• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump Asks Advisers Why Not Nuke Hurricanes Heading Towards US, For Real-Real

Bronwyn

Unapoligetically Republican
"a source recounted to the outlet" For all we know the source could have been the men's room wall.

Caroljo

Senator
I read that he ASKED the question......so what??? Lol! Seems others have proven here that our government actually looked into doing just that before, so what's the big deal. Now people you disagree with can't ask questions? Your twisted media made this into something it's not and you all suck it right in.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
For me, alarm bells weren't going off when I heard about it, but I did think somebody is going to use this to feed into 'the president is crazy' narrative."

Yes, the president is crazy and will spread any nutty conspiracy he hears about.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I read that he ASKED the question......so what??? Lol! Seems others have proven here that our government actually looked into doing just that before, so what's the big deal. Now people you disagree with can't ask questions? Your twisted media made this into something it's not and you all suck it right in.
If only Gore had invented the internet before Ike ask that question so they could prove their ignorance for all to read as now...……….hell, two scoops of ice cream sets off the haters

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
For me, alarm bells weren't going off when I heard about it, but I did think somebody is going to use this to feed into 'the president is crazy' narrative."

Yes, the president is crazy and will spread any nutty conspiracy he hears about.
Read your op's for insanity...…………..99,9% are proven lies

middleview

President
Supporting Member
If only Gore had invented the internet before Ike ask that question so they could prove their ignorance for all to read as now...……….hell, two scoops of ice cream sets off the haters
Gore never claimed to have invented the internet...When you lie about this kind of stuff it just makes you look even loonier than your president.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
They looked into it because someone high up asked the idiotic question before Trump did. That doesn't make Trump any smarter...it just means he isn't the first one to be that freakin stupid.

Here Trump Tweets and refers to himself again in the 3rd person do you now see this simple writing????
I think they are right when they say it is all a TV Character he is playing - see how he says President Trump said it then says I NEVER SAID THIS - like President Trump is another person - you see that right?????
  1. 4,889 replies6,885 retweets25,838 likes

2. Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago
The story by Axios that President Trump wanted to blow up large hurricanes with nuclear weapons prior to reaching shore is ridiculous. I never said this. Just more FAKE NEWS!
had a source. so you lied. i listed it and another source which referred to it. what makes it possible, even if not sourced the best ever, was trump says goofy crap like this a lot- like windmills cause cancer, climate change is a chinese hoax, and the US defeated the Brits by manning the skies, shutting down airports and ramming their ramparts.

thread success.
Sandia National Laboratories researched the idea extensively in the 1950s.

You retards keep sniffing your DNC KKKrazy Glue, though, it's amusing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/08/26/trump-nuclear-weapons-hurricane/

That logic evidently fell on deaf ears, because the advent of nuclear weapons prompted a new round of speculation by the end of the decade. Though the atomic bomb killed hundreds of thousands of people in Japan, the amount of energy it yielded was negligible compared with a mature hurricane, Jack W. Reed, a meteorologist at Sandia National Laboratories, explained in a 1959 paper. Nuclear weapons didn’t come close, either, he wrote, but a massive amount of air was lofted skyward when the hydrogen bomb was tested. If a submarine were to lob a nuclear missile at the eye of a hurricane, he theorized, the warm air fueling the storm would be lifted into the stratosphere. The hurricane might not come to an immediate stop, but at least it could be weakened or slowed.

This time, government officials appeared to take the idea into consideration. During a 1961 speech at the National Press Club, Francis W. Reichelderfer, the head of the U.S. Weather Bureau, revealed that the agency planned to study whether bombing a hurricane would stop it in its tracks. Asked specifically about nuclear weapons, the meteorologist replied that they “might do something to a hurricane, but he wasn’t sure if it would be good or bad,” the Associated Press reported. It wasn’t unthinkable that someday, the agency would hurl a nuclear bomb at a storm while it was still far from land, he said, but there were some major obstacles. Tests would cost millions of dollars, and the government needed to learn more about the potential side effects first.

UPNYA2

Mayor
you are lying, though. you have no sources that say that. and obama has twice the IQ of the donald, and you, and would never spew something so blatantly idiotic. and the article did mention that the goofy ass idea has been floated about before and obviously rejected....so what is the purpose of your post? to prove how you will lie to try and defend trump?
Ok then, MY sources say that Obama wanted to shoot missiles into Tornado.

I read it today in Political Jack. That is my source.

Not the best sourced story ever written but it was written and is out there for all to see so that meets your requirements, correct?

There you have it then...…. Obummer and his tornado stopping missiles, a timeless blunder.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
A senior Trump administration official told Axios that the president's suggestion to drop nuclear bombs into hurricanes to stop them from hitting the United States was well-intentioned. (but wildly retarded)

"His goal — to keep a catastrophic hurricane from hitting the mainland — is not bad," the official, who had been briefed on the suggestion, told the outlet. "His objective is not bad."

"What people near the president do is they say 'I love a president who asks questions like that, who’s willing to ask tough questions,'" the official said. "It takes strong people to respond to him in the right way when stuff like this comes up. For me, alarm bells weren't going off when I heard about it, but I did think somebody is going to use this to feed into 'the president is crazy' narrative."

Axios reported Sunday that Trump had floated the unconventional strategy in meetings with Homeland Security and national security officials.

"I got it. I got it. Why don't we nuke them?" Trump reportedly said at a White House briefing on hurricanes.

"They start forming off the coast of Africa, as they're moving across the Atlantic, we drop a bomb inside the eye of the hurricane and it disrupts it. Why can't we do that?" a source recounted to the outlet, paraphrasing Trump's words.

The Hill has reached out to the White House regarding the reported suggestion.

The idea of using nuclear weapons to disrupt hurricanes has been floated before and is addressed in a National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration fact sheet about tropical cyclones.

"Apart from the fact that this might not even alter the storm, this approach neglects the problem that the released radioactive fallout would fairly quickly move with the tradewinds to affect land areas and cause devastating environmental problems," the sheet reads.

"Needless to say, this is not a good idea," it adds. (but it might make more sense than believing windmills cause cancer, climate change is a Chinese hoax or the US beat the Brits in 1776 by manning the skies, shutting down airports and ramming their ramparts)

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/458767-official-on-trumps-hurricane-nuking-idea-his-objective-is-not-bad

And this is the guy many trump voters would actually vote for again....Just amazing.

View attachment 44598

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

The story by Axios that President Trump wanted to blow up large hurricanes with nuclear weapons prior to reaching shore is ridiculous. I never said this. Just more FAKE NEWS!

4:25 AM - Aug 26, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

32.7K people are talking about this

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2019/08/26/trump-really-want-nuke-hurricanes/

Worry about which candidate you will choose that works best with segregators instead of fake news.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
you are lying, though. you have no sources that say that. and obama has twice the IQ of the donald, and you, and would never spew something so blatantly idiotic. and the article did mention that the goofy ass idea has been floated about before and obviously rejected....so what is the purpose of your post? to prove how you will lie to try and defend trump?

So no sources eh ?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
:) Barry O ask if big fans could turn hurricanes...…………...same source as for Trumps nukes :)