diversity of species and habitats ... What kind are the most effective? .... You may also want to view these photo galleries:.

RakeNews: People in Finland Mock Trump With Leaf-Raking Photos ...

https://time.com › Newsfeed › viral

Nov 20, 2018 - President Donald Trump started an internet reaction as people took to Twitter to ... is among one of the world's most environmentally conscious countries. ... Furthermore, Finland's President Sauli Niinistö's says he doesn't recall telling Trump his country rakes its forests. ... “It rains like hell and is cold AF.

finnish forest.jpg

trump nuclear uncle.png

Last edited:

llovejim

Current Champion
No sources = a Non Story

My Sources say that Obama wanted to shoot missiles into Tornados. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

(See how that works?)

It's an old story/theory that goes back to the 50's
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2016/11/hurricanes-weather-history-nuclear-weapons/

Maybe those who cry 'do something' to ANYTHING that happens will think twice now.
you are lying, though. you have no sources that say that. and obama has twice the IQ of the donald, and you, and would never spew something so blatantly idiotic. and the article did mention that the goofy ass idea has been floated about before and obviously rejected....so what is the purpose of your post? to prove how you will lie to try and defend trump?

llovejim

Current Champion
this just in...............another lie
  1. Donald J. Trump
  2. The story by Axios that President Trump wanted to blow up large hurricanes with nuclear weapons prior to reaching shore is ridiculous. I never said this. Just more FAKE NEWS!
can you really trust the sanity of people who refer to themselves in the third person? or is it possible someone wrote that tweet for trump because trump was afraid he would misspell some simple word or because Trump said "so what?", and referred to him as President Trump accidentally?

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
you are lying, though. you have no sources that say that. and obama has twice the IQ of the donald, and you, and would never spew something so blatantly idiotic. and the article did mention that the goofy ass idea has been floated about before and obviously rejected....so what is the purpose of your post? to prove how you will lie to try and defend trump?
Who are the sources ? Names. Have any ?

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Here Trump Tweets and refers to himself again in the 3rd person do you now see this simple writing????
I think they are right when they say it is all a TV Character he is playing - see how he says President Trump said it then says I NEVER SAID THIS - like President Trump is another person - you see that right?????
  1. 4,889 replies6,885 retweets25,838 likes

2. Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago
The story by Axios that President Trump wanted to blow up large hurricanes with nuclear weapons prior to reaching shore is ridiculous. I never said this. Just more FAKE NEWS!

Nostra

Governor
1. Axios?:D

2. No source.

The idea of using nuclear weapons to disrupt hurricanes has been floated before and is addressed in a National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration fact sheet about tropical cyclones.
Looks like The Cult looked at doing this.

Thread fail.:D

llovejim

Current Champion
the source was clearly listed. i did not make it up. axiom reported it, and the Hill reported that. both are real sources. but you do not have any source for what you said. there is a difference. it is not the best sourced article ever. i agree. but it was a real source.

llovejim

Current Champion
1. Axios?:D

2. No source.

Looks like The Cult looked at doing this.

Thread fail.:D
had a source. so you lied. i listed it and another source which referred to it. what makes it possible, even if not sourced the best ever, was trump says goofy crap like this a lot- like windmills cause cancer, climate change is a chinese hoax, and the US defeated the Brits by manning the skies, shutting down airports and ramming their ramparts.

thread success.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Maybe he watched some movies on Netflix and got the idea? seriously..........it had to come from somewhere.

I can't wait to read the REASONable 10 excuses why this makes him the greatest president EVER!
Maybe AOC can better explain his intentions at the White House today?
Proof progs will fall for anything and stand for nothing and when I read this "so and so said" article the progs would bring it to PJ and so far it's jim & bugs of course the first to fall for the shit......could understand it coming from Millennials but my gawd from the elders is laughable.