• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump Autocracy became official 2/5/20

Mick

The Right is always right
OK, darling. So you can't explain what Trump does, you can only provide a link that says what you think?

Give examples of things that Trump does that Obama didn't that are autocratic
Julie posts memes and alt-left one liners. When you ask her to provide specific evidence is when she goes belly up. The low IQ, mentally diseased part of the electorate is vulnerable to this behavior.

kaz

Small l libertarian
Julie posts memes and alt-left one liners. When you ask her to provide specific evidence is when she goes belly up. The low IQ, mentally diseased part of the electorate is vulnerable to this behavior.
Only if you believe that past behavior is predictive of future actions. Oh wait, I do think that ...

kaz

Small l libertarian
OK, darling. So you can't explain what Trump does, you can only provide a link that says what you think?

Where'd ya go, Honey?

When danger reared it's ugly head, Julie turned her tail and fled ...

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Of one considers a CEO “an autocrat”, then I’d say ‘sort of’. The problem is that Trump is/has been subject to MANY checks on his authority...like the several court decisions that prohibited various EO’s, for example. Those quite specifically preclude the attribution of autocrat.

Unless you mean that his rhetoric is reminiscent of an autocrat. Perhaps a more thoroughgoing version of “I have a pen and a phone”?
You 'sort of' see it.

I suppose that means some scales have been washed from your eyes.

Now how do we stop a president from 'sort of' behaving like an autocrat?

kaz

Small l libertarian
You 'sort of' see it.

Begging the question, my lovely. I keep asking you to back up your claims with links and you repeatedly can't do it. No links, just empty claims. If you weren't a leftist this thread would have been closed as spam

RickWA

Snagglesooth
You 'sort of' see it.

I am uninterested in your robotically partisan assessments. Trump’s faults are more accurately those of unprecedented nepotism, unbelievably poor character, childish lack of self control, and several bad policies. Prior presidents had some autocratic rhetorical tendencies as well - one rather recent one in fact.

kaz

Small l libertarian
I am uninterested in your robotically partisan assessments. Trump’s faults are more accurately those of unprecedented nepotism, unbelievably poor character, childish lack of self control, and several bad policies. Prior presidents had some autocratic rhetorical tendencies as well - one rather recent one in fact.
Yes, that is Trump. No one was more autocratic than Obama though. Democrats are way more moral than we are. For every standard we have, they have two!

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member

Making the branches of govt one branch under his control BECAUSE OF FEAR OF THE BASE, maybe just maybe the republicans will see how impotent the base is before November but I doubt it, they failed badly in 2018 and there are less of them now.

The base will fade faster than the Tea Party

kaz

Small l libertarian
Making the branches of govt one branch under his control BECAUSE OF FEAR OF THE BASE, maybe just maybe the republicans will see how impotent the base is before November but I doubt it, they failed badly in 2018 and there are less of them now.

The base will fade faster than the Tea Party
Gotcha. Like his immigration policy where he usurped legislative powers. Oh wait, that was Obama ...

I have no idea what you are talking about. I want specifics. What branch of government is he bringing under his control that isn't already part of the executive branch? You know, like how Obama created immigration legislation usurping the legislative branch. Like that